No announcement yet.

Hernandez stripped of IBF CW title, Ramirez now the champ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattleAxePurist View Post
    So they won't be fighting now didn't Ramirez pull out of the 1st scheduled fight

What brought about this ruling did YPH do something seems kind of random
    I want to assume it's because of injury.... the fight has been moved back like twice already and you can only not fight for so long

Comment

Interesting. I recall that the other week Hearns was saying that he wanted to make a fight between Bellew and the winner of Hernandez/Ramirez.

I wonder if Ramirez Vs Bellew is now on the cards.

Comment

Hernandez's lineal claim to the CW throne is as legitimate as Zsolt Erdei's these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
          Yea this was bound to happen but I just didn't expect they would hand Ramirez the title like that. At least fight for the vacant title. Hernandez hasn't fought in over a year and I don't really know why. Whether it's promotional dispute or injury.
          So you want to change the rules of the Interim championship?

Interim championship
          : Occasionally, the world champion of a particular weight division is temporarily unable to defend his championship because of medical, legal, or other reasons that are beyond the champion's control. When this case occurs the current holder of the Interim championship becomes the World champion

Comment

Working...
          X