Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you had to move permanately to another country....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
    Amazing beaches on the Pacific side, friendly people, fairly inexpensive and (most importantly) safe. The only thing I didn't like was driving south from San Jose through the mountains. Tons of fog, slow driving semis and no place to pass. But I enjoyed my week there immensely.
    Went there at the age of 12 for vacation with family and stood in Punta Arenas (I believe that's what it was called)...awesome place!

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
      Alaska in the US. Nope, I am not kidding.
      Apparently you get an annual dividend check (from oil) just for living there, which exceeded 2 grand back in 2006.

http://pfd.alaska.gov/appsandpaymnts/index.aspx

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alaska_Permanent_Fund

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
      Went there at the age of 12 for vacation with family and stood in Punta Arenas (I believe that's what it was called)...awesome place!
      Puntarenas. Yeah we drove back up along the coastline and ended up there before heading back to San Jose. Pretty cool beaches.

Last edited by Jim Jeffries; 08-22-2012, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Would live in Canada or west coast USA.

New Zealand's good, thought I would rather live in Austraila but I've heard from a few people who've moved over there that the cost of living (rent, food, cars etc) is way higher than NZ and the US. Some family who visited AU said it's not a good place for people with black hair because they think you're an Arab and they hate them lol

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          Why Dubai? Never got that!
          Quality of life, tax-free salary, and some of the nicest architecture in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
            Apparently you get an annual dividend check (from oil) just for living there, which exceeded 2 grand back in 2006.

http://pfd.alaska.gov/appsandpaymnts/index.aspx

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alaska_Permanent_Fund
            Bonus!! I had no idea. In all seriousness, I love the wildlife and I love cold Winters. Two grand per year just for doing what I do sort of sweetens the deal. Though I imagine the cost of living is crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dickie Smalls View Post
              Would live in Canada or west coast USA.

New Zealand's good, thought I would rather live in Austraila but I've heard from a few people who've moved over there that the cost of living (rent, food, cars etc) is way higher than NZ and the US. Some family who visited AU said it's not a good place for people with black hair because they think you're an Arab and they hate them lol

Go to the South instead of the west coast, we have great football,food,girls and lots of guns....what more could a man want????????

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
                Bonus!! I had no idea. In all seriousness, I love the wildlife and I love cold Winters. Two grand per year just for doing what I do sort of sweetens the deal. Though I imagine the cost of living is crazy.
                I always wanted to live in Alaska, but since the thread says different "country", then i'd just kill myself.

Comment

I heard New Zealand is a nice place to live...but if you guys want to compare the country you live in now to any other country in the world I'd suggest a cool website called : If It Were My Home dot com

Comment

I think I would go to Germany. I have had teachers and co workers that were stationed there when they were in the military, and all of them said they didn't want to leave. I also work with a German guy who only moved here in the last 5 years or so, and he makes it sound like it's great over there.

Comment

1,000 years from now, posters on UWW.Boxingscene.com would ask which planet would you like to live on. Mr. Kevin XI, would say, "I'd hate to live anywhere else other than Mars".

Oh and UWW: Universe Wide Web.

Comment

Working...
                      X