No announcement yet.

FDA approved a new cancer drug

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    Fatigue, diarrhea, and nausea are like the 3 musketeers of drug side effects. I see them in any drug label lol.
    Not being able to get an erection is usually the 4th bastard musketeer of drug side effects.

Comment

I always figured the guy who comes up with the cure for cancer suffers the same fate as the one who invents a car that runs on salt water--stuffed in an oil drum alongside Jimmy Hoffa.

Of course when big Pharma can charge five figures per month for said treatment, that likely wins you a Nobel Prize.

Comment

Seeing that cancer needs a acidic environment to survive, I've been expecting a alkaline based treatment to eventually materialize...

Just eating a diet that pushes your PH down the alkaline path can make a difference...

Big Pharma can't take away those fresh fruits and vegetables, but the genetically modified element might cause other issues ???

Comment

New drugs are amazing.

I had a serious health issue (not cancer, but something just as bad) that was gradually killing me and agreed to a clinical trial in Jan 2016, a four drug combination taken orally.

There were NO serious side effects and I was cured by May after 16 weeks.

The old treatment I had in 2012 (a combination of injected drugs and pills) had the worst imaginable side effects. I lost 50 pounds (all my muscle), looked like a concentration camp survivor after treatment, and I relapsed soon afterwards. Before the start of treatment, the doctor LIED and said I had an "85% chance" of being cured, but later through my own Internet searches I found he was lying, my chances were more like 15%-20%, all things considered. This doctor also lied after the treatment when I saw him in 2013 and said there were NO new treatments coming out, but I'd seen on the Internet people were already on clinical trials for the new drugs in 2012 in the US.

I found a different doctor, and the rest is history.
          Last edited by The Hammer; 06-12-2017, 09:08 PM.

Comment

The reason it's so expensive is because monoclonal antibodies are incredibly hard to produce, they have to be basically grown in the spleen of mice and then isolated from there, hybridised with the correct antibody and then cultured and harvested.

This isn't a new drug though, its been used in other countries for a while.

A famous aussie rules player here was diagnosed recently with stage 4 melanoma, which would have previously meant a 97% chance of being dead with in 5 years but after immunotherapy treatment, he's back player within 6 mths and is cancer free.

Also the cancer alkaline thing is a myth. For a start you cant change the Ph of your body, as its highly controlled just your urine Ph will change and cancer has been grown in an alkaline environment in labs.

The reason cancer has an acidic environment directly surrounding it is because they have high levels of anaerobic respiration and therefore produces acid but theres little evidence they grown any more or less in different ph settings that the human body can tolerate.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom . View Post
              New drugs are amazing.

I had a serious health issue (not cancer, but something just as bad) that was gradually killing me and agreed to a clinical trial in Jan 2016, a four drug combination taken orally.

There were NO serious side effects and I was cured by May after 16 weeks.

The old treatment I had in 2012 (a combination of injected drugs and pills) had the worst imaginable side effects. I lost 50 pounds (all my muscle), looked like a concentration camp survivor after treatment, and I relapsed soon afterwards. Before the start of treatment, the doctor LIED and said I had an "85% chance" of being cured, but late through my own internet searches I found he was lying, my chances were more like 15%-20%, all things considered. This doctor also lied after the treatment when I saw him in 2013 and said there were NO new treatments coming out, but I'd seen on the internet people were already on clinical trials for the new drugs in 2012 in the US.

I found a different doctor, and the rest is history.
              yea, I remember you once said in a thread (long ago) that you had a serious illness. ARe you fully recovered now bro?

Comment

Originally posted by led View Post
                yea, I remember you once said in a thread (long ago) that you had a serious illness. Are you fully recovered now bro?
                Yes, thanks to the new drug treatment I had early last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom . View Post
                  Yes, thanks to the new drug treatment I had early last year.
                  Good to hear that. Keep on kicking ass brother.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                    yowza that price tag

?
                    After Trump became president we got cancer cure

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
                      After Trump became president we got cancer cure
                      :rfl::rfl:

Comment

Working...
                      X