Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be the new most Avoided fighter.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will be the new most Avoided fighter.

We have a few good picks here. I voted Lara i think he took the great Paul's niche ironically enough.
    Lara
    53.57%
    Kovalev
    14.29%
    GGG
    17.86%
    Rigondeaux
    10.71%
    Other post your pick
    3.57%

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
    We have a few good picks here. I voted Lara i think he took the great Paul's niche ironically enough.
    I'm pretty confident Lara gets a big name next. I don't see gb making him fight another "eliminator"

It's tough to say Rigondeaux gets avoided because realistically who can he fight at 122? Keeping in mind the whole gb/ tr feud. Unless he moves up yo featherweight he won't get any big fights.

GGG much like Rigondeaux IMO has to move up to get a big fight and fighter at 168 are willing to fight him it's obvious Marinez's team doesn't want the fight so saying that if he moves up he gets to fight top guys.

I don't see kovalev getting Stevenson so I guess he would be my pick for now.

Comment

I don't see them lining up to fight Thurman if he stops Karass. He'll be viewed as high risk, low reward.

Maidana and Guerrero have already turned him down and he's mandatory to Broner, let's see if that fight happens.

Comment

Sadly, I think Kovalev might have some major problems and is going to get avoided like a dose of the bubonic plague.

He utterly wrecks and ruins people but at the same time he's fighting in front of English-speaking audiences (and does not speak much/any English) and seems to keep a very low media profile as well. He just turns-up on fight night and smashes good fighters into near-oblivion.

I seriously respect the guy; but how many promoters will want to face such a dangerous guy who is so under-the-radar?

Sergey ended-up defending his title on the undercard of the Stevenson-Bellew fight so perhaps the Stevenson people are aiming to make the match-up between Adonis and Sergey? Here's hoping.

With so many Russian fighters landing big fights in Germany and now Russia itself it seems that Kovalev should really be moving across the Atlantic.

Comment

It's either guys that are super slick, or the guys that can bang and force you into a fight at the elite level.

Then there's Thurman. A guy that can move and throw at the same time, and throws with mean intentions.

Thurman's the style that's harder to crack than either of the 2.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
            It's either guys that are super slick, or the guys that can bang and force you into a fight at the elite level.

Then there's Thurman. A guy that can move and throw at the same time, and throws with mean intentions.

Thurman's the style that's harder to crack than either of the 2.
            my guess is that was Rigondeaux's last fight on HBO for a while. That fight flat out stunk. HBO I think will try to hype Carl Frampton or one of the more exciting 122 pounders, and Rigondeaux will fade into an Anselmo Moreno-like obscurity.

Comment

Kovalev its deadly but i voted rigo

Impossible to win against him and makes you look terrible, plus no fan base at all so little money on fighting him.

At least with the others you can trade a little bit and save some face

Comment

Miguel vasquez

No one around 135 wants him,,, he is avoided like the plague by burns, crawford, gamboa, garcia, etc

Comment

Originally posted by teddycanyon View Post
                  my guess is that was Rigondeaux's last fight on HBO for a while. That fight flat out stunk. HBO I think will try to hype Carl Frampton or one of the more exciting 122 pounders, and Rigondeaux will fade into an Anselmo Moreno-like obscurity.
                  The thing is that HBO has put a lot into Nonito Donaire so they can't really through Rigo under the bus if Donaire is still viable (iffy). I think HBO is doing the best they can with Rigo, and are working on a format for him. IE- Put fights casuals will like up first, explain to casuals about what they're going to see, while begging Rigo off camera to at least press for the sure bet kill.

Comment

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
                    Has to be GGG, almost reaches "Mike Tyson" type of fear that causes fighters to avoid him- for that reason alone he's far more legit than anyone else on the list where it's more of a financial/opportunity thing.

and Kovalev is getting there, just needs more exposure.

Comment

Working...
                    X