why do people support boring fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They happen to be the right skin colour and/or nationality for them

Look at John Ruiz, nobody ever liked the boring ****

but if he had been a black dude from philly, he still would have a lot of fans defending his ¨slick brotha¨ style

Comment

I enjoy watching excellence, if a guy can make a boxing match boring generally speaking they are doing something right.

I enjoy all aspects of boxing, and watching one guy totally get his style taken apart even if done in the dirtiest grimiest way is interesting.

Some fights are more fun (or a lot more fun) than others but a high level respect for winning and guys doing their best to win allows me to enjoy many different ways a fight can play out.

Comment

makes me laugh some of you lot 'we all have different tastes, one mans boring is another mans exciting'. its really not that subjective at alll, if you look at all the past fights of the year, fights that were considered great fights, they are hagler v hearns, morales v barrera, corrales v castillo. involving drama, combos and action. Dont give me a load of bull**** about how you like negative fighters with no power who refuse to engage.
        And can someone answer me this, why do you only seem to be fans of fighters of fighters with negative styles who are elite level. I didnt see many chad dawson fans when he lost, i didnt see many devon alexander fans in here once he lost. Whereas B level fighters who are limited but provide crowd friendly styles are still supported. So you obviously dont actually like the style, you just like the negative fighters who win and give you something to brag about.

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
          They happen to be the right skin colour and/or nationality for them

Look at John Ruiz, nobody ever liked the boring ****

but if he had been a black dude from philly, he still would have a lot of fans defending his ¨slick brotha¨ style
          its exactly right, its a load of crap that these people actually enjoy watching safety first fighers and im surprised more people cant see through it. but 'sweet science doe' yeah its sweet science when they are winning, when they lose they soon get bored of watching that sweet science.

Comment

My brothers tell me I'm boring.
            But they still love me.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
              makes me laugh some of you lot 'we all have different tastes, one mans boring is another mans exciting'. its really not that subjective at alll, if you look at all the past fights of the year, fights that were considered great fights, they are hagler v hearns, morales v barrera, corrales v castillo. involving drama, combos and action. Dont give me a load of bull**** about how you like negative fighters with no power who refuse to engage.
              And can someone answer me this, why do you only seem to be fans of fighters of fighters with negative styles who are elite level. I didnt see many chad dawson fans when he lost, i didnt see many devon alexander fans in here once he lost. Whereas B level fighters who are limited but provide crowd friendly styles are still supported. So you obviously dont actually like the style, you just like the negative fighters who win and give you something to brag about.
              its exactly right, its a load of crap that these people actually enjoy watching safety first fighers and im surprised more people cant see through it. but 'sweet science doe' yeah its sweet science when they are winning, when they lose they soon get bored of watching that sweet science.
              all of what you are saying is based on your opinion you need to stop group everybody into a single group based on a few guys.

to me it like your are trying to convents yourself that everybody can't like different thing

Comment

Boring is subjective.

You may as well have asked "why don't boxing fans ONLY like the same fighters that I like?"

Comment

most of the guys you just listed don't have nothing to draw me to them

Guillermo Rigondeaux is a "boring: fighter but i watch him because something draws him to me

never liked to watch his fight Antonio Margarito because it did nothing for me other then his big fight I did not watch him

like I said before I like what I want and you like what you wont it that simple stop trying to turn everything in to a conspiracy based on a few guy opinions

Comment

What exactly is a boring fighter? Do you consider Canelo or GGG boring fighters? I was bored out of my mind for Canelo's last fight. I get bored watching some of GGGs fights because it gets boring watching him KO bums. Fighters who have limited skills are more likely to slug it out because that's there only chance, but put them in with an elite skillful fighter and he would get boxed off all night. Lets be real, all the so called action fighters will not be fighting that same way later in their careers.

Comment

Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
                      Boring is subjective.

You may as well have asked "why don't boxing fans ONLY like the same fighters that I like?"
                      boring is boring. if a fighter has no power to hurt an opponent, is unwilling to trade, fights negatively, clinches a lot- that is boring.

Comment

Working...
                      X