Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golden Boy Corruption: Fixing Scoring Outcomes To Enhance Riches?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden Boy Corruption: Fixing Scoring Outcomes To Enhance Riches?

The money is in the split decision. Mere words unless you are a betting man. Boxing is a sport where many have been turned off by corruption dating back over 100 years. Fight fans tune in to see excitng matchups not to mention a good upset from time to time. When a robbery occurs scratching heads and chants of bull**** are not uncommon. But can there be robbery when the right guy wins?

Recent notable fights involving Golden Boy Promotions have caused dire hard insiders to look at possible corruption in the scoring of its fights. Namely three fights cause one to notice a current theme that has been taking place such as Mayweather/De La Hoya, Casamayor/Santa Cruz, and most recently Diaz/Katsidis. Each favorite won their fight by split decisions in which most observers would consider not being particularly close fights.

Many split decision wagers carry huge odds since they are hard to predict and draws carry even higher odds. When the favorite wins everybody goes home happy, if they bet on the favorite, but whomever bet on a split decision win goes home even happier as its common to see lines of 15-1 and even 20-1 on favorites who are expected to win by a 3-1 and better odd. Has Golden Boy tapped into some illegal practices by going under the radar to the untrained eye, some quiet insiders say yes, stay tuned.

Or Judges just suck at scoring fights. Yep.

Comment

Hmmmmm ....................interesting.

Comment

Bollocks, come on you never see a bookie on a bike.

First of all how would golden boy make LOADS of money from this, it would have to be in the millions to even consider it imo. And whenevr this happens, bookies spot unusual patterns, and investigate further. If huge unusual bets are carried out, and win then more often than not, something is up. no one would willingly gamble that much money... Secondly such thing as price equilbrium. low chance = high price, in order for the bookies to cover their backs, as soon as the potential outgoings has exceeded their profit margin, the odds will be slashed.

In conclusion I think this is very far fetched. I'm not ruling it out of course, it' just seems hardly worth it. Especially 3 decisions like that.

Last season the premiership goal of the season winner leaked and millions put money on the winner. The bookies suspended the trade, as the amountof money coming in was staggering, they investigated and low and behold... the winner had leaked. They didn't lose lots of money.

I don't think I've articulated what I'm trying to say very well, but I'm sure someone can back me up.

Comment

Bs............................................

Comment

Bump..........

Comment

Your probably onto something.

But i want to live. So im not going to say anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Right Hook Tua View Post
                Your probably onto something.

But i want to live. So im not going to say anything.
                Its a repost from Boxrec, I dont believe in the theory because I have seen two many fights that look differently when watching on different networks. So since the judges are watching the fight in different spots, they never see the same thing at the same time. When I watched Winky/Hop on HBO I thought Winky won by two rounds, but when I saw it on Star I had Hop up 3 rounds, go figure. There can be so many interpretations when you watch the same thing in different spots, like a crowd watching a car accident. You will get multiple stories.

Comment

Working...
                X