Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bernard Hopkins vs Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. Who Wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice topic, Brush.

I don't know what to think about this one.

I mean on the one hand, you have Gandalf the fckn Wizard Alien, HoFer even an ATG depending on who you're talking to, but he's old see. I mean ancient in boxing years. His wizard powers are legion, but at this stage maybe mostly illusion. He can be had by a big, strong kid with the presence of mind to disregard his chicanery. As was made plain in his last outing.

Now before you all lynch me for blasphemy, I know Jr ain't Kovalev.

He's a big , dumb-ass, twelve-Domino's-meat-lovers-pizza eatin', dope-smokin', Televisa-soap-opera-starlet-bangin', spoiled fkn rich kid. He's almost universally detested here and on other boxing fan sites. Hopkins is right that he disrespects the sport with his bull**** and occupies a position that he hasn't earned the hard way like many of his peers. But...He's got genetics. Further, his genetic gifts came with sides of not-unmanned-in-the-presence-of-royalty and not-overly-impressed-with-greatness. He is not entirely without skill. He has a chin and a pretty wicked left hook to the body.

Lotta' potential drama in this fight. Add a decent undercard and I'd make a small party around it.

Bernard is smart; Jr will probably underestimate him. Probably will come in fat, dumb and happy. Ready to be mesmerized for an hour and then leave with a loss and a goofy look on his face. Probably...

But if not...
    Last edited by lefthook2daliva; 03-04-2015, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lefthook2daliva View Post
      Nice topic, Brush.

I don't know what to think about this one.

I mean on the one hand, you have Gandalf the fckn Wizard Alien, HoFer even an ATG depending on who you're talking to, but he's old see. I mean ancient in boxing years. His wizard powers are legion, but at this stage maybe mostly illusion. He can be had by a big, strong kid with the presence of mind to disregard his chicanery. As was made plain in his last outing.

Now before you all lynch me for blasphemy, I know Jr ain't Kovalev.

He's a big , dumb-ass, twelve-Domino's-meat-lovers-pizza eatin', dope-smokin', Televisa-soap-opera-starlet-bangin', spoiled fkn rich kid. He's almost universally detested here and on other boxing fan sites. Hopkins is right that he disrespects the sport with his bull**** and occupies a position that he hasn't earned the hard way like many of his peers. But...He's got genetics. Further, his genetic gifts came with sides of not-unmanned-in-the-presence-of-royalty and not-overly-impressed-with-greatness. He is not entirely without skill. He had a chin and a pretty wicked left hook to the body.

Lotta' potential drama in this fight. Add a decent undercard and I'd make a small party around it.

Bernard is smart; Jr will probably underestimate him. Probably will come in fat, dumb and happy. Ready to be mesmerized for an hour and then leave with a loss and a goofy look on his face. Probably...

But if not...

Hilarious man.

Comment

Working...
      X