List of HBO ratings for 2011 and 2012

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Realism View Post
    So much for Donaire being a huge draw.
    It's already been proven he's not a huge draw. Not too long ago somebody posted his numbers at the gates. I believe it was 3k.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
      1.6 million people watched Hopkins-Dawson II?

We're doomed.
      All the fighters of the early last decade are still big rating draws. Hopkins-Pascal II did 1.8 million. Look at Zab Judah, he and Khan did a 1.4 million rating when Khan normally does 1.2 or 1.3. It's not a huge increase, but people are still interested in the former decade when they are paired with interesting match ups.

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
      I could've sworn Ponce was a bigger draw than Solis yet Gamboa-Solis did more numbers. How come Gamboa-Salido is not up there either?

Look at the Canelo numbers from fighting nobodies... It's all Ginger boy drawing those people, that's crazy.

And that James Kirkland-Angulo number seems low for the magnitude of that fight too.
      Salido-Gamboa was from 2010.

Alvarez's numbers are great as well. I think GBP might be making a mistake if they switch him over to Showtime for good. He's another young fighter who's ratings are high and seem to be growing.

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
        maybe because people realized it was a competitive fight between the two best LHW's at the time. To me that's far better than 1.3+ million tuning in to watch a star vs a complete bum that has no business fighting for a title in the first place.
        puto

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
          maybe because people realized it was a competitive fight between the two best LHW's at the time. To me that's far better than 1.3+ million tuning in to watch a star vs a complete bum that has no business fighting for a title in the first place.
          Good post

Comment

So much for Broner doing the biggest HBO ratings in years...

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
              So much for Broner doing the biggest HBO ratings in years...
              best ratings on a bad card in years. ppl read what they want. but 1.4 for a 22 yo against a heavy underdog is very impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                best ratings on a bad card in years. ppl read what they want. but 1.4 for a 22 yo against a heavy underdog is very impressive.
                Canelo is the same age and does better numbers on BAD against heavy underdogs.

Comment

Hey Warp, do you have any idea about how much the "+ Same Day" is adding to the ratings? Is it a huge difference compared to the live ratings?

I think I found the John Chavez article you were referring to. According to him, the live viewers for Canelo vs Hatton were 920,000 compared to the 1.4 million from the "live + Same Day" number. That's almost 600,000 more viewers the "+ Same Day" added if that's correct. Boxing is in a terrible state if DVRs are adding 50% more viewers to the rating numbers.

Comment

Those numbers are impressive when you consider that HBO is a premium service that you have to pay for separately from regular cable or satellite.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                      Hey Warp, do you have any idea about how much the "+ Same Day" is adding to the ratings? Is it a huge difference compared to the live ratings?

I think I found the John Chavez article you were referring to. According to him, the live viewers for Canelo vs Hatton were 920,000 compared to the 1.4 million from the "live + Same Day" number. That's almost 600,000 more viewers the "+ Same Day" added if that's correct. Boxing is in a terrible state if DVRs are adding 50% more viewers to the rating numbers.
                      I asked about how much the + Same day portion would add, but he said it wasn't a huge difference. All ratings are reported with the + same day which makes it an even playing field.

Even if boxing is mostly being recorded, people are still seeing it. Chavez tried to make it seem like HBO was adding the + same day so they could boost their ratings. This is the way ratings are reported in general.

I asked about this multiple times to clarify about the same day aspect and the person who provided me with the data insisted that there was nothing inaccurate by including the same day portion.

I wouldn't stress out about if some fights are being recorded with DVR, it still counts as ratings and people are still watching Boxing.

Chavez made a big deal out of nothing, IMO.

edit:

In the article, Chavez writes:

The big deal is the fact that the public and power players within the boxing industry are being openly and blatantly lied to when it comes to correct ratings figures. This gives certain parties more leverage over the other and gives an elevated sense of success
                      No one was being lied to. The way ratings are reported are Live + Same Day.
                      Last edited by warp1432; 07-30-2012, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X