Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The fight postponement gave Ortiz more time to train and he will be more fit.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Wilder is the betting favourite but I'm leaning slightly towards Ortiz cause I just feel at some point Wilder's weak skillset will catch up to him in that ring and Ortiz should just about be good enough from what I've seen so far. Only thing is that Ortiz himself hasn't faced anyone that great either, his best win is Jennings?

There are plenty of unknowns in this fight and it makes it really hard to make a confident prediction. Can Ortiz press forward effectively and how good is his chin? it needs to better than Gerald Washington's. Can Wilder actually box effectively at range against someone not named Bermane Stiverne?

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
      Wilder in trouble. Take my words this won't be an easy fight for Wilder in any way. Bet on Ortiz if you want a safe bet.

He will be in the best shape ever for this fight.

Ortiz is my pick for this fight. I like Wilder but if Spilszka could outbox him then Ortiz should be able to and beat him as well.
      Post your betting slip if you actually believe this. You can get 9/4 on an Ortiz win or 9/1 he wins a decision.

Comment

If Ortiz will need to be in great shape to get on the inside consistently. Once he’s there, Deontay won’t know what to do with him.

The problem is that even coming in the best shape of his life, he’s going to get tired mid-rounds and his chin is going to be tested (unless he can stop Wilder in the first half).

I agree though on the fight postponement making this fight that much better because it gives Ortiz more time to get in the best shape possible.

Comment

I doubt a 45 year old with high blood pressure has much of a chance

Edit: also fat

Comment

Working...
          X