No announcement yet.

The Contender Muay Thai will be shown on channel Versus on 7/31/08

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MASGAGOMEXI View Post
    Funny, I'm the opposite of you. Boxing came easy to me, Muay Thai or any art that involves kicking is hard for me and I also have some difficulty with the ground game.

Ground fighting sucks! I never realized how many submission holds there are and how easy it is to trap someone or get trapped. I thought guys were just resting on top of one another before, but they make subtle little moves to get those damn arm bars, chokes, ankle locks and what not. Its definetly the weakest part of my game.

But my passion goes in this order #1 Muay Thai #2 boxing #3 I hate wrestling or any grappling art(I respect it, but I just can't ever get used to having another dude on top of me for long periods)
    Lol, I hear ya on that!

Comment

the champ was playing around the white dude in the finals. i think he was taking it easy against him.

Comment

Originally posted by bhonn View Post
        well he's still one of the best here in thailand... even though he's a she.
        and also he had a movie title A BEAUTIFUL BOXER try to watch it..
        I remember seeing something about him/her when I went back for a visit in 2004.
        Thai used to be my get away spot (Phuket-Bang Niang Beach near Khao Lak to be exact- for diving in the Similans) because it was so cheap in the late 90's early 00's.

Heard prices have risen since those days.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
          When I lived in asia, a shemale was one of their best. I **** you not.
          ****er was like 50-3.
          Originally posted by flipside View Post
          the champ was playing around the white dude in the finals. i think he was taking it easy against him.
          what do you mean by white dudes? hes a legend in muay thai hes John Wyane Parr... hes old though...

Comment

This brings a smile to my face.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan-O-Mac View Post
              I would have loved to watch this but my cable company doesn't provide Versus.
              I think it takes some adjusting to if you have always been an avid boxing fan. I've always had an open mind about combat sports, and once I started training in it it was easy to appreciate. Some people just can't accept it, and thats fine. To each his own. Now if you want to start with the politics of the UFC or other organizations.......don't get me started!!

Comment

I remember seeing something about him/her when I went back for a visit in 2004.
                Thai used to be my get away spot (Phuket-Bang Niang Beach near Khao Lak to be exact- for diving in the Similans) because it was so cheap in the late 90's early 00's.

Heard prices have risen since those days.
                nice place man but theres still a lot of places you can visit here in thailand... and i like there foods also... ive been stayin here for a while now but never been in phuket... ive been in krabi opposite to phuket where james bond and leonardo do their shootings... the beach is good

Comment

Originally posted by bhonn View Post
                  nice place man but theres still a lot of places you can visit here in thailand... and i like there foods also... ive been stayin here for a while now but never been in phuket... ive been in krabi opposite to phuket where james bond and leonardo do their shootings... the beach is good
                  Oh I been around Thailand but when I lived in Seoul and Tokyo, you wanted to go to quieter places so I was looking for some peace.

I could take Bangkok for about 5 days, then I had to get the hell out...ha ha ha.

Loved Muay thai shows. Those freaks were conditioned as hell.
                  Never saw that many ko's though. A lot of knees, a helluva lot of knees.

Comment

Hey Scott, where'd ya go? Lumpini? or Ratcha in bANGKOK?

What'd you think of all the betting that goes on. I like to describe it as a scene from the Deer Hunter when they are playing russian roulette.

At the tail end of Muay thai shows, they would show boxing matches sometimes but most of the fans would have cleared out cuz there was no betting action.

That's how Somsak and some of those guys got to be 56-3. Put him in at the end of a muay thai show and fight some bum so that maybe a few people would stay..

I was in Chiang Mai last month. I thought I would be the only white guy there, but the opposite was true. All the Thais who were there were off to one side gambling. During the rounds they had this guy play this weird sounding horn that gave me a screaming headache. One thing about Thailand, the beer goes down like Evian water there.
                    Last edited by Scott9945; 07-21-2008, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Oh I been around Thailand but when I lived in Seoul and Tokyo, you wanted to go to quieter places so I was looking for some peace.

I could take Bangkok for about 5 days, then I had to get the hell out...ha ha ha.

Loved Muay thai shows. Those freaks were conditioned as hell.
                      Never saw that many ko's though. A lot of knees, a helluva lot of knees.
                      ive always watch muay thai here in regular TV shows but there was once i watch it in Lumphini but they overprice the entrance fee cause im a foriegner lelz

Comment

Working...
                      X