Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Bernard Hopkins have had a successful career without illegal tactics?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    If Bernard Hopkins was Bernhard Hopkinochenko and had the same career, Tunney would be his #1 fan.
    Amen to that. Then he would also be saying that Hopkinchenko isn't appreciated by the US audiences, that it's just jealousy and trying to keep the white man down. His usual spiel.

Basically, him and Wlad share many fouling traits. In fact, I'd say that Wlad has cheated in more of his fights lately than Hopkins. Hopkins at least hides his skilfully in his offense and defense. Wlad just blatantly cheats and gets away with it without even trying to hide it. The ref helps there though.

Go watch the Povetkin fight, then go watch the Pavlik or Pascal fight and tell me which has more clinching, grabbing, fouling and general referee intervention and hometown favouritism....

Comment

Pretty much every boxer in the history of the sport utilises/has utilised illegal tactics of some sort.

People only cry about it when it's someone they dislike.

Comment

Pascal said Hopkins is on PEDs. Considering his age, I don't know if I can argue.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
          Amen to that. Then he would also be saying that Hopkinchenko isn't appreciated by the US audiences, that it's just jealousy and trying to keep the white man down. His usual spiel.

Basically, him and Wlad share many fouling traits. In fact, I'd say that Wlad has cheated in more of his fights lately than Hopkins. Hopkins at least hides his skilfully in his offense and defense. Wlad just blatantly cheats and gets away with it without even trying to hide it. The ref helps there though.

Go watch the Povetkin fight, then go watch the Pavlik or Pascal fight and tell me which has more clinching, grabbing, fouling and general referee intervention and hometown favouritism....
          tunney criticizes holding based on the amount of melanin the holder has.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            tunney criticizes holding based on the amount of melanin the holder has.
            No, I've said many times I didn't like Wladimir's holding in the Povetkin fight.

See this thread: http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=649465

"Will the ref in Germany be fair to Pulev or will Wlad be allowed to constantly hold?"

That being said, deliberate head butting is WORSE than holding/clinching, because boxers have been permanently injured by head butts (for example the Benn-McLellan fight)

Comment

Originally posted by Heavyfist View Post
              Pascal said Hopkins is on PEDs. Considering his age, I don't know if I can argue.
              Probably, but there's no way to prove it because he won't take PED tests.

Comment

B-hop is making history with his age but not only that, he also is a legend n made history with the worst fight ever vs Chad Dawson 2, he had so much anger at Dawson that he couldnt take him out his plan lol, he tackle him, head butt, elbows, low blows, very embarassing fight i lost a lot of respect to B-hop that fight, will see how he does vs Kovalev

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
                  B-hop is making history with his age but not only that, he also is a legend n made history with the worst fight ever vs Chad Dawson 2, he had so much anger at Dawson that he couldnt take him out his plan lol, he tackle him, head butt, elbows, low blows, very embarassing fight i lost a lot of respect to B-hop that fight, will see how he does vs Kovalev

Not even, have you seen his fights VS Calzaghe, Roy Jones (II) and Winky Wright? Those make the Dawson rematch look entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                    Not even, have you seen his fights VS Calzaghe, Roy Jones (II) and Winky Wright? Those make the Dawson rematch look entertaining.

vs RJJR was a very very bad fight, but vs Dawson it was ugly n full of fouls, so blatant what he did or what he try to do, for that i cant put him in a list of ATG, it was shame to be a boxing fan that night

Comment

The ref was allowing him to blatantly head butt Dawson.

B-Hop should have been disqualified.

vs RJJR was a very very bad fight, but vs Dawson it was ugly n full of fouls, so blatant what he did or what he try to do, for that i cant put him in a list of ATG, it was shame to be a boxing fan that night

"I took a lot of headbutts. Like I said though, he's a dirty fighter. It's what we worked for, we knew he was going to headbutt. He hit me with like eight headbutts. I kept my composure, but it was obvious that he was doing it on purpose."

- Chad Dawson in the post-fight interview

Comment

Working...
                      X