Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why wasn't Amir Khan protected as much as other fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr LarryX View Post
    They were he didnt lose to top fighters,he lost to b grade fighters
    It was obvious he had issues with power punchers however, and they put him in with two when they didn't need to.

I don't agree with those who say it's because Khan wanted the fights, Canelo wants the fights too - he tells us often enough, but GBP are really cautious and careful with him.

Why the difference in approach? maybe they felt Canelo could become the greater attraction or maybe it's because Canelo was younger.

Comment

Good question, he has tons of marketability. HBO obviously had no problem showcasing him in their fights.

But the only thing he wasn't protected against was going to Peterson's hometown, that's about it. It's not like a fight with Garcia was a huge mishap, most people thought Khan would win.

Comment

[QUOTE=Mister Wolf;12585932]Danny was timing and catching him with that left hook before the knockout sir. Maybe you didnt notice that because you were too busy staring at Khan.[/QUOTEd

Duhhe was landing some punches! Im not a huge khan fan. I just know what i saw and just rewatched it. Everyone should try so its fresh and come back and discuss. I believe khan was in control danny is busted up, threw a rayer with his head down and it paid off. Then chose to rematch morales.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          when did i say khan has no skill? he has no chin but he has skill. garcia has skill and power unlike maidana who just has power. that's why he was able to ko khan. khan could see all of maidana's punches coming(cept that 1) he kept getting countered by garcia and eventually we know what happened.
          apologies, re-reading it you were talking about Maidana.

Mostly agree, although I don't think Garcia is a highly skilled fighter and the agricultural Maidana would give him a tough time.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
            It was obvious he had issues with power punchers however, and they put him in with two when they didn't need to.
            Well, a washed up Erik Morales made it 12 rounds with Danny Garcia.

How was Golden Boy supposed to know that an in-his-prime Amir Khan wouldn't even last 4 rounds?

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              khan was wobbled twice before the hail mary. khan was landing flashy punches while garcia was landing hurtful punches. i wonder which is better?
              there was no wobbling by either party prior to the lopping left at the end of the thrid round.

Comment

Lol he fought the murders row of Salita, Barrera, MCloskey, Kotelnyk.

Comment

Originally posted by PinoyNation View Post
                  Well, a washed up Erik Morales made it 12 rounds with Danny Garcia.

How was Golden Boy supposed to know that an in-his-prime Amir Khan wouldn't even last 4 rounds?
                  One viewing of the Breidis Prescott or Willie Limond fights or R.9 of the Maidana fight should have been a decent clue.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    Lol he fought the murders row of Salita, Barrera, MCloskey, Kotelnyk.
                    Kotelnyk beat Alexander. He doesn't deserve to be put in with the rest of those names like he wasn't a good opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      Kotelnyk beat Alexander. He doesn't deserve to be put in with the rest of those names like he wasn't a good opponent.
                      Kotelnik beat Maidana too (close fight). Besides, Kev conveniently left out Malignaggi, Maidana, Judah and Peterson on Khan's resume.

Comment

Working...
                      X