No announcement yet.

Rigondeaux's fight to be changed to a no decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
    It's the right call. Regardless if the fight would've ended up being with Rigo KO'ing Chucky out cold
    If a guy isn't really KO'd is it the right call? I mean I know its not that simple a question reallllllly to start with buuuuuut.....

Lets say if a guy is fouled & its not a catastrophic fight ending event, but a foul that likely would have been a soft warning or at worst a point deducted if not for the victim of the foul acting like it is a catastrophic fight ending event doesn't that get into a grayer area then the black & white of the rulebook on a catastrophic fight ending event rule that the rulebook speaks on?

Edit: Although looking at the rulebook it seems like faking an injury is fair game in boxing. Its against the rules in MMA doe.

Timidity, including, without limitation, avoiding contact with an opponent, intentionally or consistently dropping the mouthpiece or faking an injury.

Comment

Rigo is unwatchable. The nerve of Paulie Malignaggi to say we should appreciate boxers who dont go toe and toe and be defensive. The two are not mutually exclusive. Rigo does not belong on the televised portion of any card.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        No doubt. We all (well, most of us) know Rigo can be a bore, but against a guy who actually throws punches, he can be interesting to watch. Flores was shaping up to be a good opponent for Rigo to show his stuff. Looks like he decided to take the easy way out after realizing he wasn't in Rigo's league.
        I'll tell you what I loved, when Rigo held him and started teeing off. I'm not saying I'm a fan of fouling itself, but I loved that he got gritty and tried to create some drama for the fans. Rigo's game is so tight, he can afford to make calculated risks. I hope he's starting to embrace that and I'd like to see him go after it more in future fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          I'll tell you what I loved, when Rigo held him and started teeing off. I'm not saying I'm a fan of fouling itself, but I loved that he got gritty and tried to create some drama for the fans. Rigo's game is so tight, he can afford to make calculated risks. I hope he's starting to embrace that and I'd like to see him go after it more in future fights.
          I once felt that way...but I've given up hope. Lol Rigo's too set in his ways. He's got about a million fights under his belt, and he'll be 37 in September.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            If a guy isn't really KO'd is it the right call? I mean I know its not that simple a question reallllllly to start with buuuuuut.....

Lets say if a guy is fouled & its not a catastrophic fight ending event, but a foul that likely would have been a soft warning or at worst a point deducted if not for the victim of the foul acting like it is a catastrophic fight ending event doesn't that get into a grayer area then the black & white of the rulebook on a catastrophic fight ending event rule that the rulebook speaks on?

Edit: Although looking at the rulebook it seems like faking an injury is fair game in boxing. Its against the rules in MMA doe.
            Yes a NC is the right call. The initial infraction should have been both guys threw clearly after the bell.

"milking it" happens in every sport.

This decision was on the referee's discretion. He made the call, a bad one, IMO. I think you give Flores the 5 minutes, see if he wants to continue. If he's milked it to the point where the cows can't come home and the fight is stopped, then give them a NC.

I didn't blame Flores for acting, I blame him for not continuing if he could have, but he was a beaten fighter in round 1 and I think he knew it.

Comment

I didn't blame Flores for acting, I blame him for not continuing if he could have, but he was a beaten fighter in round 1 and I think he knew it.
              I think he knew it, too. Every time he swung he hit nothing but air. And although Rigo only landed two punches himself, they had some mustard on them. A lot of people don't realize Rigo hits very hard. There's a reason why fighters don't open up against him. It tends to make for a boring fight because Rigo is a counterpuncher by nature.

Comment

Should be a dq but idc as long as I don't have to see him on tv ever again

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                  I think he knew it, too. Every time he swung he hit nothing but air. And although Rigo only landed two punches himself, they had some mustard on them. A lot of people don't realize Rigo hits very hard. There's a reason why fighters don't open up against him. It tends to make for a boring fight because Rigo is a counterpuncher by nature.
                  What can you do when you've probably trained to land a punch from the right angle, defeat him with volume, maybe bully him only to get stung by that beautiful left he has?

Probably exactly what Flores did.

Comment

I think that his opponet took a dive but its my opinion

Comment

What can you do when you've probably trained to land a punch from the right angle, defeat him with volume, maybe bully him only to get stung by that beautiful left he has?

Probably exactly what Flores did.
                      Agreed. It's demoralizing.

Comment

Working...
                      X