Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Mixed Martial Arts Discussion

Old 09-08-2019, 12:04 PM #11
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 793 Post(s)
Rusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 40,657.43

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophat1 View Post
Who do you guys see as the champs in each weightclass by the end of next year?

I will go for

Heavy .......jones
L heavy .....walker
Middle .....costa
Welter ......colby
Light .......ferguson
Feather......max
Bantam.....sandhagen
Fly ............henry
Jones had trouble w/ Gustafsson's hands, how does he handle Miocic!?!?

Whitaker has already given sooo much to the ring, if he were to fall-off any day now, I would not be surprised. But losing to that juice box Costa is all wrong.

Max will probably only defend once more before abandoning the division.

Khabib, too, probably needs to move up in weight. But Ferguson probably never wears the belt.
Rusty Tromboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-08-2019, 12:06 PM #12
Undisputed Champion

Rusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'b' View Post
If Jones moves up and DC stays retired then I agree with LHW and HW. Only disagreement is I have Khabib staying champ and I see Usman beating Colby, although I want Colby to win (for the chaos and tears).

135 is interesting. Cejudo is legit, Cruz coming back, Garbrandt IF he LEAVES team AM can be a force....Frankie might be goiinng down too (unless Conor takes him for an easy comeback)

Don't be surprised if the aussie beats Holloway, and watch Zabit.
Colby should beat Usman. You look at Colby and say he shouldn't win, but he's sooo relentless.

I think Dana doesn't want him as champ, that's why he's been yanking him around. He let Usman take home Woodley's scalp when he knew it belonged to Colby.

I'd love to Colby smash Usman, and then defend against Nurmagomedov.
Old 09-09-2019, 12:06 PM #13
Contender

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
tophat1 is a jewel in the roughtophat1 is a jewel in the roughtophat1 is a jewel in the roughtophat1 is a jewel in the rough
Total Points: 6,375.04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
Jones had trouble w/ Gustafsson's hands, how does he handle Miocic!?!?

Whitaker has already given sooo much to the ring, if he were to fall-off any day now, I would not be surprised. But losing to that juice box Costa is all wrong.

Max will probably only defend once more before abandoning the division.

Khabib, too, probably needs to move up in weight. But Ferguson probably never wears the belt.
Think jones takes him down and elbows him into next week.

I see Whitaker losing to isreal and costa beating him

I think khabib walks away soon and i see tony as the best of the rest
tophat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 09:52 PM #14
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Think jones takes him down and elbows him into next week.
How does he taken his down?

That was the place where Miocic was winning against Cormier in their first bout. Ironically, it's what cost him that fight.

Jones' clinch game works great against Middleweights who're long in the tooth. But now that he's fighting opponents who're closer to his size and in their youth, he's not as reliant on his clinch game.

Seriously, the Cormier who fought Miocic would've creamed Jones. He found Jones' face easier than he did Cormier's. But all the mustard had been taken off his punches, when he drained himself to make 205.

Look at Whitaker vs. Thompson, Silva vs. Okami, Johnson vs. Kocheck. Fighters known for their power can't cut too aggressively or they lose their best asset.

Quote:
I see Whitaker losing to isreal and costa beating him
As for Whitaker: He's clearly better than Adesanya. izzy was getting sparked by a fat Welterweight wrestler. In fact, Gastelum might've had that fight in the bag after rocking Adesanya w/ a left hook, but then he tried for a Takedown.
Adesanya has been really coddled because he has an entertaining style, but is a very limited fighter. He really shouldn't be fighting for the title, except that he's what Dana calls a "needle mover".

That being said, Whitaker has been through wars. His career might have caught up with him already. It's hard to imagine that even if he wins this fight, he'll be at the top of his game for long. Even the best of humans have very finite limits. If Whiatker has fallen off and Adesanya fights smart (ultra defensive and on the move) he might pull off an upset, a la Leonard vs. Hagler.

I hope that's not the case. Whitaker deserves better than to lose to Adesanya, who is entertaining but not particularly complete as a fighter, or even a striker. But MMA is far from fair.
Old 09-11-2019, 10:08 PM #15
Ignore List Champion

Quoted: 20931 Post(s)
Eff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,007,323.93
Total Points: 1,009,742.51
No Message - Santa_ Burger Exchange - cheeseburger good poster - jas One of the best posters on the forum! - JK1700 You Dont Have Enough Gifts - JimRaynor 
Always keep it real - Nomadic great contest! - TBear One kf - jas One of bscenes best - jas sensible, reasonable poster. 5 star - jazluvr 
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder you are one cool dude - Dean_Razorback 

JBJ saying there is a big announcement coming. He bout to move to HW to fight Stipe or is DC gonna be an idiot & go back down to 205 & get made to cry again by JBJ?
Eff Pandas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 10:36 PM #16
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff Pandas View Post
JBJ saying there is a big announcement coming. He bout to move to HW to fight Stipe or is DC gonna be an idiot & go back down to 205 & get made to cry again by JBJ?
I don't wanna see Jones fight at Hw, unless it's to embarass lesbo lesnar.

Jones is the only thing keeping 205 alive. He is better than every, and the opponents actually have a pulse. He could be really devastating at Heavyweight against bums, but he won't be able to work his range like he does at 205. He could get really, really hurt by anyone w/ a punch.

Really, Jones at Light Heavyweight IS a big thingalready. I am thankful we can just enjoy it, again. We're spoiled.
Old 09-12-2019, 01:37 AM #17
Contender

tophat1 is a jewel in the roughtophat1 is a jewel in the roughtophat1 is a jewel in the roughtophat1 is a jewel in the rough

I think jones could take him down after pressuring him against the cage. Jones has looked superhuman at times in the octagon i think it would be a mistake to thinn with extra size and strength he couldnt take stipe down. As far as cormier vs jones at heavy, i see what your saying about the weight cut but jones just seems to have his number

Im not all that big on Adesanya, i put money on kevin to beat him. I just think whitakers injurues will finally catch up with him and he will lose a kickboxing type of match to the fresher man
Old 09-12-2019, 05:11 AM #18
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 365 Post(s)
pittapatta66 has a reputation beyond reputepittapatta66 has a reputation beyond reputepittapatta66 has a reputation beyond reputepittapatta66 has a reputation beyond reputepittapatta66 has a reputation beyond reputepittapatta66 has a reputation beyond reputepittapatta66 has a reputation beyond reputepittapatta66 has a reputation beyond reputepittapatta66 has a reputation beyond reputepittapatta66 has a reputation beyond reputepittapatta66 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,155.62
Total Points: 24,809.19

Quote:
Im not all that big on Adesanya, i put money on kevin to beat him. I just think whitakers injurues will finally catch up with him and he will lose a kickboxing type of match to the fresher man
Adesanya is all hype, reminds me of Till - both pushed hard and had a big following, but there ain't anything special there. He's quite good, but just ain't all that. Depends on how Whittaker is going into the fight, I think he knocks Izzy out (Izzy can be likeable, but he's not sure whether he wants to be a humble Kiwi kid or a 'ghetto' African American...his accent changes depending on who's interviewing him, bit of an identity crisis going on there...plus he isn't a kid, the mofo is in his thirties but looks and acts like he's 25)
pittapatta66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 09:38 AM #19
Ignore List Champion

Quoted: 20931 Post(s)
Eff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,007,323.93
Total Points: 1,009,742.51
No Message - Santa_ Burger Exchange - cheeseburger good poster - jas One of the best posters on the forum! - JK1700 You Dont Have Enough Gifts - JimRaynor 
Always keep it real - Nomadic great contest! - TBear One kf - jas One of bscenes best - jas sensible, reasonable poster. 5 star - jazluvr 
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder you are one cool dude - Dean_Razorback 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
I don't wanna see Jones fight at Hw, unless it's to embarass lesbo lesnar.

Jones is the only thing keeping 205 alive. He is better than every, and the opponents actually have a pulse. He could be really devastating at Heavyweight against bums, but he won't be able to work his range like he does at 205. He could get really, really hurt by anyone w/ a punch.

Really, Jones at Light Heavyweight IS a big thingalready. I am thankful we can just enjoy it, again. We're spoiled.
I wanna see how good JBJ can be. And to me that involves going to HW. Hes getting older, time to put up or shut up. This is a champ champ era so if JBJ never attempts a 2nd belt thats a mark against him legacy-wise as I see it.

That one kid Walker(?) I think his name is seems like he could keep 205 interesting. If JBJ doesnt move up to 265 thats about the only thing of interest to me at 205. Im bored of seeing JBJ in 2nd gear max killing fools.

And Id argue 205 gets MORE interesting not less interesting with JBJ gone cuz it levels out the division. JBJ on some Wladimir sh^t at 205 & hes too good for these guys just like Wladimir was. When Wladimir left HW got interesting cuz it leveled off. And now next gen guys are coming up & making it more interesting. I think the same thing would go down at 205 immediately & then there are always guys on the way up so in 2-4 years those guys will be making splashs. Its all a cycle.
Eff Pandas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 09:55 AM #20
Contender

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittapatta66 View Post
Adesanya is all hype, reminds me of Till - both pushed hard and had a big following, but there ain't anything special there. He's quite good, but just ain't all that. Depends on how Whittaker is going into the fight, I think he knocks Izzy out (Izzy can be likeable, but he's not sure whether he wants to be a humble Kiwi kid or a 'ghetto' African American...his accent changes depending on who's interviewing him, bit of an identity crisis going on there...plus he isn't a kid, the mofo is in his thirties but looks and acts like he's 25)
I agree about till. His hype was even worse went in the bettong favorite against woodley somehow .

Share This With Friends