Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B list fighters who have made millions in boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KeepOnPushing View Post
    Yea he isn't a A-List fighter agree , but thats what holds Paulie back from being one is what i was saying though , the guy is that weak of a puncher that he just cant compete at that level, but if he did have any sort of power Paulie would be a A-List fighter, any time your opponent comes into the ring already not respecting your punching power they relax a little more and able to stick to their game plan , but if u have a little pop you're tend to back pedal some or even hesitate to throw because of fear of getting one to the jaw or body, Paulie doesn't scare anyone , he just out boxes guys , but he will never be a A class guy with that poor of KO power

i do wish he had pop tho' because he's entertaining as hell, and has good skills.
    yeah me too its a shame, he has the charisma to be a star, i wonder if it is hand problems or some wierd fluke that his body isnt capable of generating power. it seems that a certain level of athletic that he surely has would enable him to at least throw a respectable punch.

Comment

Kelly Pavlik and Antonio Margarito

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
        He beat Floyd for maybe 3 rounds at best. But yes Cotto had to cheat to get the upper hand.

For me Zab is too inconsistent to be listed as an A-list fighter. When I think A-lister I think guys like Froch, Ward, etc...

Zab has basically amounted to a really ****ing tough gate keeper.

i grant you that, at one time he was at least a b+ level fighter though haha

Comment

Originally posted by boxing_pundit85 View Post
          yeah me too its a shame, he has the charisma to be a star, i wonder if it is hand problems or some wierd fluke that his body isnt capable of generating power. it seems that a certain level of athletic that he surely has would enable him to at least throw a respectable punch.
          I always wonder that also why he couldnt generate any power to earn any decent boxer respect. But he does have a good skill set.

Comment

Originally posted by BeenDownB4 View Post
            Kelly Pavlik and Antonio Margarito
            gimme a break with pavlik, crazy power, linear world champ, great heart. he has been sht as of late, but i dont think a bout with alchoholsim is enough for a demotion.

Comment

Wasnt Zab also a lineal champion with crazy power who fell off.

Comment

Originally posted by mrlopez View Post
                Ortiz Berto Bradley & Alexander

lol, I completely forgot about them. Bradley & Alexander most definitely.

Ortiz is showing promise at 147. I think he is like 155 natural weight, so 140 was hard for his body to carry. But 147 he looks good.

Comment

He doesn't sit down on punches or turnover his punches a lot of times, while he is skilled he tends to fight amatuer'ish ....power comes from your lower half and if you're not sitting down on your punches or turning them over correctly then you're not going to hit someone with as much force as u possibly can , i noticed that a lot about Paulie , he's so worried about scoring, majority of the time he just flicks his punches out there and already in retreat mode..

he steps into none of his punches.

Comment

Paulie has power. He just doesn't use it. He never sits down on his punches. He's always punching while on the move. Rather than planting his feet and going for it. When he has, he hurts dudes. He hurt Cotto when he sat down on his punches.

But I think he has fragile hands. He said something about it and said he changed styles back to the speedy pop-less stuff because he was going to be himself rather than what people wanted him to be. Something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                      lol, I completely forgot about them. Bradley & Alexander most definitely.

Ortiz is showing promise at 147. I think he is like 155 natural weight, so 140 was hard for his body to carry. But 147 he looks good.
                      Agree with this ^^^^

Comment

Working...
                      X