Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Vacates WBC Title! Says Golovkin Talks Continue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Canelo fights someone else, he punked out. So we can cry all we want till that happens, but until then you have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

• Originally posted by dcull111 View Post
      All you morons defending this are defending everything that is wrong with the sport. Do the UFC "marinate" fights for 3 ****ing years? Do fighters suddenly decide to invent their own weight classes? No, the best fight the best with zero bull****. That's why UFC is taking boxing's fans.

Boxing is losing it's appeal to the public, one duck at a time. You people defending Canelo, and calling him smart, are feeding the problems that are killing boxing....
      Couldn't have said it better myself my man...It is sad.

Fighters getting support for not fighting is arguably the single most crucial aspect in boxing not being as popular as it could be.

A fighter doesn't take a fight/moves to another division to avoid a challenge/drops a belt etc etc and people are ready and on hand to serve as a spokesperson for them and reel off reason after reason as to why they are smart businessmen etc....Shut up. You want to see fighters fight? Or you want to read articles about negotiations and argue business? These people...

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
        Wait!...

What happened to the "Mexican pride" talk after beating Khan? Who forced him to make that statement and then vacate?

.................................................. .................................................. .........
        Last edited by kafkod; 05-19-2016, 07:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by zzat View Post
          Damn!
          This was predicted in the earlier blogs.

Now that GGG has the belt we have to look what's his main purpose was.
          Did GGG want the Canelo fight because of the WBC belt or did he want it for the money?
          He is no longer the mandatory, he is now the WBC champ.
          So, does he go for other belts or does he go for the money?
          According to what he's been saying he'll go for the other belts because he wants to unify 160.

If the point was more about the money then he can keep negotiating with Canelo.
          Man don't be surprised if that the angle GBP take with GGG and totally try to screw him at the table and then run to the media to tell us GGG turned them down knowing full well casuals and fanboys will still defend them.

This is the situation:
          GGG wants all the belts - Canelo had one - Canelo dropped it.

When/If they still meet to make the fight, I would feel pretty confident in saying right now that GBP/Canelo will worm out of it further still by presenting total BS at the table. GGG wants to fight for all the belts as he has said numerous times so I think he should just continue on that path, get the fights that mean something and the fights that make that goal a possibility and then if Canelo decides to take up his claims of wanting to fight GGG at 160 etc, then we should talk about him.

Comment

• Originally posted by dcull111 View Post
            All you morons defending this are defending everything that is wrong with the sport. Do the UFC "marinate" fights for 3 ****ing years? Do fighters suddenly decide to invent their own weight classes? No, the best fight the best with zero bull****. That's why UFC is taking boxing's fans.

Boxing is losing it's appeal to the public, one duck at a time. You people defending Canelo, and calling him smart, are feeding the problems that are killing boxing....
            No idiot, it's the fact that the WeBeCorrupt organization gives these unrealistic deadlines to the biggest fight of the year. If they don't come to an agreement within a certain date then it goes into purse bid.

The UFC is run by people who aren't (or as) corrupt as the WBC. That's the difference.

IF Canelo doesn't fight him next or by early next year you can guarantee I will stop being a fan. Until then I'm taking a wait and see approach and agree that he shouldn't let a corrupt organization like the WBC dictate the terms of the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              Not by you, apparently.

Suck on it, then tell me ... what does being totally owned by your own stupidity taste like?
              Do you think Nelo needs that title? I don't even like him. He makes his money without the belt.

Comment

• This is the duck of the century! Shameful!

Qucknelo ducks and his cumsucking fans justify the duck! lol!!!! The joke of boxing.

Comment

• GGG still says he can make 154 for Floyd

he tried to impose a 164 cw on Ward

He's the reason this fight is not happening for trying to nitpick his catchweights

by trying to to do it against a bigger star in Canelo. he blew his chance for a mega fight

Canelo's message to GGG is clear, the fight will be on my terms or you can **** off

Comment

• Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post
                    No idiot, it's the fact that the WeBeCorrupt organization gives these unrealistic deadlines to the biggest fight of the year. If they don't come to an agreement within a certain date then it goes into purse bid.
                    He's had since November to negotiate. When he fought Cotto he agreed to fight GGG next if he won. They came to an agreement to take one interim fight and then fight each other next. GGG held up his end of the bargain, Canelo didn't. How much longer does it take to negotiate this fight? Although Oscar was selling that BS about Khan being dangerous, we all knew the truth. If they were serious about fighting GGG they would've been negotiating since November. Stop making BS excuses. He's afraid and he ducked. GGG said give me my belt and Canelo said here you go.

Comment

• Bowe was man enough to do what he did by throwing it in the trash can....Canelo doesn't have the cogones!! I thought the green belt was the ultimate prize for the Mexicans...and this carrot-head doesn't even defend it?? Shame, what a let-down for the Mexicans!
                      Last edited by BestPR; 05-19-2016, 07:43 AM. Reason: Add

Comment

Working...
                      X