• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RussB23 View Post
    You guys need to stop acting like floyd " embarassed" manny. He didnt
    "jab" huh...

Case rested

floyd literally did not press the action a single time for the fans.
    What's Floyd known for?

"The Greatest DEFENSIVE Fighter Of His Generation".

What's Manny known for?

"The Greatest OFFENSIVE Fighter Of His Generation".

What do defensive fighters do?

Defend.

What do offensive fighters do?

Press offense.

What did Manny need to do?

Press offense.

What did Floyd need to do?

Defend.

One of these two failed to get the job done.

Now that I've properly dumbed it down...can you tell me what was wrong with the statement you made?

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
      "jab" huh...

Case rested

What's Floyd known for?

"The Greatest DEFENSIVE Fighter Of His Generation".

What's Manny known for?

"The Greatest OFFENSIVE Fighter Of His Generation".

What do defensive fighters do?

Defend.

What do offensive fighters do?

Press offense.

What did Manny need to do?

Press offense.

What did Floyd need to do?

Defend.

One of these two failed to get the job done.

Now that I've properly dumbed it down...can you tell me what was wrong with the statement you made?
      Floyd made the fight as boring ass possible. You can still be defensive and entertain the fans, the point im trying to make is it wasnt some master schooling you make it out to be. It was just a boring pot shot fest that dissapointed all boxing fans.

Comment

Floyd made the fight as boring ass possible.
        No, Manny did that by not doing what he was expected to do.

Ask his trainer:

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/292413
        Originally posted by Digital Journal
        Pacquiao's trainer Freddie Roach says the Filipino boxer will knock out Mayweather and win the fight.

Roach believes Mayweather's legs are gone and and that made him very hittable, he told David Tyler of DoghouseBoxing.
        https://www.theepochtimes.com/manny-...s_1129665.html

Originally posted by Epoch Times
        Manny Pacquiao Will KO Floyd Mayweather Jr, Freddie Roach Says

“Manny showed against Algieri that his legs are great and he was on his toes for twelve straight rounds. I don’t think Mayweather can do that anymore. I think he’s getting old and his legs are gone,” Roach said during a recent radio interview with Leave It In the Ring.

“I think it’s only a matter of time before we knock him out.”

Roach said that one key difference between Pacman and Money is that Pacquiao is willing to take risks in the ring while Mayweather is not.

“Manny’s skills are really good. The thing is Manny will go for it. He’ll actually go for the knock-out. And sometimes when you go for it, you put yourself in harm’s way to be hit. Like when he walked into a shot against Marquez,” he said.

"Manny is going to fight the PERFECT fight to win the fight."

"Manny has speed and power...he's very amazing...people don't realize how fast he is when he gets in the ring and...Floyd's going to be surprised..."

"I think Manny can knock him out..."

"We're going to win EVERY round..."

"..working this gameplan for 5 years..."

"...it's easy to nullify..."

"...when he sets that trap we know how to handle it..."

"...his legs are a little bit shot..."

"...he can't move like he used to..."

"...Mayweather gets knocked out..."

Ask Bob Arum:

Ask USA Today:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/05/mann...-good-very-bad

Originally posted by USA Today

That terrible fight was Manny Pacquiao's fault, not Floyd Mayweather's

Mayweather’s fight was excellent. It was, and if you dispute that, you didn’t bother watching his 47 fights prior. He boxes, he doesn’t fight. This affair was never going to feature a scene from Rocky. Mayweather danced for 12 rounds, carefully picking punches, strategically denying Pacquiao momentum.

Similarly, no one can dispute that Pacquiao threw just 429 punches in the fight, landing 81. That’s approximately half the number he typically throws. Pacquiao plays for knockouts, and it was clear from the beginning that he had no intention of even attempting to bring Mayweather down.

Spectators expecting a fight on Saturday night have Pacquiao, and only Pacquiao, to blame for the mundane spectacle they witnessed. Mayweather executed his plan to perfection, and Pacquiao was happy to oblige. At the end of the night, Pacquiao tried to convince himself that he not only was competitive but also winning the fight, a fallacy Max Kellerman quickly put to sleep. PacMan was there for the money. He got paid to do exactly what he did.
        Or ask Max Kellerman:

Hell, ask Manny himself.

2015:
        http://www.latimes.com/sports/boxing...424-story.html

Originally posted by LA Times
        Manny Pacquiao promises Freddie Roach a knockout of Floyd Mayweather

"Manny says, 'You'll win that next year, because I'm going to knock Mayweather out,'" Roach said.
        Manny: "God will deliver him into my hands"

I don't like to use this term, but GTFO with this "Floyd didn't engage" BS. That's not how he fights and you know it. You just expected something unrealistic instead of blaming Manny for not showing the hell up. And now, he's fresh off once again not showing up against a school teacher.

Comment

You guys need to stop acting like floyd " embarassed" manny. He didnt, he just won a boring decision by staying out the outside and throwing jabs. It was the biggest hyped fight in the last 20 years and floyd literally did not press the action a single time for the fans. He chose to just fight a boring super safe decision and point fight.
          These gifs show why it was a masterclass

Pedquiao gets reckless and keeps on getting caught with clean punches, while all he does is miss. TBE put on a boxing clinic, it was a masterclass.
          Last edited by mcdonalds; 03-10-2018, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
            "jab" huh...
            what round is that? Your gif is too small for me to tell sir

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
              what round is that? Your gif is too small for me to tell sir

Was trying to make it avi and gave up, sorry. Last minute of Round 9.

EDIT: Here's the full sequence that I just feel is straight up brilliance from Floyd Mayweather.

Last edited by Combat Talk Radio; 03-10-2018, 03:21 PM.

Comment

You guys need to stop acting like floyd " embarassed" manny. He didnt, he just won a boring decision by staying out the outside and throwing jabs. It was the biggest hyped fight in the last 20 years and floyd literally did not press the action a single time for the fans. He chose to just fight a boring super safe decision and point fight.
                Floyd sr even was yelling "you scared!!!"

Comment

There are many ways to embarrass someone, what Floyd did to Manny was like, hey tough guy that throws a 1000 punches you cannot do a fkn thing against me.

That's the thing, he shut Manny down to hot air and that's not an easy thing to do, Floyd is a highly skilled boxer, Manny is a aggressive fighter that the gifted boxer completely bedazzled befuddled and left him with only lame excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
                    These gifs show why it was a masterclass

Pedquiao gets reckless and keeps on getting caught with clean punches, while all he does is miss. TBE put on a boxing clinic, it was a masterclass.
                    Gifs of floyd potshotting with single punches. Lol, you are acting like i care that manny lost or something. I dont, floyd won fair and and square. Fight massively dissapointed though, floyd doesnt give 2 ****s about the fans. He knew the fight was massively hyped and didnt even try to entertain.

There were times he could have really taken it to manny and actually hurt him, he chose to fight overly careful and do the least he possibly could to secure a win. Fight was hyped for like 5 years and thats all floyd gave the fans.
                    Last edited by RussB23; 03-10-2018, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                      There are many ways to embarrass someone, what Floyd did to Manny was like, hey tough guy that throws a 1000 punches you cannot do a fkn thing against me.

That's the thing, he shut Manny down to hot air and that's not an easy thing to do, Floyd is a highly skilled boxer, Manny is a aggressive fighter that the gifted boxer completely bedazzled befuddled and left him with only lame excuses.
                      I know he shut manny down. I dont care, im just saying he could have atleast tried the entertain the fans.

Comment

Working...
                      X