Cotto is clearly past prime for a couple of fights now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto is clearly past prime for a couple of fights now

It was a good fight against trout.

I dont think the scorecards was quite accurate. But Trout was able to rally in the mid rounds to come up with the victory.

He did conduct himself a bit of a sore grape at the interview for my taste atleast.

Cotto is too small at 154 as this fight showed.

It wasn't size that won the fight for Trout, he's just better than Cotto at everything.

Comment

Cotto typically imposes his strength to wrestle the clinchers off of him..but Trout's height and overall size was simply too much for Cotto..

Cotto should get one more decent win maybe in PR and call it a career..

Comment

Even if he was in his prime i think cotto would have lost
        Tonight he fought a bigger, stronger, faster, taller fighter who was a southpaw in a division cotto was clearly too small for
        Cotto never did well against southpaws, largely due to the fact that he has no right hand. Got badly stunned against Corley and got a gift stoppage, hurt by judah and resorted to low blows, knocked out by Pacquiao. Even the Quintana fight was competitive.

Cotto should return to WW, thats his natural weightclass.

Comment

I freaking told you fools but NOOOOOOO Cotto kicks everyone's ass at 154 apart from Mayweather yadda yadda.

You know I still think Cotto is upper tier at 154 being passed prime or not.

Comment

I don't think the weight class was the problem....Trout was rangier and would have fought the same type fight regardless of the weight....

I wonder whether as 140lb Cotto with the mentality he had then would have fared better.....?!?!?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
              It wasn't size that won the fight for Trout, he's just better than Cotto at everything.
              He was clearly bigger fighting an old past prime under sized Cotto.

But that trout body shots were quite a game changer.

Comment

Originally posted by .WaRCoTTo. View Post
                Cotto typically imposes his strength to wrestle the clinchers off of him..but Trout's height and overall size was simply too much for Cotto..

Cotto should get one more decent win maybe in PR and call it a career..
                fully agreed with your comment.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                  I freaking told you fools but NOOOOOOO Cotto kicks everyone's ass at 154 apart from Mayweather yadda yadda.

You know I still think Cotto is upper tier at 154 being passed prime or not.
                  "No really I swear I'm a Cotto fan"..

LMAO..you're such a fraud bro...it's cool..he lost to a better man tonight..it is what it is..part of the sport..

you on the other hand are beyond a hater..you need a medic or a girlfriend..it's pathetic..

Comment

Cotto's done. The big bear training camp didn't do **** to his stamina problems. He was done by the 9th round just like with mayweather.

Comment

Working...
                    X