Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Golovkin Still Be Great past 40 like Bhop, Big George, Holyfield?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Golovkin Still Be Great past 40 like Bhop, Big George, Holyfield?

What is all this Alvarez is waiting for him to ''get old?''

Why is there an insecurity about that? How old was Bhop when fought Tarver? How old was Big George when he beat undefeated Moorer? How old was Holyfield in his last fight? How old was Calzaghe when he retired?

When we troll about his being old we're just joking to poke the insecurities. Don't worry, Golovkin has a good 10 years left as he's super fast as of late and never gets hit! ATG!

Power is always the last thing to go, and I don't think his iron chin is going anywhere. I'd like to know how many rounds Golovkin has gone in his career, probably not that many considering. I think he can excel past 40 based on that. It's not as if he boils down to make weight either, he weighs 5lb more than the division limit 30 days out

Comment

Yeah, I think he can still be great up until his early 40s due to starting his pro career at 24 years old as well as hardly taking any punishment in his fights or having to work many rounds. I think he could still have 15 to 20 good fights left in him.

Comment

i don't see why not. he doesn't take that much punishment and never goes the distance. power might diminish and maybe the hunger to train.

Comment

Originally posted by DeLorean View Post
          i don't see why not. he doesn't take that much punishment and never goes the distance. power might diminish and maybe the hunger to train.
          Is that Eubank Jr. in your avi pic? lol. Dude's a gee!

Comment

He hasn't been great at 35 (April), idk how great he will be at 40 especially with the way he takes punches now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
              Is that Eubank Jr. in your avi pic? lol. Dude's a gee!
              yea its from his IG.

Comment

Originally posted by DeLorean View Post
                yea its from his IG.
                damn, dude leaped from 360k last month to 410k.

Looks like Alvarez vs Eubank Jr. or Chavez Jr. vs Eubank Jr. might be a real thing soon!

Comment

I think he'll continue on past forty. He's about 36 now and after Jacobs and hopefully Canelo, he can keep dominating the division and earn a lot more respect with stiffer opposition. That KO ratio will probably go down a bit but the way he takes care of himself and shows discipline with his craft, he should be around a while. Bright future for this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
                    I think he'll continue on past forty. He's about 36 now and after Jacobs and hopefully Canelo, he can keep dominating the division and earn a lot more respect with stiffer opposition. That KO ratio will probably go down a bit but the way he takes care of himself and shows discipline with his craft, he should be around a while. Bright future for this guy.
                    He will be 35 in April.

Comment

Working...
                    X