Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just remember guys Rigonducks excuses.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
    While I would generally agree, that if fights don't happen it's both fighters fault. But not in this situation.

We have too much evidence, articles, interviews, videos, of what took place during their first negotiations back in 2015.

Rigo was the one that made countless demands. Regarding weight and money. He went from 126 to rehydration clause, to CW, to "$500,000" is not enough etc.

Then, once the negotiations fell apart, around early 2016 Rigondeaux comes out and said he's willing to move up to 126 to fight Leo Santa Cruz. So 126 for Lomachenko is not ok, but he was willing to move up to 126 to fight LSC?

It's funny what has happened since then. Lomachenko has gone on to become a two division world champion, developing his resume and Rigo has done nothing besides have 3 meaningless fights with fighters no has ever heard of. So now, Lomachenko is in the power position, and Rigo is begging him for a shot.
    Rigo's team consists of a roster of buffoons. I take everything they say with a grain of salt.

There is a lot of bias in your arguments because only Team Loma is allowed to negotiate.

You're basically telling me that they only way the fight happens is if Rigo conceded to everything and in top of that, takes a smaller purse split which is unrealistic.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
      Rigo will follow the Floyd formula of never fight an elite at his best. Gonzalez has been through too many wars and Rigo has fought in naturally bigger weight classes. Gary Russell Jr. would be a much better fight for Rigo at 126 or 130. As would Gervonta Davis. Why isn't anyone talking Davis since they are evenly matched on paper?
      Rigo fought Donaire at his best. Lol

I believe notions of fighting Chocolatito came about when Rigo's handlers started becoming desperate to find him a big name opponent. I think the offer to move up to 126 are practically exclusive to a Lomo. It's a move Rigo has begrudgingly offered. I don't think he'll do it for anyone else. He simply wants to stay at 122.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
        Rigo's team consists of a roster of buffoons. I take everything they say with a grain of salt.

There is a lot of bias in your arguments because only Team Loma is allowed to negotiate.

You're basically telling me that they only way the fight happens is if Rigo conceded to everything and in top of that, takes a smaller purse split which is unrealistic.
        Haha Amen to that. And think about it, who would surround himself with that kind of personnel? Rigo is pretty quick witted and great inside the ring, but his business acumen leaves much to desired.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          Rigo fought Donaire at his best. Lol

I believe notions of fighting Chocolatito came about when Rigo's handlers started becoming desperate to find him a big name opponent. I think the offer to move up to 126 are practically exclusive to a Lomo. It's a move Rigo has begrudgingly offered. I don't think he'll do it for anyone else. He simply wants to stay at 122.
          Donaire? He's not an elite level fighter. Not a bad win for Rigo, but thus far that has been the highlight of his career which he has chosen to stall by avoiding certain fighters. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see him fight Loma at 126 or 130, but he had a chance to do that and he let it slip. Now there are other big fights out there like Russell Jr. and Davis. Of course they have to be willing to fight Rigo too, so it isn't all on him.

Comment

A lot of fans picked up the social media exchanges which was initiated by Rigondeux.
            Chenko got sick of it and called his bluff. Accepted most of the Cuban's demands.
            Then all of a sudden Rigo wanted twice the amount he himself asked for.
            That's why these people who are allegedly ducking him should be calling his bluff. Believe me he will price himself up and make it difficult to make.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
              Donaire? He's not an elite level fighter. Not a bad win for Rigo, but thus far that has been the highlight of his career which he has chosen to stall by avoiding certain fighters. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see him fight Loma at 126 or 130, but he had a chance to do that and he let it slip. Now there are other big fights out there like Russell Jr. and Davis. Of course they have to be willing to fight Rigo too, so it isn't all on him.
              He was when Rigo fought him. Nonito was P4P #4 at the time of the Rigo fight in 2013, and had won Fighter of the Year in 2012. Donaire has fallen from those great heights since, but let's not forget who he was when Rigo taxed his ass.

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
                A lot of fans picked up the social media exchanges which was initiated by Rigondeux.
                Chenko got sick of it and called his bluff. Accepted most of the Cuban's demands.
                Then all of a sudden Rigo wanted twice the amount he himself asked for.
                That's why these people who are allegedly ducking him should be calling his bluff. Believe me he will price himself up and make it difficult to make.
                Where is your source that Rigo Agree to 500k?

Rio never agree to that money. And that wasn't on the negotiation for the fights.

I'll wait for your source.

Comment

Originally posted by el_locoteee View Post
                  Where is your source that Rigo Agree to 500k?

Rio never agree to that money. And that wasn't on the negotiation for the fights.

I'll wait for your source.
                  Rigondeux set his own price which was $500K.
                  Quite a hefty sum for a boring fighter. He's not even worth $50K in my book.
                  Surprisingly enough, Chenko's promoter called his bluff.
                  All of a sudden, the Cuban wanted $1 mil.
                  The beggar suddenly plays chooser.

Comment

Santa Cruz and Frampton moved to 126 to avoid Rigo. What makes you think they would fight him now?

Rigo already had his career defining fight. I don't think he will ever fight another opponent as good as Donaire.
                    They moved there for bigger fights. Rigo is so over rated. He wasted his career on the shelf.

Comment

Santa Cruz and Frampton moved to 126 to avoid Rigo. What makes you think they would fight him now?

Rigo already had his career defining fight. I don't think he will ever fight another opponent as good as Donaire.
                      What do u mean? Santa Cruz is a Champ. The WBA would easily mandate Cruz vs Rigo by ranks alone. You think Cruz would vacate his strap?

Comment

Working...
                      X