Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Drops, Stops Alexander Povetkin in Seventh

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AJ by KO, Rd 5-8 (counter uppercut starts it, hooks send Povetkin down)

I heard months ago this was being made after wilder priced himself out, but I suppose I expected aj to push harder for a real fight. I know he could've beaten wilder. Povetkin will get knocked out inside 8 rounds. I love Teddy Atlas and it hurts to say that. Povetkin has a fast cross but it's not as fast as Klitschkos, who AJ saw coming long enough to turn his head to the right pre-impact. My theory is, if he can do that against klitschko, therefore povetkin will not nail aj flush with a cross that aj sees. I don't expect him to give up the type of povetkin ko range real estate that could generate such a punch(a counter cross aj does not see is highly unlikely), and look for a counter uppercut on the inside followed by hooks to finish off povetkin.

Povetkin would have a better chance at beating Wilder, still a risky fight however. Should've went after Jarrell miller, he's ripe for the picking. Right now, that guy reminds me of Bowe right before Golata beat him the first time. Fury ought to give him a go for the comeback trail..
    Last edited by Warrior Scholar; 09-22-2018, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
      Man is that some online bs?
      It’s costly being a boxing fan, just pay for the stream and know it’ll be second to none in regards to quality.

It’s unfortunate but Povetkin and Ortiz are the two best outside of the belt holders, this isn’t a great fight but it’s one of the best we’re going to get until a unification.

Comment

unless Povetkin moves around as Herrera did against Garcia to avoid big power shots, then it won't go long. Joshua by 6 round knockout

Comment

WHo knows what Povetkin has left?

Comment

Anyone have a start time for the US?

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
              Anyone have a start time for the US?
              AJs ring walk is just before 10pm UK time if that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Abovetheclouds View Post
                AJs ring walk is just before 10pm UK time if that helps.
                Hmm just found a live clock tht says it starts in six hours. Does that sound right?

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
                  It’s costly being a boxing fan, just pay for the stream and know it’ll be second to none in regards to quality.

It’s unfortunate but Povetkin and Ortiz are the two best outside of the belt holders, this isn’t a great fight but it’s one of the best we’re going to get until a unification.
                  I have no objection to paying for the fight. I have a stron objection to watching a boxing fight on my phone or on my computer. In need the glory of my hd 65 incher and the sound system and subwoofer it’s attached to so I can relax on my couch with my buddies watching and feeling the fight.

Comment

Hmm just found a live clock tht says it starts in six hours. Does that sound right?
                    Yeah that sounds about right. 4PM now and I think the fight should begin at around 10:15

Comment

Yep it's 4pm here.

Comment

Working...
                      X