Team Golovkin says Ryota Murata is next. Not Charlo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Golovkin says Ryota Murata is next. Not Charlo

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gmIYtVrZkQQ

GGG said he wouldn't fight again this year. If Jermall fights an undisclosed opponent in December, why can't G fight Jermall next spring? Say March?

I remember once upon a time when guys would do this to GGG and his fan base would criticize said fighter for ducking saying it's not about the money but the best fighting the best.

Here we have G doing the same thing to current opponents that were supposedly done to him and his fan base justify it. The same fans who now say it's ok to make business decisions, but before only wanted the best to fight the best.

I came to the conclusion a long time ago that according to this site, It's not about logic and objectivity, but only a matter of whether or not you like said fighter. If you do, you'll defend that fighter, right or wrong regardless... Almost like a mother and her child

Whos defending it? Its a trash fight, one i have no interest in.

Comment

... GGG didn't even sign with some "platform" (Showtime, DAZN, or ESPN)... but Murata is Top Rank (ESPN)...

Comment

Meh. Not a bad fight... I'd probably prefer Jermall but honestly in terms of what either has proven at MW there's not a lot in it. Actually now I come to think of it Murata vs Jermall would be a nice styles match-up too.

Honestly Golovkin can do what he pleases now he doesn't have the belts to defend and is easing towards retirement... but then I wasn't one of the guys that criticised other fighters for 'business decisions' or went around calling fighters 'duckers' or some such rubbish so I guess I got the right to say that without being too much the hypocrite..

Comment

Next to 50,000 people

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
            Whos defending it? Its a trash fight, one i have no interest in.
            Murata's a decent fighter, man. I'd prefer Jermall, Jacobs / Sergei or possibly the incoming WBO titlist (though I'll have to wait and see how they both look on Saturday to place 'em above Ryota), but it definitely ain't what I'd call 'trash'.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              ... GGG didn't even sign with some "platform" (Showtime, DAZN, or ESPN)... but Murata is Top Rank (ESPN)...
              ... I guess nobody would sign GGG now... tbh...

Comment

Waiting for the ggg fans to jump in and yell, he's past his prime, he can make excuses, no belts now, most feared fighter of his generation don't duck but instead, they are just inactive and cherry picking since he's 36. Sounds like he's going to retire with his best win Danny Jacobs and blown up Kell brook. Sad but looking more likely. He will retire never even beat a ranked p4p fighter. Not one! The supposedly greatest mw in history second to Marvin Hagler. Gtfo

Comment

I’m not a fan of “Fast Eddie” but dude said it best if Charlo or GGG want to fight for a MW title they’ll have to fight on DAZN. By the end of October all middleweight belts will most likely be held by DAZN fighters IBF Jacobs, WBO Andrade, WBA/WBC Canelo they’ll have a monopoly on the 160 lbs division.

Comment

And how is this fight not trash. Even worse than the fielding fight. Ggg again fighting the physical weaker, less skilled opponent. But everyone ducked ggg until they didn't! Most feared except he wasn't ggg.

Comment

Working...
                    X