No announcement yet.

alexis arguello at lightweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alexis arguello at lightweight

Would he be a tough fight for the atg lightweights. I personally think his best weight was 130. What are your thoughts?

He was dominate at the time as a lightweight but I agree he was at his best at the lower weights.

Comment

I think he was as good at 135 as 130. He is amongst the best in history at both weights.

Comment

Arguello was an excellent lightweight and would have been remembered more with the greats at that weight class if he had finished his career there. I never thought that 140 was a very good fit for him.

Comment

And as I understand by what his countrymen fans of today say, there is still this unclarity about his death. If it was suicide or if he got murdered because of politics in a politically unstable country.

At boxrec, he is listed as the #2 all-time super featherweight behind Azumah Nelson (argue if you want).
          Reaching a top spot in the boxrec rankings, at least it means that computer-based rankings can get it right some of the times ...

Comment

I think arguello is atg at 130 and 135.. Sure 130 was probably his most dominate weight class, but he was still great 135.. I think he would be a tough out for anybody at lightweight including Duran, pernell, Ortiz, Leonard, etc..

Comment

Alexis Arguello was one the most respectful and likable champions ever!

Comment

The only fight I felt he lost at Lighweight was the Ramirez fight.

I actually watched Arguello live in the flesh at Lightweight when he fought Jim Watt.

Comment

Working...
                X