No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Keith Thurman: It Was a Clear Win, I Outboxed Danny Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
    Gulf in class between the two. A level fighter and a B level fighter.
    Not at all. The fight before ( lubin vs cota) was an example of an a vs b level fighter. Kieth spent a lot of time on his bike, missed 70+% of his total punches, and failed to really hurt garcia. He spent all that time on his bike for a reason, it's not because he felt like he was fighting a b-level fighter.

Comment

I still think Pacquiao would beat thurman lol he was sloppy lmao and if your sloppy even for one second with pacquiao with your foot work, hes gonna KNOCK YOU DOWN. & then its an uphill battle. I was in attendance tonight at the Thurman Garcia fight & i was also in attendance for Pacquiao vs Bradley/Vargas last 2016 & i still feel even tho keith has 2 belts, Pacquiao could beat keith. He just has to be healthy 100% & Focused. I think Thurman would fancy the idea of fighting in Abu dabi or the Phillipines against a fighting champion senator like Pacquiao. 2017-18 should be a rich year of fighting for the 147 division. Danny fought hard but not really dishing out more than he took. Hes very good defensively like most phili fighters, but he just didnt rally on. Good fight tonight over all, but the 115-113 judge was completely high & incompetent. The SD was just boxings way of saying "Theres still home cooking". If danny won even 4-5 of those rounds clearly, he woulda won lmao
      Last edited by ChiCityExtractz; 03-05-2017, 01:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        Good fight. Thought Keith won clearly, but the split decision bullshit and the close scores didn't surprise me. Thurman took a chance doing his best impression of DLH in the last two rounds. Real risky, and it almost cost him. Anyway, the right man won. And props to Danny for being an overachiever.
        Even then it still shouldn't had been a SD.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
          Even then it still shouldn't had been a SD.
          No. No judge in his right mind could've given Garcia the decision. But the close scores didn't surprise me. The SD was something that's become just far too common in boxing nowadays. Thurman should've known better than to coast.

Comment

It was a close fight. Not a dominating performance at all.

Comment

Originally posted by fightfanjoe View Post
              Not at all. The fight before ( lubin vs cota) was an example of an a vs b level fighter. Kieth spent a lot of time on his bike, missed 70+% of his total punches, and failed to really hurt garcia. He spent all that time on his bike for a reason, it's not because he felt like he was fighting a b-level fighter.
              Thurman spent nearly the whole fight on his bike v Bundu.

It really means nothing besides having that extra gear on a one-dimensional opponent.

As I said, there is a gulf in class. One fighter can do something extra that the other can't cope with.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiCityExtractz View Post
                I still think Pacquiao would beat thurman
                Pac's angles and the direction his punches come from and his experience and speed, I would favor him over Thurman or Garcia. If Pac and Arum want any fight, it would be theirs because no one would turn down a huge payday that only a Pac fight would offer. No other active welterweight pulls superstar numbers like Pac as long as Pac is fighting top guys.

Comment

Thurman looks ordinary... Pac will have an easy time beating him...

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                    Pac's angles and the direction his punches come from and his experience and speed, I would favor him over Thurman or Garcia. If Pac and Arum want any fight, it would be theirs because no one would turn down a huge payday that only a Pac fight would offer. No other active welterweight pulls superstar numbers like Pac as long as Pac is fighting top guys.
                    I think Keith can match and in fact dominate Pacquiao in all the categories (speed, angles, power, footwork, unpredictablity) in the first four or five rounds.

However, I believe none of Keith's abilities are naturally, more like he forces his body to perform at that level, which is why he can't sustain it over twelve rounds whereas Pac and Mayweather have the same speed, power, angles, footwork, and concentration in the eleventh and twelfth round as they did in the first two rounds, because for them it's just pure natural talent, they aint forcing nothing.

However at age 38, I wonder how much it is 'still' natural for Pac or if he'll burn out too in the second half of the fight.

Comment

9-3 Thurman.

It's always satisfying to see a cherrypicker like Garcia lose

back to fighting Rod Salkas for him, I guess

Comment

Working...
                      X