Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz Turned Down $5M, Asked For $10M To Fight Joshua 6/1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
    Hey, they're Americans. It's their right to be ******ed. It's in the constitution I think. Haha
    Lmao good one. But seriously you need to be an imbecile to call 5m for low profile like Ortiz a lowball.

Comment

• Originally posted by PotentialToast View Post
      Good points. What ever happens, I'd have Ruiz on a retainer to stay fit for AJ and then Whyte in July. Bit sloppy of Hearn not to have a back up plan in place for NY with so many travelling fans. He has before with Takam for Pulev. Impressed with Hunter. He tweeted he would stand in for AJ and also Whyte (Rivas has had licence problems)
      Ya know idk why boxing doesn't do that more often. The UFC does this sometimes on the record & I'm positive a lot more often off the record cuz no one saves a combat sport show like the UFC can. A surprising amount of time the late sub fight can even be bigger than the fight they scheduled.

I guess maybe boxing is too dependent on the headline fight...but sh^t man in cases where the show must go on like it probably is with this June 1 event with a ton of UK fans having flights booked probably it seems reckless to not pay a guy training expenses & a lil something on top or just insure he fights on the same date vs SOMEBODY to have a plan B ready to go if needed.

Comment

• Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
        I don't know, man....seems like everybody's turning down Hearn's money nowadays. Lol

On one hand, I feel Ortiz's team is slightly inept, given Ortiz hasn't made that much money in his career. On the other hand, maybe they're playing hardball to see just how much they can get.

If it's the latter, I understand.

IF, and I mean IF they really want Ortiz to step in and make this "I never wanted to see Joshua/Miller in the first place" fight an actual event.

So, yes, I feel Ortiz DOES deserve what Miller was getting, because let's face, ain't no ****in way in hell Miller deserved that much bread in the first place.

Ortiz almost knocked Wilder out in New York last year....pay homage and pay the man, especially since he only has 6 weeks to prepare.

C'mon, Eddie...you can't be Mr. Tight Money Grip forever. I believe this is Joshua's US debut...make it worth it for the fans this one time.
        Mr tight money grip?

Have you even heard yourself?

You people are beyond help at this point. None of you make any f3cking sense. I'd wish to be put down if my intellect and reasoning was this bad.

The market value for Ortiz at the maximum is 500K. Anything over that is a blessing. But he actually LOST the fight for his biggest payday. So his pay should go down, not up when getting another shot. But he's still turning down 5 Mill.

Logic is lost in the US, man. And it's never going to happen for you guys. Ever.

Comment

• anyone on here who's arguing that ortiz got lowballed is saying 2 things:
          1. they acknowledge that AJ is the true cash cow of the heavyweight division, and should get the lion's share in a wilder fight, and
          2. AJ's 3/4 belts do count for something.

Comment

• If they were willing to pay 6 mil for a 350 pound burger, then yes, Ortiz is worth 10.

Comment

• Both sides will lie unless we see contracts offered. Ortiz nuts if he doesn’t take same 6 miller offered he will say he’s worth more bigger name and saving show. He shouldn’t be offered less than Miller either. Get it done

Comment

• This is Beyonce Wildher level of ducking!

Comment

• He needs a few more days of drinking the "magic tea" to cleanse his body. There's no other logical explanation for turning down a fight for more than what he has earned or will earn on the few fights he's got left.

Comment

• How much did AJ make for his April date in Wembly? He'll probably get the same in NY.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pennsauken1 View Post
                      Good move by Ortiz, they need someone to save the day that is QUALIFIED, I’m not talking Micheal Hunter, Manuel Charr or Pulev material. On a five week notice and someone who is better than Big Ped Miller, and he is going to make a lot of money with rematch with Wilder, now we need Skipper to step in, slap Eddie Sperm in the head and save the day and give Ortiz what he is asking for
                      Ortiz is a big PED head himself, stupid.

And no, they aren't going to pay Ortiz more than 5 Mill to fight Wilder in the rematch because they'll lose too much money on the fight. Although I hope they do so I can laugh at the business sense of Haymon and co. It's hilarious watching ******s display their ****** skills on the world stage. Haha.

Comment

Working...
                      X