Lennox Lewis on the ridiculous claims that he is not English

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lennox Lewis on the ridiculous claims that he is not English

Quite interesting.

"I have always been English, ever since I emigrated from England and since the kids in Canada beat me up at the age of twelve for having an East London Cockney accent. I thank them for the cockney taunts because the beatings turned me on to boxing. But on a serious note Canada has been kind to me."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/talking_p...rum/566535.stm

Originally posted by hardmanbrit View Post
    Quite interesting.

"I have always been English, ever since I emigrated from England and since the kids in Canada beat me up at the age of twelve for having an East London Cockney accent. I thank them for the cockney taunts because the beatings turned me on to boxing. But on a serious note Canada has been kind to me."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/talking_p...rum/566535.stm
    Yeah, his Florida home is set right in the middle of the Yorkshire Dales. Thats a British guy there.

Comment

so basically he's definitely saying he's Canadian?

Comment

Originally posted by timba1988 View Post
        Yeah, his Florida home is set right in the middle of the Yorkshire Dales. Thats a British guy there.

So, if I move to America tomorrow and buy a huge house I am automatically American?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe's left hook View Post
          So, if I move to America tomorrow and buy a huge house I am automatically American?
          I say you're totally fucked coz the economy's real bad today you wouldn't be able to pay the mortgage.

Comment

No, if you move to Canada when you are 7, live there for most of your life, move to Britain for a few years, get famous and move to America...then you are a Canadian.

Comment

Originally posted by timba1988 View Post
              No, if you move to Canada when you are 7, live there for most of your life, move to Britain for a few years, get famous and move to America...then you are a Canadian.

Lennox was born and bred in England.

He said himself that in the latter part of his childhood he ended up in Canada and was beaten for having an English accent.

Just because he moved to Canada as a kid doesn't mean he is a Canadian.

Comment

Lennox was born and bred in England.

He said himself that in the latter part of his childhood he ended up in Canada and was beaten for having an English accent.

Just because he moved to Canada as a kid doesn't mean he is a Canadian.
                I love his Yank accent.

Comment

Lennox is English, his mum emigranted to Canada to give them a better life whats wrong with that?

Now I have lived in Canada, America and France. But I am English I was born here and proud of it. I think it sticks in a lot of americans throats that a non america was world heavyweight champion.

The only negative point I guess with him representing Canada which sticks in some peoples throats over in England.

However he is English to me.

Comment

Even Britain called Lewis a Canadian when he turned pro. He was trashed all over the media and he was made fun of for having a 'Canadian' accent. and he was even booed and heckled going to the ring against Bruno. Only after he ko'd bruno did the UK fans jump on his bandwagon and called him one of their own.

And by this same logic, it would mean that Margarito is American since he was born in California. But everyone knows that he is a mexican cuz thats where he grew up and learned how to box.

Comment

Working...
                    X