Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Whyte Doesn't Want Chisora; What About Wilder-Whyte?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Hound View Post
    This,I had Whyte winning on the second watch of the fight...first time i had chisora by two rounds,probably just by sheer suprise giving chisora the tighter rounds.. a couple of rounds that chisora clearly won he put heavy damage on whyte and the rounds where chisora did nothing and whyte won clearly whyte was simply boxing

Chisora won some rounds very impressively with a beat down in at least one but whyte won more rounds in general,sometimes people get confused or let emotions get in the way of scoring a fight

Yes i believe Wilder needs to step up his level of competition but since he's injured I wouldnt mind watching him face Whyte as a comeback but any more of this paper chump cherry picking and he loses all respect...
    yes i know he was going to fight povetkin before anyone mentions it but he didnt and needs to get his skates on
    Whyte won by 2 rounds actually ..but anytime a close fight is scored ppl always try and discredit the guy coming up as is the way by the boxing community for whatever bizarre reasoning ,probably to discredit Joshuas best win even though Joshua himself is elite level now. Fans are clueless really ,you even have one guy on this thread wondering why Wilder would fight Whyte instead of Parker..maybe b/c Parker is SLIGHTLY better right now...SLIGHTLY being key word,so its less risk losing that Joshua or Klitchko mega fight.

Comment

I had Del Boy winning the fight by 2 points, I'd like to see them do it again. I don't think Whyte wants it again because the juice isn't worth the squeeze. He'll make some money but it doesn't improve his ranking in the division if he wins and he went through hell that first fight and may not win the rematch. A loss to Chisora in the rematch will undue anything Whyte has accomplished since his loss to Joshua.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott. Weiland View Post
        I don't know man, I had Whyte by a round in an ugly fight both guys couldn't put two punches together all night, they'd hurt each other but were unable to follow up with a second successive fight ending blow.

Personally I've no desire to see them fight again. Whyte vs Wilder I think would be a better fight but it is not exactly a step up in class by Wilder and I'd much prefer he fought a top ten opponent some time this year, it's been two years now since he last fought a respectable opponent.
        You've nailed it with this post, definitely.

Whyte-Chrisora was an entertaining fight, because it matched two pretty even guys. But quality-wise, it was ugly - wild swinging and poor techniques. Matching B-level guys is smart booking entertainment wise - matching B level against A level isn't.

I'd like to see Whyte get matched with someone like Hammer or even Miller, personally. Hammer would be a logical option if he walks through Price next month - he'll be exposed to the UK audience and they could hype him up accordingly.

No desire to watch Whyte-Chisora II, and definitely not Whyte-Joshua II, so it'll have to be Wilder or a second tier guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott. Weiland View Post
          I don't know man, I had Whyte by a round in an ugly fight both guys couldn't put two punches together all night, they'd hurt each other but were unable to follow up with a second successive fight ending blow.

Personally I've no desire to see them fight again. Whyte vs Wilder I think would be a better fight but it is not exactly a step up in class by Wilder and I'd much prefer he fought a top ten opponent some time this year, it's been two years now since he last fought a respectable opponent.
          Great post. Well said.

Comment

Wilder's gonna be like, "Huh?! Who?! He ain't beat AJ and almost lost to a beat down Chisora?! Yea, let's do it!" SHUT UP! Do not throw this garbage out to him. Hearn's starting to lose credibility.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
              You've nailed it with this post, definitely.

Whyte-Chrisora was an entertaining fight, because it matched two pretty even guys. But quality-wise, it was ugly - wild swinging and poor techniques. Matching B-level guys is smart booking entertainment wise - matching B level against A level isn't.

I'd like to see Whyte get matched with someone like Hammer or even Miller, personally. Hammer would be a logical option if he walks through Price next month - he'll be exposed to the UK audience and they could hype him up accordingly.

No desire to watch Whyte-Chisora II, and definitely not Whyte-Joshua II, so it'll have to be Wilder or a second tier guy.
              I have a very low tolerance for poor quality fights and Whyte Chisora was certainly poor quality, I admire the styles of guys like Ward, Klitschko, Mayweather as well as tough competitive bangers such as Maidana, Mansour and Kovalev too hell I'm a huge fan of most but for me Whyte and Chiosra have no business fighting for world titles so I have very little interest in watching them face each other as its a level I have a extremely limited interest in.

Hammer vs Price I expect Price bombs Hammer out early, they're around the same level but Price has world class power, that's undsiputable unfortunately he just has less punch resilience than Amir Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                Great post. Well said.
                You're still a paper champion my opinion hasn't changed because we're being nice to each other.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hound View Post
                  This,I had Whyte winning on the second watch of the fight...first time i had chisora by two rounds,probably just by sheer suprise giving chisora the tighter rounds.. a couple of rounds that chisora clearly won he put heavy damage on whyte and the rounds where chisora did nothing and whyte won clearly whyte was simply boxing

Chisora won some rounds very impressively with a beat down in at least one but whyte won more rounds in general,sometimes people get confused or let emotions get in the way of scoring a fight

Yes i believe Wilder needs to step up his level of competition but since he's injured I wouldnt mind watching him face Whyte as a comeback but any more of this paper chump cherry picking and he loses all respect...
                  yes i know he was going to fight povetkin before anyone mentions it but he didnt and needs to get his skates on
                  Dude he has a gimme fight already against the Polish carpet fitter drafted in, that entire card anyone else would be a tougher opponent for Wllder, Amir Mansour I'd actually favour versus Wilder, no bs man that's much I don't hold this guy in high regard.

The Povetkin mess clearly was not his fault but damn he delayed as long as he could and looked relieved he didnt have to face Povetkin in a doping test the guy actually never failed ! Anyway that's history and now Povetkin has been popped I'd like to see him handed a sizeable ban effectively ending his career at the highest level, say two years ? This would deter dopers like Ortiz and Fluff Furry and his acne ridden clearly doping cousin, two guys busted in the same camp and still some try and defend tehir dumb peckerwood asses.

I don't care how impressively you win rounds versus Chisora beating Chisora means nothing as far as I am concerned, the guy looked mentally shot and terrified at times lingering lost on the ropes versus Pulev, against Fury he looked even worse. I do respect him as a tough durable opponent but he's always been massively over rated dominately by British fan boys.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    Why in the world would Wilder fight Whyte?

Deontay is looking at Joseph Parker next and he also has the WBC mandatory to think about.
                    Because Whyte isn't a top ten contender and Wilder fights nothing but unranked guys. He'd only be following the same pattern he's set throughout his career.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                      Why in the world would Wilder fight Whyte?
                      Yeah because Wilder's resume has been murderers row so far...

Besides, Whyte is rated in the top 10 by the WBC. Depending on how things pan out and who's available or who is willing/unwilling to fight, it's not out of the question that Wilder v Whyte could happen.

Sounds like Hearn doesn't think Whyte has a chance v Wilder though because he said he'd like that fight next and then Wilder v Joshua later in the year. He's obviously just using Whyte as a measuring stick/common opponent and a way to get Wilder's name a bit more familiar with the British sports fans by beating Whyte.

Comment

Working...
                      X