Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which network will you be watching on Saturday: HBO or NBC Sports?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    If he had gone through with the purse bid for the Stevenson fight the IBF wouldn't have stripped him. His making this fight is taking the easier path, something you often criticize boxers for.

Why no criticism of Kov for avoiding the purse bid to fight a 45-1 underdog mandatory?
    You know that's not true, Dunn. At the least, you can't prove what you are accusing Kovalev & Duva of doing. Duva offered an explanation for her actions, which include Kovalev's committment to HBO, the too far in advance projected fight date with Stevenson without the Mohammedi fight even having taken place yet. And let's not forget the bad blood between HBO and Haymon (though she didn't bother to mention that for PC reasons).

As you well know, Stevenson wanted a mint to fight Fonfara without a guarantee to fight Kovalev and when HBO didn't bite, he ran his ass to Showtime. He ****ing stuttered and stammered during the interview after the Cloud fight when asked if he'd fight Kovalev next. There's nothing that you can suggest that negates that fact. Kovalev starches Stevenson if and when they ever fight, & Adonis knows it. So who's avoiding whom?

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...urse-bid-order

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
      NBC has the closer to 50/50 fight but casuals love KO's and they will get that with the Kov mismatch.

And here i thought NSB hated mismatches but i guess not.

I have 3 TV's set-up so im watching both and mayeb some baseball
      Just because you may say NBC has the closer 50/50 fight doesn't mean its a great fight. BJ Flores and Shumenov are straight up bums. There is no quality to that fight. I love a good 50/50 fight all day but do it with fighters that matter, they are both bums going nowhere.

If you only like 50/50 matchups then why hug up on Mayweather and the Haymon promotions. If 50/50 fights you want, then you should be watching Top Rank Cards since they have the best matchmaker in the business and they are known to put on the better even matched bouts(outside of Pacquiao's fights).

Comment

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
        Just because you may say NBC has the closer 50/50 fight doesn't mean its a great fight. BJ Flores and Shumenov are straight up bums. There is no quality to that fight. I love a good 50/50 fight all day but do it with fighters that matter, they are both bums going nowhere.

If you only like 50/50 matchups then why hug up on Mayweather and the Haymon promotions. If 50/50 fights you want, then you should be watching Top Rank Cards since they have the best matchmaker in the business and they are known to put on the better even matched bouts(outside of Pacquiao's fights).
        Excellent post.

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
          You know that's not true, Dunn. At the least, you can't prove what you are accusing Kovalev & Duva of doing. Duva offered an explanation for her actions, which include Kovalev's committment to HBO, the too far in advance projected fight date with Stevenson without the Mohammedi fight even having taken place yet. And let's not forget the bad blood between HBO and Haymon (though she didn't bother to mention that for PC reasons).

As you well know, Stevenson wanted a mint to fight Fonfara without a guarantee to fight Kovalev and when HBO didn't bite, he ran his ass to Showtime. He ****ing stuttered and stammered during the interview after the Cloud fight when asked if he'd fight Kovalev next. There's nothing that you can suggest that negates that fact. Kovalev starches Stevenson if and when they ever fight, & Adonis knows it. So who's avoiding whom?

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...urse-bid-order
          Yes it is. Mohammedi is an easier fight than Stevenson. He took the HBO deal after asking out of the purse bid. No way to spin it other wise.

I get it, you and others do not care if Kov has an easy win because you are fans. Fine.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            Yes it is. Mohammedi is an easier fight than Stevenson. He took the HBO deal after asking out of the purse bid. No way to spin it other wise.
            It's not that simple.

Kathy Duva explains it in a front-page Ring website article.

She wanted the WBC purse bid to be after the IBF title fight. The IBF had already granted an extension to fight Pascal, Kovalev would have lost his title if he had avoided Mohammedi any longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
              It's not that simple.

Kathy Duva explains it in a front-page Ring website article.

She wanted the WBC purse bid to be after the IBF title fight. The IBF had already granted an extension to fight Pascal, Kovalev would have lost his title if he had avoided Mohammedi any longer.
              I don't give a **** what Duva says. She is a lying ***** that keeps trying to use the media as cover for her ineptitude. Same BS excuse making **** for Kov not using VADA for Pascal.

She wanted to try and force the purse bid with the hopes Stevenson would drop the belt. She got played because (as we learned with Floyd/Manny) allowing people to think you are scared of someone makes the fight more lucrative because casual fans are easily manipulated.

Kov is fighting the easier opponent to stay undefeated. he will fight Pascal again and then another easy opponent rather than Stevenson. Plain and simple.

Comment

I'll be watching both. Why choose???

- Bermuda

Comment

Originally posted by tmt dck licker
                  On saturday
                  im gonna stay home cause i got no job and no gas money for my 1989 toyota celica my mom gave me 7 years ago .

My girl left me and told me i have a small 4 inch peen (her nickname for me was pencil dck.

So ill be home with my lotion and toilet paper watching and supporting nbc and haymon on my moms 32 inch flat screen she got during income tax season..

(She is so happy she doesnt have to pay for anymore ppvs for me for a bit)

Im gonna let off a load for all my tmt brothers . Who needs a chick when you got marry palms rt my n $$gas ..

Tmt fo life ..

I cant wait ...im gonna go all over a pic of AL haymon . Pbc pbc pbc

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                    c'mon now, tunney lol

i could give two ****s about that NBC card...Kovalev is MUST WATCH
                    Most definitely.

Comment

Working...
                    X