Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Kova wins, Will the American Crowd Roar Crazy Like Schmeling vs Louis I?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Kova wins, Will the American Crowd Roar Crazy Like Schmeling vs Louis I?

I say no. Different era, different times.

did people boo when Mayweather beat Pac?

I think a lot of Americans like Kovalev. I'm not even sure if Ward is the fan favorite. It's pretty evenly split.

Comment

Comment

punk ass bobokov ain't winning a gotdamn thing

Comment

My guess is that most of the crowd will be hardcore boxing fans that don't have a clear preference. Kovalev is the more fan-friendly fighter but Ward could possibly have a decent sized group come Oakland.

Comment

Why can't people get it? Casuals don't like fighters that disengage too much or stop the smooth flow of a fight. They don't like excessive clinchers, runners, posers. Doesn't matter what race. I hated Hatton where he clinched every damn second. Don't remember which fight.

Comment

You never know .

There are a lot of people who want to "Make America Great Again" out there.

But to be fair, back then boxing was the biggest sport in the world and people cared a lot more back then. Now, this crowd will probably mostly boxing heads, so I don't think it'll be as racial/nationalistic outside of a few idiots, but those of us who love boxing just want to see a great fight.

My prediction is a controversial decision going to Kovalev.

Comment

Working...
              X