No announcement yet.

Boxing won big tonight against UFC/MMA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unseen View Post
    The punch set up the kick... smh you fat ****. Best believe that this fat guy can't fight
    yeah because in BOXING you throw a punch to set up a headkick.

you idiots don't even know about holly holm.

holly is not a boxing champ who whooped an mma champ.

holly holm became a boxing champ trained by her kickboxing trainer out of an mma gym.

Comment

Originally posted by OTHINN View Post
      I agree with you.But Holm won the fight using her 'boxing' skills.Her kickboxing played little to no part in the victory,it was one kick,when Ronda was hurt.She didn't set it up with any kickboxing,just boxing.

Just like when Toney crossed over for that one fight.MMA junkies loved it that they got 'one' over boxing.But when a 'boxer' crosses over and beats it's 'pin up girl'(main star)..etc etc we can't celebrate?

She didn't just beat her,she ****ed her right up....I say 'boxing' got one over MMA.....Go celebrate boxing fans!
      toney HAD 0 background in mma.

holm does. that's the difference.

holms learned kickboxing at a karate gym before turning to boxing while training at a wrestlers mma gym.

that's the very definition of MIXED MARTIAL ARTS.

i dunno why boxing vs. mma is even a topic.

EVERY MMA fighter trains in boxing. we just see lil of it because they suck at boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
        toney HAD 0 background in mma.

holm does. that's the difference.

holms learned kickboxing at a karate gym before turning to boxing while training at a wrestlers mma gym.

that's the very definition of MIXED MARTIAL ARTS.

i dunno why boxing vs. mma is even a topic.

EVERY MMA fighter trains in boxing. we just see lil of it because they suck at boxing.
        Lol,this has rattled you.Holm has just ko'ed the ufc's biggest star.Dana White looked like he had seen a ghost lol.He couldn't stop looking at the floor in his interview lol.MY MONEYYYYYYYYYYY lol

Comment

I agree with you.But Holm won the fight using her 'boxing' skills.Her kickboxing played little to no part in the victory,it was one kick,when Ronda was hurt.She didn't set it up with any kickboxing,just boxing.

Just like when Toney crossed over for that one fight.MMA junkies loved it that they got 'one' over boxing.But when a 'boxer' crosses over and beats it's 'pin up girl'(main star)..etc etc we can't celebrate?

She didn't just beat her,she ****ed her right up....I say 'boxing' got one over MMA.....Go celebrate boxing fans!
          I think the complete opposite, how has boxing got one up over MMA when one of the best female boxers of all time thinks she is better off in the UFC because she can make more money and get more recognition there.

If anything it's an damning indictment of boxing that promoters, managers, trainers do so little to elevate and promote the women's game that someone like Holly Holm feels like she has a better chance in a completely different sport. That the boxing fans completely ignored Holly Holm in boxing until she decided to switch sports because the boxing fans refuse to take women's boxing seriously.

I don't like Dana White, at all (surprise not many MMA fans like Dana White) but he really got behind women's MMA because he recognized the commercial value and the skill these women have in a way that no boxing promoter has ever attempted to advance women's boxing in any meaningful way.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
            I think the complete opposite, how has boxing got one up over MMA when one of the best female boxers of all time thinks she is better off in the UFC because she can make more money and get more recognition there.

If anything it's an damning indictment of boxing that promoters, managers, trainers do so little to elevate and promote the women's game that someone like Holly Holm feels like she has a better chance in a completely different sport. That the boxing fans completely ignored Holly Holm in boxing until she decided to switch sports because the boxing fans refuse to take women's boxing seriously.

I don't like Dana White, at all (surprise not many MMA fans like Dana White) but he really got behind women's MMA because he recognized the commercial value and the skill these women have in a way that no boxing promoter has ever attempted to advance women's boxing in any meaningful way.

The market over here in the uk would not suggest that would be a wise idea by a british based promoter/manager because thee UK simply doesn't have the talent in either ufc or boxing...Jane Couch is one hell of a character and even she couldn't cross over.Why do you think Nicola Adams stopped in the amateur ranks rather than turning over?

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
              yeah by an mma fighter in an mma fight.

how is that boxing wins?

and why is it mma vs. boxing?

boxing is part of mma.
              These fuking morons think she was fighting Edith Matthysse or something. In a boxing ring under boxing rules.

I can see these little 10-12 year olds running around their house screaming boxing won boxing won woo woo woo...

Two questions...

Won what?

and How?

Comment

[/I]

The market over here in the uk would not suggest that would be a wise idea by a british based promoter/manager because thee UK simply doesn't have the talent in either ufc or boxing...Jane Couch is one hell of a character and even she couldn't cross over.Why do you think Nicola Adams stopped in the amateur ranks rather than turning over?
                I'm in the UK, you think womens UFC in america has a deep talent pool? Ronda, Cyborg, Holm and Tate. 4 Fighters worth talking about(one not even in the same weight class, one that already been destroyed by Ronda twice and one that is the wrong side of 30).

It's not about how deep the talent pool is, UFC poured millions in promoting Ronda as a spectacle. It was almost Mike Tyson esque in that no matter who you put in front of Ronda, not matter how awful they were at fighting she would sell out a stadium and close to a million PPVs after UFC 190

Do you think that more than a handful of guys who bought one of the 900k PPVs for Rondas last fight knew who Bethe Correia was? Of the 590,000 people that bought UFC 184 how many really knew who Zingano was? UFC 170 did 340,000 buys and Sara McMann is a nobody. No one cares (at least until this loss) who Ronda is across the ring from, the UFC gets behind there athletes like no other sport. The literally push them until people buy into the (over) hype. Everyone who follows MMA knew Ronda had huge holes in her striking game, except the casual fans.

You could create exactly the same sort of spectacle if a promoter got behind the right sort of female boxer, someone talented, good looking who finishes fights early. But no boxing promoter has ever had the faith in there female athletes to be marketable the way the UFC has and that is a damn shame that so many female boxers are undervalued,

Comment

I'm in the UK, you think womens UFC in america has a deep talent pool? Ronda, Cyborg, Holm and Tate. 4 Fighters worth talking about(one not even in the same weight class, one that already been destroyed by Ronda twice and one that is the wrong side of 30).

It's not about how deep the talent pool is, UFC poured millions in promoting Ronda as a spectacle. It was almost Mike Tyson esque in that no matter who you put in front of Ronda, not matter how awful they were at fighting she would sell out a stadium and close to a million PPVs after UFC 190

Do you think that more than a handful of guys who bought one of the 900k PPVs for Rondas last fight knew who Bethe Correia was? Of the 590,000 people that bought UFC 184 how many really knew who Zingano was? UFC 170 did 340,000 buys and Sara McMann is a nobody. No one cares (at least until this loss) who Ronda is across the ring from, the UFC gets behind there athletes like no other sport. The literally push them until people buy into the (over) hype. Everyone who follows MMA knew Ronda had huge holes in her striking game, except the casual fans.

You could create exactly the same sort of spectacle if a promoter got behind the right sort of female boxer, someone talented, good looking who finishes fights early. But no boxing promoter has ever had the faith in there female athletes to be marketable the way the UFC has and that is a damn shame that so many female boxers are undervalued,
                  10000% true.I've never followed MMA,i hate the sport.Boxing i love and i feel your pain in what you've wrote about womens boxing,but the public just don't want it.That's why no promoter in the UK dare goes near it.You get the odd card in the white collar game having a female fighter on,that's about it.

And boxing did get one over on the UFC last night.Be it by a 'former boxing champion' or current active female boxer,we had one crossover that whooped the UFC's main attraction.I say boxing wins this one.

Comment

I thought the UFC backed and promoted all their female fighters like no other?

Comment

I thought the UFC backed and promoted all their female fighters like no other?
                      They do, there just aren't that many of them. Isn't that exactly what I was talking about? UFC has four decent women bantamweights and all of them are earning far larger purses and getting far more promotion than any female boxer has ever earned in one night, in fact all 4 have probably earned more money than most female boxers in their entire career.

I understand what you are trying to say about boxing 'getting one over' on the UFC buy you don't hear Jujitsu practitioners screaming that they 'got one over' Judo or Wrestling or Muay Thai practitioners every time they submit someone. It doesn't feel that way to me. It feels like boxing lost one of the best female boxers to ever lace up the gloves to another sport and is driving fans to that sport because she didn't ever have the confidence of promoters in boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X