No announcement yet.

Beatles' appreciation thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
    Well I like stuff like Frankie Vallie, The Drifters, Little Richard, The Everly Brothers, The Four Tops, and whilst I like most of the Beatles earlier stuff, I'm talking about there more noticeable hits, I aint a fan of some of there work.
    that's fine, most of the artists you mentioned are vocal groups, so it sorta looks like you've got particular tastes. vocally, the beatles can't touch the beach boys, But very few people would say they're better overall than the beatles.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
      They are becoming underrated because the new thing is to hate on them. A lot of people are now saying they are overrated and a lot of their songs weren't that good but got a lot of play because it was from them. The hate is making them underrated because the haters are wrong. There is very few bad Beatles songs.
      Exactly 8/10 of my friends prob. hate them cause they're too hip for it now, Muse for life etc. Also people my age ( under 25 )seem to find it embarrassing to mention that they like The Beatles for the impending hate they'll receive.

If I am being honest yes some of their music sounds outdated now but they are completely outnumbered by numerous quality tracks that still sound fresh today.

Comment

Originally posted by S.G. View Post
        My favourite rock band's favourite rock acts are David Bowie and The Doors.
        and what band is this?

Comment

Originally posted by AntonTheGreat View Post
          and what band is this?
          You don't know The Doors? Jim Morrison?

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
            They are becoming underrated because the new thing is to hate on them. A lot of people are now saying they are overrated and a lot of their songs weren't that good but got a lot of play because it was from them. The hate is making them underrated because the haters are wrong. There is very few bad Beatles songs.
            Originally posted by Repeddled View Post
            Exactly 8/10 of my friends prob. hate them cause they're too hip for it now, Muse for life etc. Also people my age ( under 25 )seem to find it embarrassing to mention that they like The Beatles for the impending hate they'll receive.
            Really? This is surprising to me, because in my experience most music dabblers and dilettantes champion the shit out of The Beatles. "Music is trash now!" and all that spiel. I find that most people who don't like The Beatles, or don't like the deification of The Beatles, tend to be music nerds who are into shit like Beefheart and Zappa.

Comment

If I am being honest yes some of their music sounds outdated now but they are completely outnumbered by numerous quality tracks that still sound fresh today.
              Yeah, fuk all that. I myself listen to a lot of music. I like rap, I like punk rock, and even some country but my roots are from the 60s and 70s and I'd never be ashamed of it, it's my favorite music. I grew up on music that's 50 years old and wouldn't have it any other way. Rock music now a days is weak anyways. Floyd, Beatles, The Clash, Hendrix, Clapton, Morrissey, Sex Pistols list goes on for me. Nothing to be ashamed to admit you like good music.

Comment

You don't know The Doors? Jim Morrison?
                I'm talking about the 'phantom' band who's favorites are bowie and the doors.

Comment

Originally posted by AntonTheGreat View Post
                  and what band is this?
                  Joy Division.

Comment

Joy Division.
                    i know ian sounded like morrison and their first name was a nod to the bowie song, but i doubt their only influences are bowie and the doors.

Comment

Joy Division.
                      joy division is deff one of my favs too. favorite song has to be transmission. pretty messed up how ian curtis's life ended, but damn, they were so good for the short amount of time they were together.

Comment

Working...
                      X