Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nelo moves up and fights WBA champ Fielding:Cherrypck GGG fights Vanes: "Goodfight"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R-Hand Southpaw View Post
    Bro. What you're doing is no different than someone who doesnt have an answer.

Let me guess, it starts with

"Anyone 154-168"

Then you'll complain how GGG fought nobody south of 160 or north of 160. Then you'll struggle to come up with any names or anyone who wanted to fight GGG.

Who at 154 called out GGG before 2016?
    Who at 168 before 2016?

Feel free to list all the names of anyone who called out GGG during this time. Humor me.

Then tell me that GGG was unreasonable when Ward wanted to fight him and he chose not to because he wasnt going to sign a multi fight deal just to fight Ward when he was the WBC mandatory for Cotto and Ward couldnt even make 168.

Yeah, its unreasonable to want to fight Cotto instead of Ward when Cotto brings a bigger name and a bigger check right?

And then blame GGG for taking step aside money because Canelo wanted to fight GGG so bad but ended up dropping the WBC belt just not to fight GGG.

Are all those things unreasonable?

But no, you think whoever GGG didnt fight he should have fought and anyone he didnt fight he ducked instead.

Let's me ask you. GGG is ducking Charlo and Andrade. What year did they come to the MW division again?

You're about to embarass yourself.
    Lol I somehow missed this post. Ok, you asked for it. One sec

I'm about to work out. I'll handle this as soon as I'm done. Hopefully you dont threaten to put me on ignore when we're done

Comment

Did Canelo give Jacob's a rematch? Why wont Canelo fight Jacob's at 168 with no weight stipulations just like how GGG did at 160?
      90% of boxingscene thought Jacobs beat Golovkin immediately after the Jacobs fight which is why GGG should've rematched Jacobs. Even though I thought Jacobs vs Canelo was close, the majority of fans didn't feel the same which is why there was no call for Canelo to rematch Danny.

Let's look at how people felt after G vs Jacobs:

Trout: Jacobs Exposed Golovkin; Canelo Will Beat Him On Points - https://www.boxingscene.com/trout-ja...points--120259

Amir Khan: Jacobs Beat Golovkin, Canelo Will Beat Him Too - https://www.boxingscene.com/amir-kha...im-too--120248

Jacobs: GGG Not a Bogeyman, Some of His Fans Booed Decision! - https://www.boxingscene.com/jacobs-g...cision--115858 - I was at the fight. I can attest to this.

Canelo: Jacobs Beat Golovkin By Two or Three Points! - https://www.boxingscene.com/canelo-j...points--115345

Hopkins: Jacobs Set Up Blueprint For Canelo To Beat Golovkin! - https://www.boxingscene.com/hopkins-...lovkin--115269

Golden Boy's Diaz: I Felt Jacobs Beat Golovkin, Canelo Will Too! - https://www.boxingscene.com/golden-b...lo-too--115002

Mayweather: 'Triple L' Golovkin Came Up Short, I'd Work Him Over! - https://www.boxingscene.com/mayweath...m-over--114987

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=740168 - This thread has over 800 comments with over 90% of fans feeling Jacobs did enough to win the fight.

These are all references off the top of my head. Canelo didn't have this problem when he fought Danny which is why there was no call to rematch. The simple fact you didn't know that shows we might have a problem here.

Nope. GGG is being unreasonable even though he pulled out the W already right? GGG is being unreasonable because he should fight Jacob's or whomever and risk an 8 figure pay day right and that's against a guy everyone saw rob him blind right?
      Is it about the money or is it about the best fighting the best? If you've followed GGG's career, you'd know that from the time he set foot on American soil he always said the best should fight the best. But now you're agreeing that he's a business man and not a champion, right?

But Canelo didnt fight Jacob's again did he?
      I just explained why. See above post.

Wasnt Canelo fighting at 154 when Charlo and Andrade were too?
      Yes, he was. Let's look at Canelo's resume/opponents at 154, and where Charlo and Andrade were "at the time" according to The Ring:

- Trout (2013) - #3... Andrade and Charlo were unranked
      - Mayweather (2013) - #1... Andrade was #6 and Charlo was #10
      - Lara (2014) - #2... Andrade #6 and Charlo #10

Canelo then went up to 160 and fought #1 MW, Miguel Cotto. So there you have it, while Andrade and Charlo were at JMW, Canelo fought #3 Trout, #1 Mayweather and #2 Lara. That's #1, #2 and #3, followed by #1 at Middleweight. Let's see what Golovkin was doing at the time, shall we:

Meanwhile GGG was fighting:
      Gabe Rosado
      Matthew Macklin
      Ishida
      Curtis Stevens
      Osumanu
      Daniel Geale
      Rubio
      Murray
      Willie Monroe Jr

All the while beating 1 champion named Daniel Geale. Canelo had already beaten 3 champions who were ranked #1, #2 and #3.

Now you tell me, how is this even comparable?

But no, GGG is unreasonable because at 36 and 37 years old he didnt fight every single top guy and ducked all of them because the majority of the boxing world saw him pull two Ws over Canelo right?
      Here you go rambling again, incoherently. GGG was being unreasonable because as I posted above, GGG's resume is quite weak. Just as you say GGG beat Canelo, other people are also saying GGG lost his biggest fights including against Jacobs, Derv and Canelo. Let's look at both fighters resume's:

Canelo
      - Trout #3
      - Lara #2
      - Kirkland - unranked
      - Cotto - #1
      - Khan - unranked JMW
      - Chavez Jr - unranked
      - Golovkin - #1
      - Fielding - unranked
      - Smith - #9
      - Jacobs - #2
      - Kovalev - #1

Canelo covered 4 weight classes and beat 6 top 5 opponents. Let's look at Golovkin's resume:

Golovkin
      - Proksa - #4
      - Rosado - unranked
      - Stevens - unranked
      - Geale - #3
      - Osumanu - unranked
      - Rubio - #8
      - Murray - #6
      - Monroe - unranked
      - Lemieux - #4
      - Wade - unranked
      - Brook - unranked MW
      - Jacobs - #2
      - Vanes - unranked
      - Rolls - unranked
      - Derv - #7

Golovkin covered 1 weight class and beat 4 top 5 opponents. Let's compare the two:

Canelo = 4 weight classes while beating 6 top 5 opponents at 29 years old.
      Golovkin = 1 weight class while beating 4 top 5 opponents at 38 years old.

So, statistics tells us that Golovkin at 38 years old has covered less weight classes (1), while beating less top 5 opponents over the course of his 14 year career (4).

GGG is unreasonable
      Yes, and I just explained why.

Maybe if GGG fought everyone 160-175 all at once in one night maybe then he would be reasonable enough for you guys eh?
      Here you go again, rambling unreasonably and incoherently again, which is why I didn't even want to respond to this drivel in the first place.

Tell me again who has those killers Charlo and Andrade fought and is there resume better than GGGs? Just wondering.
      Charlo is currently The Ring's #3 MW and Andrade is #2. What does this mean? Golovkin's highest win was against Daniel Jacobs, which means anything against the above 2 individuals would be match or be better than anything he's accomplished over the course of his 14 year career. This isn't my opinion, but FACTS... See rankings above.

Off I go to address your other post.
      Last edited by Chollo Vista; 04-02-2020, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Quarantine got the OP losing his mind.

Another clown hating on GGG.

Comment

Do it then. Write them pages. I'd love to read your hypocrisy.
          Ok, no problem

Bro. What you're doing is no different than someone who doesnt have an answer.
          No, I have plenty of answers, actually. But what's understood, doesn't have to be explained, but for you, I'll do it anyway.

Let me guess, it starts with

"Anyone 154-168"
          That's not what I said, that's what Golovkin and his team said. Let's look back, shall we:

In 2013:

https://books.google.com/books?id=Jz...20best&f=false

According to Thomas Hauser on Boxing: Another Year Inside the Sweet Science:

"Right now," he says, "I am a middleweight. But this is boxing. For money, I would go to super-middleweight to fight Andre Ward. For money, I would fight Mayweather at 154 pounds."

But would Ward or Mayweather fight him?
          "Mayweather? No way.
          Ward, We'll find out"

But then in 2015 when it came time to fight Ward:

Golovkin's Promoter: We'd Fight Ward at 164, 50-50 Split - https://www.boxingscene.com/golovkin...0-split--93258

“GGG would fight Ward on a 50-50 basis, the best 160-pounder versus the best 168-pounder [at] 164 [and] a 50-50 split on all proceeds.

Roc Nation: GGG's Team Turned Down Ward in 36 Minutes - https://www.boxingscene.com/roc-nati...minutes--96761

All this while agreeing to fight Froch and Chavez at 168. Read the article.

Oh and he agreed to fight Gabe Rosado at a catchweight of 157 lbs:

https://www.boxingscene.com/gennady-...-weight--60829

‘”For this fight Gennady agreed to come down from the middleweight limit to accommodate Rosado at a catch weight” said Tom Loeffler, Managing Director of K2 Promotions, “This is unheard for a champion, that’s how much respect Gennady has for Gabriel.”

But then, he turned around and REFUSED a catchweight with Canelo:

Gennady Golovkin refuses to fight Saul Alvarez at catchweight -

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/new...at-catchweight

""He is a champion at middleweight, at 160lbs, but at 154lbs? 155lbs or 167lbs? It's terrible.

"I am ready to fight anybody but Canelo isn't ready. I'll bring my belt - that's my style."

All this after Golovkin AGREED to a 157 lb catchweight with Rosado and 164 lb catchweight with Ward.

Let's move on, he also agreed to fight Ramirez at 168:

Golovkin's Promoter: If Ward Returns To 168 - Fight Can Happen! - https://www.boxingscene.com/golovkin...happen--115148

We’ve always said that Gennady could move up to 168 if it made sense. We tried to make the Chavez fight [at 168]. We tried to make the Froch fight [at 168]. Now [Gilberto] Ramirez is talking about fighting Triple G. He’s an undefeated 168 pound champion. Andre Ward, he’s got the Kovalev rematch. If he can win that one and come back down to 168 - I think that's a great fight,” said Loeffler to BoxingScene.com.

So there you have it. Not only did GGG agree to fight the likes of Mayweather at 154, but he also agreed to fight Rosado at 157 and Ward at 164, but refused a catchweight with Canelo all the while saying he'd fight anyone from 154-168.

Fast foward 6 years later and he hasn't fought 1 PERSON OUTSIDE 160.

Then you'll complain how GGG fought nobody south of 160 or north of 160.
          Because he hasn't, despite the above articles saying he would!

Then you'll struggle to come up with any names or anyone who wanted to fight GGG.
          No, I won't, the following people wanted to fight GGG:

Lara: Been calling out GGG at least since 2014:

Erislandy Lara Calls out Gennady Golovkin -
          http://thaboxingvoice.com/erislandy-...ovkin-2/37037/

Recently Lara made it clear he’s willing to fight anyone via twitter. He stated, “Great year! Austin Trout, Canelo Alvarez, Ishe Smith. Who wants to go to Cuban school next? Gennady Golovkin?”

The other following fighters have called out GGG:

Charlo
          Andrade
          Mora
          Ramirez

Who at 154 called out GGG before 2016?
          See above... Erislandy Lara

Who at 168 before 2016?
          See above. Andre Ward

Feel free to list all the names of anyone who called out GGG during this time. Humor me.
          I already did. I hope your humored. Now let's watch you dance and come up with excuses.

Then tell me that GGG was unreasonable when Ward wanted to fight him and he chose not to because he wasnt going to sign a multi fight deal just to fight Ward when he was the WBC mandatory for Cotto and Ward couldnt even make 168.
          Always excuses with you guys. GGG's resume consists of 4 top 5 wins in 1 weight class. Stop making excuse after excuse for someone who clearly said 154-168 and that the best should fight the best.

Yeah, its unreasonable to want to fight Cotto instead of Ward when Cotto brings a bigger name and a bigger check right?
          Maybe you weren't following the sport back then, but do I need to post the article where Golovkin said it's not about the money, but should be the best fighting the best?

And then blame GGG for taking step aside money because Canelo wanted to fight GGG so bad but ended up dropping the WBC belt just not to fight GGG.
          Golovkin refused a catchweight for Canelo while agreeing to a catchweight for Rosado because "he respected Rosado" lol You do the math.

Are all those things unreasonable?
          Hell yes they're unreasonable as I've already explained with sources, links and quotes.

But no, you think whoever GGG didnt fight he should have fought and anyone he didnt fight he ducked instead.

Let's me ask you. GGG is ducking Charlo and Andrade. What year did they come to the MW division again?
          Why the hell does it matter when they came to MW? The WBC made Charlo a mandatory for Golovkin in order to fight Canelo again:

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/4...anelo-alvarez/

The fact is Charlo is #3 and Andrade is #2... Instead of fighting either, Golovkin is fighting #6 Szeremeeta... Again, 14 year career with 4 top 5 wins. Here's his chance to have his 5th top 5 career win, but instead he TURNS DOWN A MANDATORY against the #3 guy and goes after the unheard of #6 guy in which he'd BE A 42-1 FAVORITE. But he had no problem honoring his mandatory against unranked Dominic Wade, IN WHICH HE WAS A 70-1 FAVORITE, right?

You're about to embarass yourself.
          Only one embarrassing themselves is you.
          Last edited by Chollo Vista; 04-02-2020, 03:40 PM.

Comment

GGG took on Vanes because Canelo failed PED tests.
            Stop right there, he didn't have to take on Vanes.

https://www.************.com/2018/04...berto-ramirez/

"The fighters are coming out of the woodwork to volunteer to be Golovkin’s replacement opponent for May 5th. Besides Gilberto Ramirez, Demetrius Andrade, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr".

Ramirez was #2 and Andrade was #2... BOTH were much better opponents than Vanes who not only wasn't a MW, but had been inactive for 2 years. It's fans like you that come up with excuses for Golovkin not to fight someone and then turn around and cry and complain about him getting up in age. Which one is it?

Anyone who thinks GGG should have fought anyone else before fighting Canelo again is a fool or even worse a bigger fan girl. It wouldn't make any sense from a business or legacy standpoint.
            They're a fan girl for asking a fighter who has had 4 top 5 wins over the course of his 14 year career to fight someone worth a damn before he starts using age as an excuse?

What world do you live in, bruh? Let's revisit GGG's resume:

Golovkin
            - Proksa - #4
            - Rosado - unranked
            - Stevens - unranked
            - Geale - #3
            - Osumanu - unranked
            - Rubio - #8
            - Murray - #6
            - Monroe - unranked
            - Lemieux - #4
            - Wade - unranked
            - Brook - unranked MW
            - Jacobs - #2
            - Vanes - unranked
            - Rolls - unranked
            - Derv - #7

Golovkin covered 1 weight class and beat 4 top 5 opponents.

Was Vanes a good fight? Nope. But his fans got to see him fight on the date he said he would instead of not seeing him fight at all.
            I just gave you a link to 2 Top 5 opponents that were willing to step in on said date. Stop with the damn excuses. If Vanes can come off the couch after 2 years and meet the above date, so can Andrade and Ramirez.

How about Rolls? Same kind of fight Vanes was. Was it spectacular? Nope. But the Hope's were Canelo 3 would be the next fight but guess what? It didnt happen because Canelo was too afraid to fight anywhere else but Vegas.
            Here you go with your incoherent, irrational drivel. What in the hell are you talking about? I can give you 4 guys that would've loved to replace Steve Rolls that Golovkin flat out "REFUSED" to fight. And then here you come justifying it. Stop. I even gave you a link that clearly explained what Golovkin had to do in order to get Canelo 3. What will you do? Turn a blind eye to the fact and then make excuses.

And this is GGG at the tail end of his career at 37 and soon to be 38 years old and now every excuse Canelo used to avoid GGG the 3rd time around is now invalid because he thinks he can win decisively this time.
            And here you are complaining about age again, just as I figured you would. In one breath, you ask for GGG to "wait" until Canelo's suspension is lifted after the first fight and then in the next breath, you're complaining about how old he's getting. Which one is it because you're all over the place.

If GGG wanted to add to the weak ass resume I already showed you, he's had the opportunity to fight #2 Ramirez at 168, #2 Andrade at 160 or #3 Charlo at 160. No excuse for Steve Rolls and Vanes.

So much for

"Unifying 160"
            "I dont want to fight GGG again. Too easy "
            "I dont want GGG to make money"
            Here you go again with your silly drivel. Pull yourself together. Canelo already unified when he beat GGG in the 2nd fight. Everything else you're typing, you're just pulling out your ass.

Now the narrative changed? I wonder why? Maybe Canelo all saw the same slippage we did in GGG?
            Once again, incoherent drivel. I don't even know what you're talking about. Do you want GGG to "wait" or fight a live dog? If you want him to "wait", then stop complaining about him getting old and being over the hill. You can't have it both ways. Make up your mind.

Canelo isnt some tough amazing athlete. Hes a business man and everyone who isnt sucking his nuts see it.
            I just posted several links explaining how Golovkin is a business man. Do we need to revisit said links?

Rocky Fielding? Not a good fight. A sham of a fight to say he is another division champion.
            A sham fight? Well what do you call this resume:

Golovkin
            - Proksa - #4
            - Rosado - unranked
            - Stevens - unranked
            - Geale - #3
            - Osumanu - unranked
            - Rubio - #8
            - Murray - #6
            - Monroe - unranked
            - Lemieux - #4
            - Wade - unranked
            - Brook - unranked MW
            - Jacobs - #2
            - Vanes - unranked
            - Rolls - unranked
            - Derv - #7

26% of Golovkin's top wins have been within the Top 5 of the division.

Kovalev? Also not a good fight.

How wasn't it? Before the fight, let's look at what you said:

Kovalev isnt a cherry pick
            It's because Kovalev is two full divisions higher than Canelo and does not need Canelo.
            You said Kovalev wasn't a cherry pick and admitted that Kovalev that Kovalev was a full two divisions bigger than Canelo. All this while making excuses for Golovkin to have a weaker resume and stay at 160 despite threatening to move up for 6 years. Somehow in your skewed world, all this makes sense?

Oh, he moved up to 175 but dude is already built for that weight, added weight clause, and closed as a 4 to 1 favorite.
            Already built for that weight? Canelo started as a Welterweight while Golovkin has been a MW and higher since the Olympics. Come back to reality man.

And what weight clause are you talking about dude? Why are you always posting irrational drivel?

You want to talk about betting favorites? Really? Let's look at Golovkin's history as the betting favorite while having a weaker resume than Canelo, shall we?

https://www.oddsshark.com/boxing/gen...g-odds-history

Ouma - 14 to 1
            Simon - 25 to 1
            Proksa - 4 to 1
            Rosado - 34 to 1
            Ishida - 50 to 1
            Macklin - 12 to 1
            Stevens - 15 to 1
            Adama - 9 to 1
            Geale - 7 to 1
            Rubio 20 to 1
            Murray - 20 to 1
            Monroe Jr - 25 to 1
            Lemieux - 13 to 1
            Wade - 70 to 1
            Brook - 7.5 to 1
            Jacobs - 4.8 to 1
            Canelo - 1.8 to 1
            Vanes - 25 to 1
            Rolls - 50 to 1
            Canelo - 1.9 to 1
            Szeemeta - 41-1

Look at this schit lol Look at GGG's egregious odds history and you're up here complaining about Canelo being a 4 to 1 favorite against a fighter as you put it was 2 weight divisions higher? Based off YOUR OWN logic, Golovkin's ENTIRE RESUME garbage. Which one is it?

Oh and Kovalev was the #1 guy at 175, possibly #2 depending on what ranking standard you consider. You really need to get a grip man.

Rolls
            Vanes
            Fielding
            Kovalev

All garbage fights.
            Lol listen to this dude. Let me ask you this; who on GGG's resume is better than Sergey Kovalev, let alone you put it in the same category as Vanes and Rolls What kind of meth are you smoking?

I'm a newer boxing fan but in the short time I've watched boxing
            Yeah, that's clearly evident
            Last edited by Chollo Vista; 04-02-2020, 12:54 PM.

Comment

R-Hand Southpaw

Since you asked for it, you better address every last one of my posts/points. And don't try to pull the sheets over my eyes because I got time today. So come correct or don't come at all because I will EXPOSE every half truth, false statement or BS claim you make.

Let's see what you got, kid.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyValmer View Post
                More hypocrisy on the daily.

So let's put this in perspective.

GGG refuses Andrade as replacement for Canelo and fights Martirosyan instead.

A version of Vanes Martirosyan that was almost on a 1 year plus layoff. And never fought in 160 before. GGG Knocks him out and NSB says it's a good win. Demetrius Andrade defeateda fresher version of prime Martirosyan years prior.

GGG and his former trainer DisAbled Sanchez verbally DUCKS Jermall Charlo on interviews saying "He's nothing". NSB says GGG wants Canelo nstead (despite not having earned it) and got exposed by Derevy a fight earlier.

Now, allegedly, GGG wants to fight either some bum named Szemereta(!) or Ryota Murata. Despite Danny being on DAZN's Roster and Demetrius Andrade begging GGG to not be a pùssy and fight him already.

So, instead of fighting a top MW guy who was THE MOST AVOIDED guy at 160 in Andrade Gennady "GGG" Golovkin wants to fight some unknown european guy, the guy that nobody knows and even heard his name before being linked with GGG.

And you guys are ok with this?

Yes, it's a name. But I thought this is in your top 10 P4P? Why isn't he taking on a challenge?
                I got a chuckle out of it, so I won't say you plagiarized. Nicely done

Comment

If that's what they mean then why dont they just come out and say it just like that?

GGG took on Vanes because Canelo failed PED tests. I dont get why people still continue to blame GGG for that when it was CLEARLY Canelos fault.

Anyone who thinks GGG should have fought anyone else before fighting Canelo again is a fool or even worse a bigger fan girl. It wouldn't make any sense from a business or legacy standpoint.

Was Vanes a good fight? Nope. But his fans got to see him fight on the date he said he would instead of not seeing him fight at all.

How about Rolls? Same kind of fight Vanes was. Was it spectacular? Nope. But the Hope's were Canelo 3 would be the next fight but guess what? It didnt happen because Canelo was too afraid to fight anywhere else but Vegas.

And this is GGG at the tail end of his career at 37 and soon to be 38 years old and now every excuse Canelo used to avoid GGG the 3rd time around is now invalid because he thinks he can win decisively this time.

So much for

"Unifying 160"
                  "I dont want to fight GGG again. Too easy "
                  "I dont want GGG to make money"

Now the narrative changed? I wonder why? Maybe Canelo all saw the same slippage we did in GGG?

Canelo isnt some tough amazing athlete. Hes a business man and everyone who isnt sucking his nuts see it.

Rocky Fielding? Not a good fight. A sham of a fight to say he is another division champion. Kovalev? Also not a good fight. Oh, he moved up to 175 but dude is already built for that weight, added weight clause, and closed as a 4 to 1 favorite.

Rolls
                  Vanes
                  Fielding
                  Kovalev

All garbage fights.
                  lol@thinking canelo changed his "tune" because he saw slippage.....canelo still dont really want that fight...he knows hes gonna bury the old man

DAZN is pressuring the fight...its a fight theyve wanted since day 1!!!! theyve invested alot of money and need a big matchup! theyve been wasting money and overpaying other guys left and right....and theyve overpaid golovkin massively.......canelo and golden boy are simply playing nice with DAZN.....they could care less about beating golovkin like they know they will....theyve already done it and were over it....

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
                    Ok, no problem

No, I have plenty of answers, actually. But what's understood, doesn't have to be explained, but for you, I'll do it anyway.

That's not what I said, that's what Golovkin and his team said. Let's look back, shall we:

In 2013:

https://books.google.com/books?id=Jz...20best&f=false

According to Thomas Hauser on Boxing: Another Year Inside the Sweet Science:

"Right now," he says, "I am a middleweight. But this is boxing. For money, I would go to super-middleweight to fight Andre Ward. For money, I would fight Mayweather at 154 pounds."

But would Ward or Mayweather fight him?
                    "Mayweather? No way.
                    Ward, We'll find out"

But then in 2015 when it came time to fight Ward:

Golovkin's Promoter: We'd Fight Ward at 164, 50-50 Split - https://www.boxingscene.com/golovkin...0-split--93258

“GGG would fight Ward on a 50-50 basis, the best 160-pounder versus the best 168-pounder [at] 164 [and] a 50-50 split on all proceeds.

Roc Nation: GGG's Team Turned Down Ward in 36 Minutes - https://www.boxingscene.com/roc-nati...minutes--96761

All this while agreeing to fight Froch and Chavez at 168. Read the article.

Oh and he agreed to fight Gabe Rosado at a catchweight of 157 lbs:

https://www.boxingscene.com/gennady-...-weight--60829

‘”For this fight Gennady agreed to come down from the middleweight limit to accommodate Rosado at a catch weight” said Tom Loeffler, Managing Director of K2 Promotions, “This is unheard for a champion, that’s how much respect Gennady has for Gabriel.”

But then, he turned around and REFUSED a catchweight with Canelo:

Gennady Golovkin refuses to fight Saul Alvarez at catchweight -

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/new...at-catchweight

""He is a champion at middleweight, at 160lbs, but at 154lbs? 155lbs or 167lbs? It's terrible.

"I am ready to fight anybody but Canelo isn't ready. I'll bring my belt - that's my style."

All this after Golovkin AGREED to a 157 lb catchweight with Rosado and 164 lb catchweight with Ward.

Let's move on, he also agreed to fight Ramirez at 168:

Golovkin's Promoter: If Ward Returns To 168 - Fight Can Happen! - https://www.boxingscene.com/golovkin...happen--115148

We’ve always said that Gennady could move up to 168 if it made sense. We tried to make the Chavez fight [at 168]. We tried to make the Froch fight [at 168]. Now [Gilberto] Ramirez is talking about fighting Triple G. He’s an undefeated 168 pound champion. Andre Ward, he’s got the Kovalev rematch. If he can win that one and come back down to 168 - I think that's a great fight,” said Loeffler to BoxingScene.com.

So there you have it. Not only did GGG agree to fight the likes of Mayweather at 154, but he also agreed to fight Rosado at 157 and Ward at 164, but refused a catchweight with Canelo all the while saying he'd fight anyone from 154-168.

Fast foward 6 years later and he hasn't fought 1 PERSON OUTSIDE 160.

Because he hasn't, despite the above articles saying he would!

No, I won't, the following people wanted to fight GGG:

Lara: Been calling out GGG at least since 2014:

Erislandy Lara Calls out Gennady Golovkin -
                    http://thaboxingvoice.com/erislandy-...ovkin-2/37037/

Recently Lara made it clear he’s willing to fight anyone via twitter. He stated, “Great year! Austin Trout, Canelo Alvarez, Ishe Smith. Who wants to go to Cuban school next? Gennady Golovkin?”

The other following fighters have called out GGG:

Charlo
                    Andrade
                    Mora
                    Ramirez

See above... Erislandy Lara

See above. Andre Ward

I already did. I hope your humored. Now let's watch you dance and come up with excuses.

Always excuses with you guys. GGG's resume consists of 4 top 5 wins in 1 weight class. Stop making excuse after excuse for someone who clearly said 154-168 and that the best should fight the best.

Maybe you weren't following the sport back then, but do I need to post the article where Golovkin said it's not about the money, but should be the best fighting the best?

Golovkin refused a catchweight for Canelo while agreeing to a catchweight for Rosado because "he respected Rosado" lol You do the math.

Hell yes they're unreasonable as I've already explained with sources, links and quotes.

Why the hell does it matter when they came to MW? The WBC made Charlo a mandatory for Golovkin in order to fight Canelo again:

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/4...anelo-alvarez/

The fact is Charlo is #3 and Andrade is #2... Instead of fighting either, Golovkin is fighting #6 Szeremeeta... Again, 14 year career with 4 top 5 wins. Here's his chance to have his 5th top 5 career win, but instead he TURNS DOWN A MANDATORY against the #3 guy and goes after the unheard of #6 guy in which he'd BE A 42-1 FAVORITE. But he had no problem honoring his mandatory against unranked Dominic Wade, IN WHICH HE WAS A 70-1 FAVORITE, right?

Only one embarrassing themselves is you.
                    when push comes to shove at the end of their excuses for ducking ward theyll always throw in an "ward couldnt even make 168" at the end...

ward came back and fought paul smith....ward weighed in at 171 for that fight.....it was at a 172 CW...and he let smith weigh in 4+ lbs over

why do people think it was a 172 CW? why do people think ward weighed in at 171? its obvious he did so with the intent of staying between 168-175 with the intent of calling up golovkin after to see if he wanted a fight...if golovkin didnt want a fight he would then pursue 175 with full force....which is exactly what happened

ward has never given anyone a reason to believe hed lie....if ward said he could make 168, and he did say he could, then youd have to take his word for it...and he showed everyone he was keeping himself between classes in the event a big fight with golovkin could happen...which is exactly what he knew hed pursue next after coming back for a sparring sesh with smith

yet these idiots keep throwing the "ward couldnt make 168 anyways" BS around like its gospel

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                      when push comes to shove at the end of their excuses for ducking ward theyll always throw in an "ward couldnt even make 168" at the end...

ward came back and fought paul smith....ward weighed in at 171 for that fight.....it was at a 172 CW...and he let smith weigh in 4+ lbs over

why do people think it was a 172 CW? why do people think ward weighed in at 171? its obvious he did so with the intent of staying between 168-175 with the intent of calling up golovkin after to see if he wanted a fight...if golovkin didnt want a fight he would then pursue 175 with full force....which is exactly what happened

ward has never given anyone a reason to believe hed lie....if ward said he could make 168, and he did say he could, then youd have to take his word for it...and he showed everyone he was keeping himself between classes in the event a big fight with golovkin could happen...which is exactly what he knew hed pursue next after coming back for a sparring sesh with smith

yet these idiots keep throwing the "ward couldnt make 168 anyways" BS around like its gospel
                      Virgil Hunter dispelled the Ward can't make 168 myth a long long time ago. So, no, that doesn't work.

And even then, they should've called his bluff. Think about it, if Ward struggles to make 168, that's a benefit for G if Ward shows up to the weigh in drained?

So even that excuse makes no sense. If they were ever concerned with draining Ward or caring about his health, they would've never asked for a 164 lb catchweight.

Bottom line is I'm just tired of all the GGG shenanigans and excuses laid around his weak resume
                      Last edited by Chollo Vista; 04-03-2020, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X