No announcement yet.

Glen Johnson: "Joe Calzaghe Was Scared. He Backed Out Of 3 Fights"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glen Johnson: "Joe Calzaghe Was Scared. He Backed Out Of 3 Fights"

Glen Johnson: "Well, Joe Calzaghe and I had 3 dates to fight and he backed out of every one of them.." Hit play for a 2 minute clip where Johnson reveals what happened during the potential Joe Calzaghe match up(s).

Get this widget | Track details | eSnips Social DNA

Joe ducked Johnson for a fight against a belt-holder like Lacy and Kessler. Its so terrible to fight ppl who have belts. Joe ducked Johnson for Eubank

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy Krueger View Post
      Joe ducked Johnson for a fight against a belt-holder like Lacy and Kessler. Its so terrible to fight ppl who have belts. Joe ducked Johnson for Eubank
      That doesn't add up. Glen Johnson is referring to the year 2004 after he beat Clinton Woods for the IBF light heavyweight title. Calzaghe fought virtual no-names Mger Mkrtchyan and Kabary Salem in 2004 who both didn't have world titles.

If he'd fought Johnson he could have actually fought for the light heavy title in 2004, or he could have defended his super middleweight title against a light heavy title holder. Much more respect for that than fighting Mkrtchyan and Salem.

Joe fought Eubank in 1997, Lacy in 2006 and Kessler in 2007 which is a completely different time period to what Johnson is referring to, so...

Comment

Lol! He thinks that Joe was scared of HIM?!? It wouldn't be a contest even, Joe would play with him!

Really, he must be smoking too much ganja these days...

Comment

Originally posted by Benncollinsaad View Post
          Lol! He thinks that Joe was scared of HIM?!? It wouldn't be a contest even, Joe would play with him!

Really, he must be smoking too much ganja these days...
          It's a shame we'll never know since Joe backed out of the fights.

How many people thought Glen would KO Jones Jr?

Comment

Originally posted by BEEHOP View Post
            It's a shame we'll never know since Joe backed out of the fights.

How many people thought Glen would KO Jones Jr?
            Roy was in no mental shape to be fighting anyone at that time, looked like he didn't even want to be there and it was sad to watch.....Glen is a good fighter but honestly pretty overrated on the boards. I hate to admit it because he is a tough guy and an everyman's fighter but its true.

Comment

no disprespect to joe, but we should all know(esspecially his fans) that's he's a bit of a frightened child, he was suppossedly scared of fighting lacy, good thing his father got him in the right mindstate
              i would'nt say calzaghe was not afraid of johnson, which he could've been
              but im also not gonna he would've lost to johnson because i just dont think he would

i can see calzaghe winning a ud only if he grew the balls

Comment

Johnson kept losing every time his opportunity was on the horizon.

Comment

Calzaghe would have beaten Johnson

Comment

No disrespect to Glen, but even he knew he was never a great fighter. He said it himself. He is a hardworking and tough journeyman who's had a few big successes in the sport. That's it. Joe is an extraordinary fighter, Glen is ordinary.

Comment

Working...
                    X