Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Martinez: Hey Cotto, Beat Me and I'll Give You My Purse

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why wont sergio fight Pirog? What about bute, ward, froch? They are all closer to his weight and he can go for a 3rd division title.

Comment

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
      Both, good posts!!!!!!!

This is just Martinez being desperate, he will never put his pursue on the line like, that!! Dibella wont allow it, is that simple. When Caballero said he would pay all the sanctioning fees for a Juanma fight, Juanma said OK lets do it and his promoter said, they were bussinnes persons, yadda, yadda, yadda!!

The funny thing is the hipocresy of Martinez, he says he dont fight Pirog because Pirog brings no $$$$, but when somebody who is a bigger star than him says so, is because he is afraid??

Sergio needs to pay his dues first, beating 2 decent guys doesnt cut it. Cotto, Pacquiao and even Mayweather have been fighting top guys for years, Martinez beats a alcoholic and a overrated punching bag and he thinks people owes him the world. He is getting full of it, because everybody is overrating him.

How about he fights Pirog, or move down and beat, bundrage, Martyrosian and a couple more contendders before his starts talking smack!!

I hope Cotto takes the fight, so you'll can see what happends when Sergio faces a body puncher.
      See the thing is i give great credit to Serg beating Pavlik & Pwill cuz he went up and fought Pavlik for the title in a good fight and second against Pwill in a FOTY fight and the rematch a KO so i aint hating on the dude cuz he is talented as hell but he has to fight guys in hes own weight class clean that division up and belive me the guy will get Big fights in the future...i think he should have fought Pirog cuz i think he was the #1 contender...so idk but Sergio has to a bit patient than this u dont get big fights over night..

Comment

Originally posted by el malo View Post
        why wont sergio fight Pirog? What about bute, ward, froch? They are all closer to his weight and he can go for a 3rd division title.
        Pirog yes he should have fought him instead of the guy hes gona fight and i dont think he will do well at SMW cuz he will b a small SMW and look at the list... WARD/Froch/Bute/Kessler/AA and guys lke Bika and Cloud r tough as Hell but the top guys at SMW r way bigger/Stronger/Fast/powerful and equally skilled than Martinez and he will b outweighed by alot on fight night by 10 to 15lb of natural fighter at that SMW... i mean he can fight them but putting more weight on him will make him slow IMHO...

Comment

boxing is funny

martinez is already kinda small 4 middleweight...why would he go up.....2 fight bute or ward...they 2 big...he is really a 154 pound fighter and bob knows cotto can't beat martinez so he wont fight him

Comment

They weigh 180 on fight night versus his 167-171 on fight night. How are they closer to his weight?

Comment

obviously martinez will beat cotto. martinez vs lara would be more even

Comment

If Cotto has his cojones in the right place he will accept this challlenge. He straight out called him, I even feel offended and Cotto is my favorite fighter. Seems to me Maravilla feels like Cotto is going to win in December otherwise he would not be making such comments. Do it at 155 catch for Middle weight title, that way Cotto has something more to gain other than the purse.

Comment

cotto pu$$y like that

cotto would fight anybody but he keep backin up when sergio calls him out....he probably dont want to fight another pound 4 pound fighter after what pac-man did 2 him......it's a great fight if they fight at 154....who cotto gone fight if he dont fight sergio...he better unify or fight

Comment

he's not a supermiddle thats why,he started at 147,154 and now 160,he's only like 5'10,those guys are over 6'2,he doesn't have the body to compete that high,every boxer has his limit and i think his is at 160 or 154,

Comment

Originally posted by vrodz View Post
                      I'm a fan of both guys, that said Sergio sounds a bit desperate for a big payday. He has called out Cotto, floyd and pac and I do not see any of them talking about him so why is he isolating cotto out for not fighting him. Cotto has unfinished buisness to take care of with cheato, let him take care of that first and then try and get him in the ring.

Looking at your favorite fighters you have COTTO as number 1. It makes sense for you to defend him, but you need to do a better job..

Martinez should be looking for a big payday the same way I am sure at your job, you look for a raise by merit or when review time comes around....

I have yet to see in all my years of management a person say, I really dont want a raise...

This is SERGIO'S JOB, AND HE WANTS TO GET PAID, JUST LIKE ON THE FLIP SIDE YOU ADMITTED COTTO TOOK THE 5 MILLION FROM ARUM INSTEAD OF SAY A 2.5 FOR MARTINEZ...

IN THIS INSTANCE Cotto was looking for the biggest payday himself...

COTTO IS A CHAMPION AT 154, SERGIO WANTS TO FIGHT HIM AT 154, AND SERGIO HAD A TITLE THERE AS WELL..... I DONT SEE WHAT THE PROBLEM IS.... I REALLY DONT...

ITS not like COTTO has only had x1 fight there, or this is his first fight there....

HE WON A BELT THERE, HAS FOUGHT MAYORGA THERE, AND IS NOW FIGHTING CHEATO AT A CATCHWEIGHT THERE??

SEEMS HES AFRAID...

SO DONT KNOCK MARTINEZ FOR BEING DESPERATE, HES SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

THIS **** ISNT ABOUT LEGACY....

I WOULD RATHER HAVE A FAT BANK ACCOUNT THEN HAVE SOME SIMPLE ASS FANS REMEMBER ME WHILE I AM POOR AND BROKE TRYING TO LIVE OFF INFOMERCIALS ETC. OR SELLING ****ING GRILLS.

OR SELLING MY NAME FOR MONEY (YES ALI DID THIS)
                      Last edited by QADASHBANYAH; 09-30-2011, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X