Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nosey People : How Do You Avoid Questions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nosey People : How Do You Avoid Questions?

Its sad but you can not go and buy a ****ing toaster these days without having to fill in a census form, Your name, your age, you date of birth, national insurance number, home address and contact telephone number and email.

Do not get me wrong but I am a very private individual who prefers to mind his own affairs, If its not putting any money in my pockets or any food on my table I could careless about someone elses circumstances, I dont think thats selfish, I think thats how society should be, As Adam Smith said "Individual ambition serves the common good!", Ie If everyone did his/her own best to take care of his/her own affairs society as a whole benefits instead of getting parasites.

I can not stand it when people do not know when to mind there own affairs, Questions about who someone votes for, How much they earn, There religion and ethnicity aswell as sexual preference or talking about someones disability is to me taboo. I would never ask questions relating to these areas but it bugs me no end when people think they are entitled to answers, You want to give a befitting reply but because of niceties you have to hold back and you cant pull the trigger.

I end up changing the topic, Giving vague answers, or just saying "I try to avoid topics that lead to people getting upset". How do you deal with it?
    Last edited by Hard Boiled; 07-01-2012, 06:38 AM.

mind your own ****ing business

Comment

Originally posted by Thor-Odinson View Post
      mind your own ****ing business
      Heh, I was looking for a more "diplomatic" solution.

Comment

Originally posted by Hard Boiled View Post
        Heh, I was looking for a more "diplomatic" solution.
        can you please mind your own fu•king business...

Comment

"look a monkey!"

Then I punch them in the twat. Works every time...

Comment

I try to avoid topics that lead to people getting upset.

Comment

Originally posted by Hard Boiled View Post
              Its sad but you can not go and buy a ****ing toaster these days without having to fill in a census form, Your name, your age, you date of birth, national insurance number, home address and contact telephone number and email.

Do not get me wrong but I am a very private individual who prefers to mind his own affairs, If its not putting any money in my pockets or any food on my table I could careless about someone elses circumstances, I dont think thats selfish, I think thats how society should be, As Adam Smith said "Individual ambition serves the common good!", Ie If everyone did his/her own best to take care of his/her own affairs society as a whole benefits instead of getting parasites.

I can not stand it when people do not know when to mind there own affairs, Questions about who someone votes for, How much they earn, There religion and ethnicity aswell as sexual preference or talking about someones disability is to me taboo. I would never ask questions relating to these areas but it bugs me no end when people think they are entitled to answers, You want to give a befitting reply but because of niceties you have to hold back and you cant pull the trigger.

I end up changing the topic, Giving vague answers, or just saying "I try to avoid topics that lead to people getting upset". How do you deal with it?
              Unless I know the person asking rather well, I try not to engage in those questions. Especially if I'm drunk as hell, it always leads to trouble and sometime fights... If it's a random person asking, I tell them that I'm not interested in sharing that information. Although I happen to come from a country where these things are not that taboo. The only thing that I really feel uncomfortable discussing is income. I don't care how much other people make, the only thing that matters is my own income and my girls.

Comment

Nosey people will stop bothering you when you don't tell em **** and are rude about about their stupid questions.

As in

Omg do you think he's gay or she's a lesbian?

I don't know, why don't you just go up and ask them to find out?

How much does he/she earns?

Don't know nor do I care. Go up to them and ask them.

What were you doing last Friday?

Breathing.

How much do you pay car insurance?

... Are you going to pay for it?

Why did you buy a toaster?

I want to toast things.

Keep responses simple. There's always a way around every question. Don't tell people personal information about others, the reason you know it in the first place is cause they trust you with such information.

Comment

Working...
                X