Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What nationality do people confuse you for the most?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What nationality do people confuse you for the most?

I get Colombian and Puerto Rican a LOT from strangers. I never get Dominican, until like the 4th or 5th guess. People know i'm Hispanic, they just can't seem to guess my real nationality, because I guess they are use to seeing Dominicans a certain type of look and I don't fit that description.

What do YOU get the most, from strangers?

Off topic, today some one at work guessed I am Colombian[and then second guess was that I was Puerto Rican]. So I get home today and I finally check to see what is it that Colombian men look like, since several people have told me that. So I put on google images "Colombian men" and on the first line of pics, I see a couple of Amir Khan pics. So i'm like "WTF I don't look Pakistani!", and I hover over these Amir Khan pics, and the pics description is talking about Bredis Prescott. So I lol'ed that you google "Colombian men" and Amir Khan comes out because of what a Colombian man did to the poor guy

No one is confused looking at me, but when people see my last name is Costa they assume I'm Spanish, when I'm Portuguese. Close enough I guess.

I live in a really redneck town, and these morons at a convenience store said the Indian guy who runs the place is Guatemalan. Made no sense, but it was kind of funny.

Comment

I've gotten jewish once or twice(I'm puerto rican) I guess its the hair.

Comment

On Boxingscene...Black (???)

I've been mistaken for Mexican a couple times, but mostly it's Filipino. It's funny when people guess Chinese, Japanese, or Korean...I'm almost as dark as Wazaa's Indian ass.

Comment

U to kev???

I always get called either Colombian or Ecuadorian

I'm Salvadorian.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            No one is confused looking at me, but when people see my last name is Costa they assume I'm Spanish, when I'm Portuguese. Close enough I guess.

I live in a really redneck town, and these morons at a convenience store said the Indian guy who runs the place is Guatemalan. Made no sense, but it was kind of funny.
            What do you look like?

Mark Teixeira of the New York Yankees is Portuguese and he has black hair and is white skinned, looks American to me.

Lol at an Indian be Guatemalan

Comment

italian or rican. im scotch romanian

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post

I'd say italian.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronaldo Lover View Post
                  U to kev???

I always get called either Colombian or Ecuadorian

I'm Salvadorian.
                  YEAH, my friends have even told me I look Colombian. Even with google images, I still don't know what Colombian men look like

At work, I mostly work with Dominicans and when I tell them i'm Dominican too, they look at me with this surprised look, they don't believe it. Then it doesn't help that I don't speak Spanish like them, my Spanish sounds ******ed. And when they talk to me in Spanish I still answer in English, because I want to avoid them finding out my Spanish is horrible. I speak Spanish when it's a short answer like si or no, or small little sentences. I think I will learn more Spanish with my co-workers though cause they speak it so much.

Comment

I can go to a Colombian or Puerto Rican parade and blend right in.

Colombian chicks are really cute though. I would like to act as a Colombian for a Colombian parade and get some Colombians girls' digits. I have talked to two of them, and I would impregnate both of them if given the chance.

Comment

Working...
                    X