No announcement yet.

Watching these First Take guys talk boxing is cringe worthy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
    Screamin A's old contract was rumored to be 2 million a year. He re-upped this year, so lord knows how much he is being paid now.

that is disturbing. i gotta start saying "this dude is a superstar" and acting like it's compelling material. maybe disney will pay me two million to be on TV for 10 hours a week.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      which is significant

those two get paid half a million a year each, last i checked. they could at least, you know, watch a couple of fights before they talk boxing on national TV
      They're paid hypemen - here on NSB we're unpaid hypemen

Two branches from the same tree

If you read the comments here, you would think that none of these fools watch boxing either. It's all the same...press is press. That show is highly syndicated. No one other than Oscar has been promoting this fight. A little bit of love from Skip and co. isn't bad and they're entertaining and to be honest, their "analysis" isn't too far off from mainstream boxing writers. One thinks youth will prevail and the other thinks experience will prevail

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
        Screamin A's old contract was rumored to be 2 million a year. He re-upped this year, so lord knows how much he is being paid now.
        And Skip's contract is almost up. Apparently he's putting it out there that he doesn't like SAS and might jump ship to Fox Sports, so he'll get paid good by ESPN, too.

Comment

They could use some fact checking, but their analysis of the fight and fighters wasn't that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            And Skip's contract is almost up. Apparently he's putting it out there that he doesn't like SAS and might jump ship to Fox Sports, so he'll get paid good by ESPN, too.

evidently skip bayless lives a monastic existence because he thinks he's importatnt enough that his job neccessitates it . eats the same stuff every day, no alcohol, drugs, added sugars, etc.

from what i have heard, stephen A just strolls into work 10 minutes before they go on air. skip gets there hours early and works tirelessly. both methods produce garbage

Comment

This is awful. They should only be allowed to talk about Football and basketball

Comment

I stopped watching that channel some time ago

Comment

I can't stand these 2 idiots....never did and never could

Comment

They don't say anything of substance for trying to talk about the sport on national TV.

Comment

Working...
                    X