Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm still puzzled as to how Floyd managed to retire undefeated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the best ever, whether he cheated, paid off the ref, waited till people got old etc he still got in there. And he manage to keep his eyes on the prize.

Comment

Castillo and maidana beat him.

I put money on floyd by ud vs maidana in fight 1
      And I thought there was no way he won that fight.
      Draw at best for floyd

Yeah RAY, cheating doesnt matter
      Last edited by Jc8804; 11-18-2015, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Why is it I see the same dudes in EVERY Floyd thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
          He wasnt the best of his era for nothing
          That with the help of being in prolly the weakest era in boxing history. Plus very good calculated match making.

And don't foget the biggest help of all, PEDs.
          Last edited by boxinghead530; 11-18-2015, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DeandreXI View Post
            While Floyd is deliberate about who and when he fights, he also hasn’t fought many chumps. For a professional boxer, it takes mental fortitude, skill, and a mixture of timing and luck to excel in the ring.

Other than the fact he's ridiculously skilled, Floyd is a meticulous planner and a real cautious cat. His incredible defensive approach to every fight is what puts him above everyone else in this era. For a guy who's had a bulls eye target in his head for well more than a decade, you would at least think he'll have a few if not a couple of knock downs in his career, it still amazes me how not even ONE (1) came close to putting Floyd on his knees.
            Zab Judah knocked him down although it wasn't counted. He was hit from a punch and his glove touched the canvas. That's a knockdown.

Comment

Originally posted by Razcal26 View Post
              Why is it I see the same dudes in EVERY Floyd thread?
              These guys are pathological in their hatred of the man. It's like they have a mental disorder that makes them incapable of being reasonable when discussing Floyd's legacy.

Yeah, Floyd did fight some world champions who were past their best days but he did it while he was also past his best. He's fought some young world champions and people claim the guys didn't have enough experience despite having 40 plus professional fights.

Floyd kept his body in tip top condition throughout his entire career. The people who've seen him train say he trains harder than almost anybody in the sport. If the guy is willing to work the hardest there is no reason to question why he is at the pinnacle of the sport. He also never bought into his own hype. Whereas other c*cky world champions bought into their hype Floyd did not. He knew there was a target on his back and he took every precaution to make sure his hater's dreams did not come to fruition.

Comment

Firstly he has the talent of an ATG and on top of that he has THE best work ethic of any fighter I have seen and money didn't change that.

Secondly the first Castillo fight was very...very close, and could have been easily scored for Castillo, even with the bizarre judges scorecards. I think even in the rematch Floyd struggled to dominate Castillo.

I think there was no one quite on the level of the best welterweights in the era previous, which would have tested Floyd's ceiling i.e. Prime Oscar, prime Shane, Trinidad, Forrest. I think Floyd may have struggled to go through that level of fighters unscathed, although I would still say even if he picked up an L against one of them I would still guess he would have proved to be better than all of them in a series, especially considering he is probably at least one natural weight division smaller than all those guys, the same way Pacquiao is one natural weight division smaller than Floyd.

Floyd didn't fight Paul Williams - I think the Punisher on a good day would be a tall order (no pun intended) for Floyd at 147, although Williams was a little up and down.

Lastly - Williams as a case in point, Floyd had no qualms about avoiding certain fighters and I am not convinced that even if he had the competition of the late 90's and early 2000's he would have taken those guys on, or at least not at the time they were most dangerous, he might have picked through it in a similar way as he has done with his generation.

Comment

Floyd definitely had a great leverage over most of his opponents that 0 he held that and the fact he was a huge money cow just wanting to be milked by every party involved.

I think its very safe to say minus those capitals from Floyd he'd likely have lost atleast 2 times maybe 3 or 4 at a push.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
                    That with the help of being in prolly the weakest era in boxing history. Plus very good calculated match making.

And don't foget the biggest help of all, PEDs.
                    Oh thats to bad then. Best of his era and undefeated. Cant take that away no matter how much you wish it wasnt true or what excuses you drop for him being it

Comment

Because he is that good

Comment

Working...
                      X