Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Heavyweight champions could KO Valuev?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Heavyweight champions could KO Valuev?

Valuev, who weighed in a 328lbs and 7 foot plus (not sure of exact height) against Monte Barrett.

Barrett shook him some in their first rounds, plus David Haye was able to rock him in the 12th round of their fight. Neither could KO him though. IYO which previous Heavyweight champions could KO him? Great champions or not. (or even hard hitting HW's of past, ie David Tua.)

IMO the Heavyweight champions under 200lbs (when if you were 175lb+ you were HW) wouldn't be able to KO him, ie Jack Dempsey, Gene Tunney, Rocky Marciano. I say the likes of George Foreman, Earnie Shavers, Mike Tyson could KO him IMO.

Valuev isn't great, so IMO if he fought a prime David Tua (circa 2000) Tua could KO him. Based upon Barrett and Haye hurting him, I reckon a Tua left hook flush to the chin would floor him. What are your opinions?

I think Foreman could do the trick better than anyone else. Any heavyweight with good power and a high workrate would have a chance. We never really saw anyone push Valuev to the limits in terms of stamina and I suspect he didn't have that much in the tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
      I think Foreman could do the trick better than anyone else. Any heavyweight with good power and a high workrate would have a chance. We never really saw anyone push Valuev to the limits in terms of stamina and I suspect he didn't have that much in the tank.
      that would mean foreman, tyson, frazier, louis ali on cuts, ruddock , lewis if motivated. That is one big man though. do not count out dempsey look all the damage he did to williard. That man was breaking peoples bones in his prime.

Comment

Foreman, Tyson, and either Klitschko. Louis too

Comment

Sullivan, Klitschko, and everyone in between. Valuev is a joke.

Comment

Why say that Marciano and Dempsey couldn't do it if Barrett managed to wobble him?

They definitely hit harder, and more often even.

Dempsey may be crude but he is a more skilled fighter than Valuev, who is patently awful and lucky he didn't meet up with a Klitschko.

Wlad would've dropped him so hard that his big ass would have left a hole in the center of the ring

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
              Why say that Marciano and Dempsey couldn't do it if Barrett managed to wobble him?

They definitely hit harder, and more often even.

Dempsey may be crude but he is a more skilled fighter than Valuev, who is patently awful and lucky he didn't meet up with a Klitschko.

Wlad would've dropped him so hard that his big ass would have left a hole in the center of the ring
              The Klitschko's really wanted this guy. The problem was always Don King trying to insinuate himself in the brothers future business.

Comment

A younger Holyfield could do it.

Lennox Lewis would be my first choice to get it done.

Comment

Greg Page, because he had the speed and power to do so.

Comment

Plenty of guys. The much smaller Haye had him hurt pretty badly. Foreman would bury him, not even a contest. Lewis another obvious choice. I'm not sure Tyson could reach his head

Comment

Working...
                    X