Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you believe in Christianity but not the Old Testament???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The New Testament is the fullfillment of the Old Testament. Its really isnt feasible to believe in one without the other, if you do then you probably dont fully understand the New Testament. Basically the Old is a shadow of the New.

Comment

It's called 'Picking and Choosing' all people of all religions do it.

If in doubt, just rule it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
        The New Testament is the fullfillment of the Old Testament. Its really isnt feasible to believe in one without the other, if you do then you probably dont fully understand the New Testament. Basically the Old is a shadow of the New.
        One can't believe God separated light from dark on the first day, created plant life on the third day and didn't make the sun before the fourth day.

Even God is smart enough to understand that plants need sunlight to survive due to the magnificent creation of the photosynthesis.

If that is the first passage in the book, how can one seriously believe the rest?

Comment

Originally posted by tyson View Post
          One can't believe God separated light from dark on the first day, created plant life on the third day and didn't make the sun before the fourth day.

Even God is smart enough to understand that plants need sunlight to survive due to the magnificent creation of the photosynthesis.

If that is the first passage in the book, how can one seriously believe the rest?
          If youre an atheist Im not trying to convince you of anything.

Comment

If he separated light from dark on the first day then photosynthesis would have already began, I guess.

The sun on the 4th could only mean 'our' sun, but on the first he created light thus other stars.

I'm sure a God wouldn't need light to make a plant grow anyway since 'he is light'.

Comment

If youre an atheist Im not trying to convince you of anything.
              I'm not an atheist. I merely believe the message from the religious books are severely distorted, proven by outrageous lies like that.
              Originally posted by RelliK View Post
              If he separated light from dark on the first day then photosynthesis would have already began, I guess.

The sun on the 4th could only mean 'our' sun, but on the first he created light thus other stars.

I'm sure a God wouldn't need light to make a plant grow anyway since 'he is light'.
              Genesis 1

1 First God made heaven & earth 2 The earth was without form and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep; and the Spirit of God was moving over the face of the waters. 3 And God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light. 4 And God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day. 6 And God said, "Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters." 7 And God made the firmament and separated the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament. And it was so. 8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And there was evening and there was morning, a second day. 9 And God said, "Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together into one place, and let the dry land appear." And it was so. 10 God called the dry land Earth, and the waters that were gathered together he called Seas. And God saw that it was good. 11 And God said, "Let the earth put forth vegetation, plants yielding seed, and fruit trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind, upon the earth." And it was so. 12 The earth brought forth vegetation, plants yielding seed according to their own kinds, and trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening and there was morning, a third day. 14 And God said, "Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to separate the day from the night; and let them be for signs and for seasons and for days and years, 15 and let them be lights in the firmament of the heavens to give light upon the earth." And it was so. 16 And God made the two great lights, the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night; he made the stars also

I highlighted the interesting parts.

The photosynthesis is based on our Sun. There was no light from the Sun, there was no light from other stars, as highlighted above.
              Therefore the conclusion is that "God is light"?

Comment

Men who are considered wise have faulted in trying to understand GOD by natural ways, you cant. GOD can and does speak things into existence, if youre trying to use reason or knowledge based on what you have learned through your senses you will fail many times. He spoke and there was light and darkness, explain how can that happen scientifically, it cant be explained scientifically.

Comment

I'm not an atheist. I merely believe the message from the religious books are severely distorted, proven by outrageous lies like that.

Genesis 1

1 First God made heaven & earth 2 The earth was without form and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep; and the Spirit of God was moving over the face of the waters. 3 And God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light. 4 And God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day. 6 And God said, "Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters." 7 And God made the firmament and separated the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament. And it was so. 8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And there was evening and there was morning, a second day. 9 And God said, "Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together into one place, and let the dry land appear." And it was so. 10 God called the dry land Earth, and the waters that were gathered together he called Seas. And God saw that it was good. 11 And God said, "Let the earth put forth vegetation, plants yielding seed, and fruit trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind, upon the earth." And it was so. 12 The earth brought forth vegetation, plants yielding seed according to their own kinds, and trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening and there was morning, a third day. 14 And God said, "Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to separate the day from the night; and let them be for signs and for seasons and for days and years, 15 and let them be lights in the firmament of the heavens to give light upon the earth." And it was so. 16 And God made the two great lights, the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night; he made the stars also

I highlighted the interesting parts.

The photosynthesis is based on our Sun. There was no light from the Sun, there was no light from other stars, as highlighted above.
                  Therefore the conclusion is that "God is light"?
                  I'm just saying if it can make the universe and everything in it i'm sure he could pull off making plants without the need of photosynthesis.

Maybe he came around the next day and said WTF maybe I should make a way for them to grow on their own.

I don't believe the Bible but anything is a possibility when it comes to a 'God'.

Comment

I see no contradiction in what you highlighted.

Comment

Men who are considered wise have faulted in trying to understand GOD by natural ways, you cant. GOD can and does speak things into existence, if youre trying to use reason or knowledge based on what you have learned through your senses you will fail many times. He spoke and there was light and darkness, explain how can that happen scientifically, it cant be explained scientifically.
                      True and I think you can use reasoning to see ways that it is possible.
                      I'm 50/50 on most of it.
                      Like why make other planets that we will never be able to reach?
                      Just so that we have something to look and wonder about ?

Comment

Working...
                      X