No announcement yet.

Havent had a chance to watch the fight, did Atlas have a good affect on Timmeh

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
    Exactly! I wish I could join his crew on the weekends for carne asada, chile verde, and pastor tacos!

Robert needs to eat that delicious food in secret, not invite his boxers to a feast every weekend!

Any Dios Mio!

Wish I was in Mexico eating the best food in the world!

you had me crying laughing at work with this post

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      I caught the highlights....Rios isn't a great fighter and was made to order but was Timmy more disciplined in this fight?
      Combo of both, Rios looked like crap he was like an overweight grandpa, his arms were in quick sand he could barely muster up any punches he cut the ring off great but couldn't pull the trigger.

We will not really know how well Tim is unless he fights a guy who has decent speed and boxers instead of walk forward without really throwing much.

He did look to try different things, and obeyed Atlas when it came to sneaking punches in, this is why Bradley was able to hurt Rios a few times because Atlas told him in camp knocking guys out is about catching them off guard or least expecting it.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
        Combo of both, Rios looked like crap he was like an overweight grandpa, his arms were in quick sand he could barely muster up any punches he cut the ring off great but couldn't pull the trigger.

We will not really know how well Tim is unless he fights a guy who has decent speed and boxers instead of walk forward without really throwing much.

He did look to try different things, and obeyed Atlas when it came to sneaking punches in, this is why Bradley was able to hurt Rios a few times because Atlas told him in camp knocking guys out is about catching them off guard or least expecting it.
        This is how Tyson got a lot of his knockouts up until his jail stint....people talk about power, but his speed, defense and angles set up a lot of blind shots his opponents didn't see

Comment

Way too early to say as Rios was a dead man and offered no resistance to Tim. Had that been Bradley/Provodnikov, who knows if Atlas would've been able to keep Tim's focus to box and not brawl.

Comment

This is how Tyson got a lot of his knockouts up until his jail stint....people talk about power, but his speed, defense and angles set up a lot of blind shots his opponents didn't see
            Exactly, Tyson wasnt a monster puncher, his KO came from speed, and catching guys off guard with all his power into his shot, this is what Bradley was using and it works, he was hurting Rios who has an Iron chin by stepping to the side and throwing a loaded shot with all his might into it and getting out and unleashing again, catching Rios off guard and making him smile as to say you got me good there. Bradley might be getting some more knock outs in the future now that he has a guy who knows how to train short muscular stocky guys and get them to deliver blows at the right time.

Once tysons speed left so did his power, he couldnt even scare off the last two scrubs he fought, they took his best shots and came forward, because Tyson speed was going he could no longer throw those spinning hooks from his hips anymore which gave him the speed to create force to hurt

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
              Exactly, Tyson wasnt a monster puncher, his KO came from speed, and catching guys off guard with all his power into his shot, this is what Bradley was using and it works, he was hurting Rios who has an Iron chin by stepping to the side and throwing a loaded shot with all his might into it and getting out and unleashing again, catching Rios off guard and making him smile as to say you got me good there. Bradley might be getting some more knock outs in the future now that he has a guy who knows how to train short muscular stocky guys and get them to deliver blows at the right time.

Once tysons speed left so did his power, he couldnt even scare off the last two scrubs he fought, they took his best shots and came forward, because Tyson speed was going he could no longer throw those spinning hooks from his hips anymore which gave him the speed to create force to hurt
              Great post

Old Tyson was arm punching and not getting that full torque he did in the early 90s and late 80s....the way he dipped and slipped and would use that position to throw a hook or uppercut gave him that power...that lack of head movement in his late career affected his fighting off a pivot

Comment

I gotta ask, why would you rather start a thread about a fight you haven't watched instead just watching the fight right now? trader's block > nsb.

Timmy boxed well. There was a fireman speech because Teddy can't help himself. Rios looked shot or at least completely untrained. The most interesting thing of the night was Loma's performance, he was so in control of the ring, he became the fighter and the referee at one point and actually called timeout...now that's impressive.

Comment

Rios outweighed Bradley by 15 pounds and still got wrecked. Bradley was composed and fought a very smart fight, listening to everything that Atlas told him to do.

There were a few times when Bradley got caught with punches but he waited and recomposed himself without blinding attacking back like he does sometimes.

Rios being "shot" or not, there was a very noticeable difference in Bradley's performance, he looked to be in a completely different league than Rios.

Comment

Though some have tried to be dismissive of Teddy's role, it was clear that Bradley's footwork and power had greatly improved, and his punches have a much tighter radius. No more locking his feet in place and twisting the night away with swirling combos. Was really noticeable to me because I've been waiting for him to do these very things for years now. Thethings he was doing wrong (lingering in-range after throwing) were things Atlas was telling him not to do. People can try to say Rios was weak but that has nothing to do with thechangeswe saw in Tim's style. That's all Teddy Atlas.

Comment

you had me crying laughing at work with this post
                      Glad to hear it! But you have seen them putting on big spreads, etc.
                      Rios spent too much time eating & being on ESnews clowning!

Bradley made him look like a Jack axx
                      Last edited by Zaroku; 11-09-2015, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X