Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bob Arum sues Julio Cesar Chavez Jnr???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think at this point Haymon can take almost any of Arum's fighters easily. If Arum sues him and he loses it then I guess he pays a couple millions to Arum, what's that to Haymon? In long term he wins more than he loses. Surely nobody wants to lose a cuple millions, even a guy who has many other millions but I think if at some point it will be worth for Haymon, like in this case he won't care about Arum sues him.
    Arum is about to get fucked. HBO has still plenty of names include Arum, GBP, K2? Main Event and few other names but Arum in his own is screwed. He has Pac, Bradley, Crawford, Mikey, Walters and Lomachenko if I'm nice with him + Gradovich and Rios, nobody else relevant and Pac is about to retire in a year while Mikey Garcia already wanted to break contract I think it just matter of time when he will left Arum. I heard rumours that Walters is also about to left Arum. So maybe next year he will have just Crawford, Loma, Bradley and as I said only if I want to be nice then Gradovich and Rios but they aren't that relevant imo. I guess these guys will want to leave him too when they will find out how limited their fighting options have become.

Comment

War, the prince!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
        It's funny you say that when both you guys clearly are ignorant about the subject

The fact of the matter is, Chavez is not making more money to fight fellow ducker Stevenson's leftovers than he would've fighting GGG on PPV. The deal Arum offered him was only a 2 fight deal where he would've made a MINIMUM $12 million if he lost and $17 million if he won. When he turned that down, Arum offered him a 1 fight deal to fight GGG or Froch on PPV.

But keep thinking a Fonfara fight is gonna make him that type of bank.

And again, it's downright comical that you people think these guys are going over to Haymon to 'be their own boss' or assume more control over who they fought when one of his fighters JUST let us know how things over at PBC really work:

http://www.boxingscene.com/santa-cru...ux-bout--87367

http://www.boxingscene.com/santa-cru...eaux-up--87431

Again, this was just a few days ago. Guys go to Haymon because they know they'll be overprotected and still paid relatively well while getting lots of dates because of his TV deals. Has nothing to do with gaining more control. The man has clauses in his contracts to kill any fight he wants. He's much more than a mere 'adviser'.
        Weren't those Chavez deals only good if he signed an extension?

Comment

Originally posted by HEND View Post
          I think at this point Haymon can take almost any of Arum's fighters easily. If Arum sues him and he loses it then I guess he pays a couple millions to Arum, what's that to Haymon? In long term he wins more than he loses. Surely nobody wants to lose a cuple millions, even a guy who has many other millions but I think if at some point it will be worth for Haymon, like in this case he won't care about Arum sues him.
          Arum is about to get fucked. HBO has still plenty of names include Arum, GBP, K2? Main Event and few other names but Arum in his own is screwed. He has Pac, Bradley, Crawford, Mikey, Walters and Lomachenko if I'm nice with him + Gradovich and Rios, nobody else relevant and Pac is about to retire in a year while Mikey Garcia already wanted to break contract I think it just matter of time when he will left Arum. I heard rumours that Walters is also about to left Arum. So maybe next year he will have just Crawford, Loma, Bradley and as I said only if I want to be nice then Gradovich and Rios but they aren't that relevant imo. I guess these guys will want to leave him too when they will find out how limited their fighting options have become.
          You do realize that arum makes fight almost daily with all the other promotion you mentioned right? The reason that haymon keeps signing as many fighters as possible,is because he's cutting ties and burning bridges with other promotions,so that his fighters only fight amongst themselves. Give it about a 2-3 years and we're going to see anan inbred mess of fights,over at the haymon side. He might as well make his own belt,so that his fighters don't have to compete with anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by mike1010011 View Post
            You do realize that arum makes fight almost daily with all the other promotion you mentioned right? The reason that haymon keeps signing as many fighters as possible,is because he's cutting ties and burning bridges with other promotions,so that his fighters only fight amongst themselves. Give it about a 2-3 years and we're going to see anan inbred mess of fights,over at the haymon side. He might as well make his own belt,so that his fighters don't have to compete with anyone else.
            Give it 2-3 years and probably almost all of the relevant fighters will be with Haymon. Things really go in that way honestly. Don't know why you would see it otherwise. He just signs and signs. Do you think that Bradley, Crawford, Kovalev, etc... wouldn't consider to jump ship if they would have got a sensible offer from Haymon? I know that many people hate to hear this (sometimes me too) but this is business at the end of the day.
            And just because Arum works with those promoters doesn't mean that those fighters belong to him.

Arum is getting desperate right now. He tries to make Crawford's fight on the 18 of April, same day as the Chavez Jr. fight. this is a salty revenge move and this won't be good for anybody. He basically prefers a tiny revenge over the more money. Crawford needs to jump ship cause Arum is losing control, getting desperate and want to make him fight on the same day as Chavez Jr., who is a bigger name (sadly) --> Crawford will fell off of a lots of money, but Arum too and probably Haymon and Chavez too. So Arum basically wants to hurt everyone include himslef and his fighter because he wants to fuck over Chavez Jr. and Haymon. I think that would be a univoque sign that the old Bob became unstable af and his fighters needs to leave him asap. The same time Pac will retire and some of his relevant fighters leave him he will be over. I think that time comes next year or next two years.

Comment

I'm not sure if I understand the issue here...If in fact, there is a contract that Chavez jr. signed willingly, not under duress...Whats the question? A contract is a contract...Who is the bigger piece of ****, Arum or Chavez? You enter into a contract you should fulfill the agreement...**** Chavez , if in fact he signed a contract and now he does not feel like completing it...and he will lose in court, period.

Comment

Originally posted by Shapopojoe View Post
                I'm not sure if I understand the issue here...If in fact, there is a contract that Chavez jr. signed willingly, not under duress...Whats the question? A contract is a contract...Who is the bigger piece of ****, Arum or Chavez? You enter into a contract you should fulfill the agreement...**** Chavez , if in fact he signed a contract and now he does not feel like completing it...and he will lose in court, period.
                Probably he will I didn't say otherwise but probably he doesn't give two fucks about him losing on the court. He will pay 1-2 millions with the support of Haymon and life goes on. I don't say that this is ethical but I think that's the situation. Haymon's power >> Arum's power right now. Haymon's money, dates, number of fighters > Arum's money, dates, number of fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by HEND View Post
                  Give it 2-3 years and probably almost all of the relevant fighters will be with Haymon. Things really go in that way honestly. Don't know why you would see it otherwise. He just signs and signs. Do you think that Bradley, Crawford, Kovalev, etc... wouldn't consider to jump ship if they would have got a sensible offer from Haymon? I know that many people hate to hear this (sometimes me too) but this is business at the end of the day.
                  And just because Arum works with those promoters doesn't mean that those fighters belong to him.

Arum is getting desperate right now. He tries to make Crawford's fight on the 18 of April, same day as the Chavez Jr. fight. this is a salty revenge move and this won't be good for anybody. He basically prefers a tiny revenge over the more money. Crawford needs to jump ship cause Arum is losing control, getting desperate and want to make him fight on the same day as Chavez Jr., who is a bigger name (sadly) --> Crawford will fell off of a lots of money, but Arum too and probably Haymon and Chavez too. So Arum basically wants to hurt everyone include himslef and his fighter because he wants to fuck over Chavez Jr. and Haymon. I think that would be a univoque sign that the old Bob became unstable af and his fighters needs to leave him asap. The same time Pac will retire and some of his relevant fighters leave him he will be over. I think that time comes next year or next two years.
                  Well,it just seems like haymon is trying to play jenga,with one of the most unstable sports in the world. He's trying to monopolize and fix the outcomes of a sport in which you basically could end up dead or in a coma,with one wrong punch. If he manages to put out great fights, then screw it,all hail al haymon. But at the rate that he's going, and his past in the music business,it seems like his just inflating the sport,and once his pockets are filled,he'll pop the balloon he's made,and screw all the boxers over. Remember,Rome was one of the greatest empires that history has ever seen,and it still collapsed under its own weight.

Comment

Working...
                  X