Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 foot 6 Aquille Carr is the sickest Point Guard I have ever seen at the HS level.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
    Height or not. Shabazz Muhammed is the best player in his entire high school class.

Height or not he will most likely go Number 1. 3 at the worst.
    From looking at his video it's "because" of his height though. He doesn't handle the ball, pass or shoot as good as Carr. So height is the definite reason why he's ranked where he's at. If Shabazz was 5"6, do you really believe he would be the #1 player in the nation lol?

Very seldom do you find someone that's 6'6 that can handle the ball. College's drewl over stuff like that. You show your face in a few AAU tourny's, get on a winning team, have a good attitude (be coachable) and do well in school and the world is yours. It's as simple as that.

How do I know how this works?

I was Chris Wilcox's point guard in high school. I went head to head against Jay Williams (Duke), John Celestand (Lakers), Chris Duhon (Bulls), Shavlik Randolph (NBA), Lloyd Price (Xavier standout) and many other ACC and Big East stars. I know how this process works.

The only guy who was hands down better than everyone he played against was Jay Williams from Duke and Chris Wilcox. Duhon was average at best but because he could knock down the open jumper, was on a winning team and had the height and grades to complement his style, he went to Duke and the league. It's all about timing, politics and you guessed it..... size. Simple as that.

It only took me a minute to realize who's better (skill wise) between Charr and Shabazz. I'd have to see how he does on the next level to see if he's another Kwame Brown, someone who dominated in high school but doesn't belong in the NBA, or another Garnett. It just depends.

But to me, the only thing that clearly separates the two (Shabazz and Charr) are not the skill set between the two, but the size. That's it. In fact, I thought it was pretty clear.
    Last edited by BoxingGenius27; 08-31-2012, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Shabazz Muhammed, 6-6, 205, Number 1 HS player in class 2012. Catch him at UCLA this season. A consensus Top 3 pick in the 2013 NBA Draft.

Thanks. He's probably just another Tyreke Evans. #Not impressed.
      Last edited by Carpe Diem; 08-31-2012, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
        From looking at his video it's "because" of his height though. He doesn't handle the ball, pass or shoot as good as Carr. So height is the definite reason why he's ranked where he's at. If Shabazz was 5"6, do you really believe he would be the #1 player in the nation lol?

Very seldom do you find someone that's 6'6 that can handle the ball. College's drewl over stuff like that. You show your face in a few AAU tourny's, get on a winning team, have a good attitude (be coachable) and do well in school and the world is yours. It's as simple as that.

How do I know how this works?

I was Chris Wilcox's point guard in high school. I went head to head against Jay Williams (Duke), John Celestand (Lakers), Chris Duhon (Bulls), Shavlik Randolph (NBA), Lloyd Price (Xavier standout) and many other ACC and Big East stars. I know how this process works.

The only guy who was hands down better than everyone he played against was Jay Williams from Duke and Chris Wilcox. Duhon was average at best but because he could knock down the open jumper, was on a winning team and had the height and grades to complement his style, he went to Duke and the league. It's all about timing, politics and you guessed it..... size. Simple as that.

It only took me a minute to realize who's better (skill wize) between Charr and Shabazz. I'd have to see how he does on the next level to see if he's another Kwame Brown, someone who dominated in high school but doesn't belong in the NBA, or another Garnett. It just depends.

But to me, the only thing that clearly separates the two (Shabazz and Charr) are not the skill set between the two, but the size. That's it. In fact, I thought it was pretty clear.
        If LeBron was 5-6 would he be the best player in the NBA? Its pointles the kid is 6-6 he cant help it. To completely dismiss his talent because of his height is silly.

Skillwise? To me that means more than offense. Muhammed plays D, rebounds, blocks shots, is extremely hard to stay in front of, very strong at the rim. Has a nice J. He defends the teams best player EVERY night no matter what position. He has a better shot selection too.

There are ALOT of things that Carr does better than Shabazz but theres more that Shabazz can do that Carr cant do.

I like him. I think Austin Rivers is the next Kobe more so than Shabazz but Bazz can ball.

One thing about Duhon that you left out is that he is a damn good defensive player. Which is why hes in the league now to this day.

Comment

If LeBron was 5-6 would he be the best player in the NBA? Its pointles the kid is 6-6 he cant help it. To completely dismiss his talent because of his height is silly.

Skillwise? To me that means more than offense. Muhammed plays D, rebounds, blocks shots, is extremely hard to stay in front of, very strong at the rim. Has a nice J. He defends the teams best player EVERY night no matter what position. He has a better shot selection too.

There are ALOT of things that Carr does better than Shabazz but theres more that Shabazz can do that Carr cant do.

I like him. I think Austin Rivers is the next Kobe more so than Shabazz but Bazz can ball.

One thing about Duhon that you left out is that he is a damn good defensive player. Which is why hes in the league now to this day.
          I'd have to see Shabazz in an actual game, not just highlight tape. You're talking about D, but I think Charr had more blocks in his highlight tape than Shabazz. Sure, Charr is a liability on defense because of his size, but we're talking about skill set. Anything that Shabazz does better than Carr is because of height, not skills.

And to answer your question, if Lebron was 5'6 NO he wouldn't be the best player in the NBA. He's able to do a lot of the things he does in the NBA because of his size. Lebron was the worse comparison you could make. Lebron is where he's at because of his physical attributes. You couple that with his ability to handle the ball and pass and you have a superstar. But it all starts with size, weight and physical strenghth. He's a physical science experiment.

Oh yeah, and Duhon was an average to good defender. Jay Williams was a much better defender. How do I know? Because I played against both in street ball and regulated basketball games. He was average to good at best. Defense is not his reason for still being in the league. He's in the league because he can run an offense, he's smart, can knock down the open jumper and has good size at 6'2/6'3 for a PG in the NBA. That's it.

Like I said, Shabazz has size. If you look at his highlight tape, all of his dunks are uncontested where people just moved out the way lol His jumpers are wide open jump shots. Who can't knock down a wide open jump shot? I didn't see anywhere where he created his own shot to knock down the shot. He has a little left handed hook shot that's descent.

If you ask me this guy is overrated based off the litte highlight tape I watched. There's nothing about him that says "height or not" he's #1 player in the nation and NBA lottery pick.

I've seen guys like him in open gym on Sunday's lol But those guys didn't have the grades or politics to make it. Now I'll tell you what I DON't see in open gym on Sunday's: Aquille Carr.
          Last edited by BoxingGenius27; 08-31-2012, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
            I'd have to see Shabazz in an actual game, not just highlight tape. You're talking about D, but I think Charr had more blocks in his highlight tape than Shabazz. Sure, Charr is a liability on defense because of his size, but we're talking about skill set. Anything that Shabazz does better than Carr is because of height, not skills.

And to answer your question, if Lebron was 5'6 NO he wouldn't be the best player in the NBA. He's able to do a lot of the things he does in the NBA because of his size. Lebron was the worse comparison you could make. Lebron is where he's at because of his physical attribute. You couple that with his ability to handle the ball and pass and you have a superstar. But it all starts with size.

Oh yeah, and Duhon was an average to good defender. Jay Williams was a much better defender. How do I know? Because I played against both in street ball and regulated basketball games. He was average to good at best. Defense is not his reason for still being in the league. He's in the league because he can run an offense, he's smart, can knock down the open jumper and has good size at 6'2/6'3 for a PG in the NBA. That's it.

Like I said, Shabazz has size. If you look at his highlight tape, all of his dunks are uncontested where people just moved out the way lol His jumpers are wide open jump shots. Who can't knock down a wide open jump shot? I didn't see anywhere where he created his own shot to knock down the shot. He has a little left handed hook shot that's descent.

If you ask me this guy is overrated based off the litte highlight tape I watched. There's nothing about him that says "height or not" he's #1 player in the nation and NBA lottery pick.

I've seen guys like him in open gym on Sunday's lol But those guys didn't have the grades or politics to make it. Now I'll tell you what I DON't see in open gym on Sunday's: Aquille Carr.
            I like talking basketball with you bro you know your shyt so Ill give this a proper response when I can but I got the let the wife use the laptop and Im about to watch the rest of this MSU-Boise game.

Comment

I like talking basketball with you bro you know your shyt so Ill give this a proper response when I can but I got the let the wife use the laptop and Im about to watch the rest of this MSU-Boise game.
              Cool bruh.

Comment

At the end of the day the best high school player on the face of the earth is Andrew Wiggins. Kid might be the most talented HS player since Lebron. Canada has got themselves a beast.

Comment

Originally posted by lebrick View Post
                  the kid is still taller than him..
                  Originally posted by kadyo View Post
                  akala ko magkasing tangkad lang sila?
                  Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
                  Theres always the PBA, bro.

red sent.

Comment

Working...
                  X