• Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. trinidad
    2. de la hoya
    3. jones jr
    4. tarver
    5. pavlik
    Last edited by ghost deini; 09-29-2011, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -KPB- View Post
      Yep, along with justifications as to why they are p4p better than Tarver, Johnson, Pascal........

Remember its you who rates the Klits so highly...(didnt you say they were both top ten ATG Hw's)....so I was expecting you to name them off at the top of your head........
      Chris Byrd: Over Johnson and Pascal

Samuel Peter: Over Johnson

Tony Tompson: Over Johnson

Hasim Rahman: Over Johnson and Pascal

Brigs: Over Pascal, Johnson and maybe Tarver

Gomez(the Cuban guy): over Johnson

Pretty sure there is more but that's like off the top of my head.

Just remember the HW IS IT'S OWN DIVISION and if there was a Super HW, you'd have a case. So if you're going to belittle the Klits, you might as well belittle all the HW greats because most of them had good+ wins vs CWs.

Comment

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
        This guy has had so many big fights throughout his career, it's hard to determine which was more important than the other.

In your opinion, whether he won or lost, what are your top 5 most significant bouts in Bernard Hopkin's career?
        1) Pascal II
        2) Trinidad
        3) De Lay Hoya
        4) Jones jr.
        5) Calzaghe

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
          Chris Byrd: Over Johnson and Pascal

Samuel Peter: Over Johnson

Tony Tompson: Over Johnson

Hasim Rahman: Over Johnson and Pascal

Brigs: Over Pascal, Johnson and maybe Tarver

Gomez(the Cuban guy): over Johnson

Pretty sure there is more but that's like off the top of my head.

Just remember the HW IS IT'S OWN DIVISION and if there was a Super HW, you'd have a case. So if you're going to belittle the Klits, you might as well belittle all the HW greats because most of them had good+ wins vs CWs.

This is the sorry ass list you could produce.........lol

Im talking about the TIME they fought these opponents.....lol at Briggs....WTF were you thinking.....at that stage of his career, he was was completely shot...remind me who he had beaten before Vitali in his last few matches......remind me who Briggs had beaten who was even in the same calibre of fighter that Tarver had beaten in a faded Roy Jones Jr.......

Same with Hasim Rahman, at the time of his lost to Vitali, he had beaten no one of any note, nor did he go on to beat anyone of any note.....

I will give you Samuel peter, but thats only becuz Im generous....

GOMEZ.... .....I wont even go into that one, lol.....

Again, Tarver had just come off impressive victrories over a faded Roy Jones Jr (still better than any of the names that the fighter you listed had beaten before facing the Klits...)

Pascal had just come off beating the man in the division Chad Dawson......

And before Hopkins stopped Glen Johnson, he had never been stopped, never lost ....plus went on to give Dawson, Cloud hard fights.......

Gomez...lulz.......

Comment

This is the sorry ass list you could produce.........lol

Im talking about the TIME they fought these opponents.....lol at Briggs....WTF were you thinking.....at that stage of his career, he was was completely shot...remind me who he had beaten before Vitali in his last few matches......remind me who Briggs had beaten who was even in the same calibre of fighter that Tarver had beaten in a faded Roy Jones Jr.......

Same with Hasim Rahman, at the time of his lost to Vitali, he had beaten no one of any note, nor did he go on to beat anyone of any note.....

I will give you Samuel peter, but thats only becuz Im generous....

GOMEZ.... .....I wont even go into that one, lol.....

Again, Tarver had just come off impressive victrories over a faded Roy Jones Jr (still better than any of the names that the fighter you listed had beaten before facing the Klits...)

Pascal had just come off beating the man in the division Chad Dawson......

And before Hopkins stopped Glen Johnson, he had never been stopped, never lost ....plus went on to give Dawson, Cloud hard fights.......

Gomez...lulz.......
            Like I said, that's just off the top of my head. You're exactly right about Pacal.....BEATING ONLY ONE MAN. You also said P4P so I based it off a career and none of those 3 you mentioned aren't anywhere near the P4P list currently or have been in a while. It's also kinda IRONIC that you give someone credit for beating a "faded" fighter over another. Roy Jones is one of boxing's most overrated people and I like Roy (sort of) but that's another thread. Now if you truly want me to write you an essay about it, I can. You could laugh at the list but as much as I like Johnson, he really didn't do much and neither did Tarver besides being a top 10 boxer for a while and beating an overrated Green. I can discredit them just as easily as you did the guys I picked right off the bat.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
              Like I said, that's just off the top of my head. You're exactly right about Pacal.....BEATING ONLY ONE MAN. You also said P4P so I based it off a career and none of those 3 you mentioned aren't anywhere near the P4P list currently or have been in a while. It's also kinda IRONIC that you give someone credit for being a "faded" fighter over another. Roy Jones is one of boxing's most overrated people and I like Roy (sort of) but that's another thread. Now if you truly want me to write you an essay about it, I can. You could laugh at the list but as much as I like Johnson, he really didn't do much and neither did Tarver besides being a top 10 boxer for a while and beating an overrated Green. I can discredit them just as easily as you did the guys I picked right off the bat.
              Well, Pascal also gave Froch (another fighter you like) a very tough fight before moving up.......

Of course the opponents of the fighters I listed are overrated, because it doesnt suit your agenda......

Tarvers win over faded Roy Jones jr > Any figher that the boxers you listed faced before fighting the Klits........

And again, if Roy Jones Jr is overrated, then I honestly dont know what to say about the fighters you listed as being good names on the resume for the Klits COMBINED.......lets not forget, its you who rates the Klits so highly and have them in your top 10...so I was hoping that the names would be spectacular......

Comment

lol don't waste your time Mr. Fantastic has already admitted he was absolutely crushed when bernard destroyed tito and he's hated him ever since. He wont deny it.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                  lol don't waste your time Mr. Fantastic has already admitted he was absolutely crushed when bernard destroyed tito and he's hated him ever since. He wont deny it.
                  You're confusing me with a PR son. Wrong guy twat. I ought to red k for that remark. lol

Comment

Most significant fights:

1. Jones Jr - it was his real first test and his first shot at a title. He went on to learn from this loss and go on a great winning streak.

2. Mercado 2 - Won his first world title.

3. Trinidad - Biggest fight of his career. He was a huge underdog and was supposed to lose by KO. He went on to put on a great performance eventually stopping Trinidad in the last round. Unified the middleweight titles.

4. Tarver - His middleweight reign ended with close controversial losses to Jermain Taylor. He moved up two weight classes to face the best fighter at 175 in Tarver. Hopkins was a huge underdog but went on to dominate Tarver over 12 rounds.

5. Pascal 2 - After losing lineal light heavyweight title to Calzaghe in 08 ( close fight), He went on to regain the lineal title against Pascal and he also became the oldest fighter to win a major title in boxing history.

Best wins:

1. Trinidad
                    2. Tarver
                    3. Pascal
                    4. De La Hoya
                    5. Pavlik

Comment

Well, Pascal also gave Froch (another fighter you like) a very tough fight before moving up.......

Of course the opponents of the fighters I listed are overrated, because it doesnt suit your agenda......

Tarvers win over faded Roy Jones jr > Any figher that the boxers you listed faced before fighting the Klits........

And again, if Roy Jones Jr is overrated, then I honestly dont know what to say about the fighters you listed as being good names on the resume for the Klits COMBINED.......lets not forget, its you who rates the Klits so highly and have them in your top 10...so I was hoping that the names would be spectacular......
                      Pascal still lost?

Dominating a division>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>a win over a faded Jones.

I do have them in my top 10 because I actually took the time on my spare time to watch a lot of fights from previous greats, analyzed, and then compared achievements. That didn't happen overnight, just over the years. Klits definitely hold their own.

Don't like my opinion then that sucks for you.

Comment

Working...
                      X