Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Jose Benavidez the next Edwin Valero?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
    He was never very impressive, I like what I have seen in Benevidez in just a couple fights more than what I have ever seen of Valero.
    Benavidez is looking good, but he's not even 20 yet. Lets see if he can look the same after 25 fights.

Then we can make the comparison.

I'll ignore your contempt for Valero and chalk it up to uncontrollable bias.

Comment

He is fighting amateur bums, fighters with records who have more losses than wins, they trying to raise his profile with "Boxrec" wins..

Comment

Originally posted by sultanisking View Post
        He is fighting amateur bums, fighters with records who have more losses than wins, they trying to raise his profile with "Boxrec" wins..
        Are you talking about Valero or Benavidez here?

Comment

Originally posted by cooper5 View Post
          Are you talking about Valero or Benavidez here?
          Don't want to sound rude, but I think where I said ' he is fighting' may answer your question.

BENAVIDEZ,

Comment

Originally posted by sultanisking View Post
            He just turned 18, who do you want him to fight? Bradley?

To answer the thread, two completely different kinds of fighters. Jose is very tall, athletic and has quick hands, but not in the same league with Valero as far as power is concerned. And time will tell whether he'll ever be world class or not, personally I think he will, but he's a few years off yet.

Comment

Originally posted by -Tyrone- View Post
              Benavidez is looking good, but he's not even 20 yet. Lets see if he can look the same after 25 fights.

Then we can make the comparison.

I'll ignore your contempt for Valero and chalk it up to uncontrollable bias.
              Fair enough

But watch this Benevidez kid is going to be something if they don't make the same mistake they made with Vargas when he was a young prospect.

Comment

Working...
              X