No announcement yet.

Spence: If Crawford wants 50/50 he dont want the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    50/50 against Joshua? Which moron said that??
    Too many of them. There isn’t even any need to go there anymore. Crawford deserves 50/50 simple as, if Spence beats Porter then Crawford doesn’t deserves 50/50, not especially if Spence goes on to claim the third belt. That stuff about selling more than 150k with Porter might be significant though.

Comment

Spence can’t use the Garcia PPV to claim he deserves more IMHO. If he does a better number with Porter then he has a right to ask for more split.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
        If Spence does better than 150k buys vs Crawford? Then no, Crawford doesn't deserve 50/50.

Spence theoretically at that point would have two or three of the belts and done better numbers in both his PPVs.

Really at that point, Crawford would have NO case of asking for 50/50.
        That’s kinda how I see it. If the fight was tomorrow then 50/50 would be fair. But if Spence goes and beats Porter then Thurman/Pacquiao and those fights do good numbers, he clearly becomes the A side.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          Spence's one PPV more than doubled Crawford's two PPV's. Crawford's promoter has said the only PPV fight out there for Crawford is Spence. On the other hand Spence has a PPV with Porter and the winner of Pac/Thurman.

In what world is the guy with no options, and cant sell without the help of thur other guy worth 50/50?

Your hatred for PBC shouldn't affect your common sense
          Mmmm ... in the same world as a guy with zero PPV fights and 1 title belt, who's highest purse was $3.5million, was worth 40/60 against another guy with multiple PPV fights and 3 title belts, who's average purse was around £25million.

In other words, for PBC fans who claimed that Wilder was worth 40/60 against AJ to say that Crawford isn't worth 50/50 against Spence is extremely hypocritical.
          Last edited by kafkod; 06-24-2019, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            Too many of them. There isn’t even any need to go there anymore. Crawford deserves 50/50 simple as, if Spence beats Porter then Crawford doesn’t deserves 50/50, not especially if Spence goes on to claim the third belt. That stuff about selling more than 150k with Porter might be significant though.
            LIS, in the hypothetical this will be AFTER the Porter fight, and should he win that fight. So he will have at the very least two belts heading into those negotiations.

And your next post said he can't use the Garcia PPV numbers? Sure he can. Everything is relevant, and it's not like he was fighting someone who was an established PPV star like Canelo or something. Both were on equal grounds in that fight. But if he then comes back and does less than 150k buys vs Porter? Then obviously he loses negotiation power. But if he does better than 150k buys, to go along with having two or three belts opposed to one for Crawford as well as having TWO PPVs out do Crawford's best? Then no way in hell is Crawford getting 50/50. At that point you could make the case he is out pricing himself.

Comment

Spence's one PPV more than doubled Crawford's two PPV's. Crawford's promoter has said the only PPV fight out there for Crawford is Spence. On the other hand Spence has a PPV with Porter and the winner of Pac/Thurman.

In what world is the guy with no options, and cant sell without the help of thur other guy worth 50/50?

Your hatred for PBC shouldn't affect your common sense
              I don't want to hear those excuses. I have no hatred for the PBC. I dislike them just as much for their actions as I do other promotional companies. Those PPV numbers were higher for Spence because he fought an opponent with a big fanbase. I think Spence Vs Khan or Spence Vs Postol on ppv really wouldn't do much higher than Crawford did. Crawford is arguably p4p #1. Spence is not viewed in that same manner yet. 50/50 is fair, Spence is making tons of excuses for the fight not happening. It's disappointing. He isn't the fighter I thought he was. You can sit here making excuses for him...I'm not in to that. Have a fun day

Comment

Crawford needs spence so spence is playing hard to get. I get it, but i also suposse spence doesn’t really want to fight the best. Imagine pacquiao vs thurman and spence vs crawford and then the winners fight next. Crawford spence would be a real ppv, unlike spence porter which is a joke on ppv. Anytime two halfway decent fighters fight it has to be ppv? Hope it bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
                  In no way does Crawford deserve 50/50
                  Most likely Crawford 55/45 you're right

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                    Mmmm ... in the same world as a guy with zero PPV fights and 1 title belt, who's highest purse was $3.5million, was worth 40/60 against another guy with multiple PPV fights and 3 title belts, who's average purse was around £25million.

In other words, for PBC fans who claimed that Wilder was worth 40/60 against AJ to say that Crawford isn't worth 50/50 against Spence is extremely hypocritical.
                    Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
                    I don't want to hear those excuses. I have no hatred for the PBC. I dislike them just as much for their actions as I do other promotional companies. Those PPV numbers were higher for Spence because he fought an opponent with a big fanbase. I think Spence Vs Khan or Spence Vs Postol on ppv really wouldn't do much higher than Crawford did. Crawford is arguably p4p #1. Spence is not viewed in that same manner yet. 50/50 is fair, Spence is making tons of excuses for the fight not happening. It's disappointing. He isn't the fighter I thought he was. You can sit here making excuses for him...I'm not in to that. Have a fun day
                    Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                    That’s kinda how I see it. If the fight was tomorrow then 50/50 would be fair. But if Spence goes and beats Porter then Thurman/Pacquiao and those fights do good numbers, he clearly becomes the A side.
                    Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    Spence can’t use the Garcia PPV to claim he deserves more IMHO. If he does a better number with Porter then he has a right to ask for more split.
                    Arum said Crawford needs Spence to do a PPV. Spence is fighting Porter & the winner of Pac/Thurman on PPV

In what world does Crawford get 50/50 when his own promoter says he needs Spence because he has no other PPV options?!?!?

Comment

Arum said Crawford needs Spence to do a PPV. Spence is fighting Porter & the winner of Pac/Thurman on PPV

In what world does Crawford get 50/50 when his own promoter says he needs Spence because he has no other PPV options?!?!?
                      He’s just fought on PPV. I’m honestly not that interested in purse splits, I just wanna see the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X