Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury: If Cut Opens Up in Wilder Rematch, It's Out of My Control

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Win by any means necessary. This is boxing, and you don't play boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post
      I'm not wishing for fights to be stopped. But i was pointing out Fury got a lot of favours in recent fights compared to other fighters.

Imagine if Fury had got up in 12th round form that heavy knockdown and got seriously injured which let's be honest could have happened if Wilder hadn't gassed. No one wants to see anyone get hurt.
      No, but that's the whole point, none of those things happened but people are citing the possibility as a reason it shouldve been stopped, despite the refs decision being bore about as correct by what happened afterwards. There are actually some Wilder fans calling it a knockout win because it was a severe knockdown. But knocked out just means knocked out of time in a boxing sense, not a state of consciousness. And let's face it Fury carried on fine. Same as the cut, people wanted it stopped, even though he proved he could prevail with it. Very strange to hear this stuff.

Comment

It was lucky - he was out cold. He didn't force himself to regain consciousness - he just did. And then to be able to get up and not be on wobbly legs that was lucky too.

Plenty of fighters get up from knockdowns but then there are are times when it's not possible too.
        It shows that you have never been in the ring. Probably never been in a fight. I hope you never experience what it is like to get knocked out and unconscious. There is nothing lucky about what fury did.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver Spear View Post
          It shows that you have never been in the ring. Probably never been in a fight. I hope you never experience what it is like to get knocked out and unconscious. There is nothing lucky about what fury did.
          What you talking about? Of course luck is involved

Even Fury says he has no idea what what was happening when he was unconscious - he didn't *will* himself back to consciousness. I think you have been reading too many superhero comic books.

Why didn't Fury use his *will* to stay on his feet in the first place? The answer is he had little control over whether he went down or not. Same as getting up.

Comment

What you talking about? Of course luck is involved

Even Fury says he has no idea what what was happening when he was unconscious - he didn't *will* himself back to consciousness. I think you have been reading too many superhero comic books.

Why didn't Fury use his *will* to stay on his feet in the first place? The answer is he had little control over whether he went down or not. Same as getting up.

Care to link where fury said this? If someone's unconscious they don't look at the ref and pay attention to the count. Jack reese the ref explained why he believed fury was fine and didn't stop the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver Spear View Post
              Care to link where fury said this? If someone's unconscious they don't look at the ref and pay attention to the count. Jack reese the ref explained why he believed fury was fine and didn't stop the fight.
              He said it in a video I watched after the fight. Have no idea whoich one but i would guess he was asked a few times in dfiferent interviews.

Why do I need to link it anyway? When someone is unconscious they aren't consciously thinking! The clue is in the word

Comment

He said it in a video I watched after the fight. Have no idea whoich one but i would guess he was asked a few times in dfiferent interviews.

Why do I need to link it anyway? When someone is unconscious they aren't consciously thinking! The clue is in the word
                When someone is unconscious they don't hold their leg up and turn their eyes. Fury looked right at Jack when he came up to continue the count. Here opened his eyes wider when the count got to about 5. That is not the sign of a man that is unconscious.

I'll take the word of a former fireman over yours.

Comment

Working...
                X