No announcement yet.

To Pimp a Butterfly

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
    I thought you were joking but you're right, it's ****in terrible. The sound of the album is awful. It's like a mix between willie hutch, Curtis mayfield and 90s west coast, which I love but this just sounds like a cheap knockoff. Not to the mention the fact he thinks he's Gil Scott heron with a weird andre 3000 type voice. Maybe I'm just old and have heard it all before, so maybe I'm not the best judge for something of this generation, but this isn't impressive.
    If you have to convince yourself music is good instead of just listening to it then maybe it's not good lol

This dude right here is iller than any song on that album.

Last edited by DARKSEID; 03-24-2015, 01:49 PM.

Comment

I don't get the Kendrick Lamar infatuation i tried to like good kid Maad City i gave it too many chances its just an ok album this one i gave it one listen not feeling it not looking forward to replay it

Comment

I'm just not sure I'm feeling the sound of this album overall. The last album had great beats and Kendrick went in on every verse. This album looks like he's trying to be artsy and prove something. I'm cool with that but I'm not going to listen to it a lot. I like The Price of a Dollar, u, Wesley's Theory, and Blacker the Berry most I think.

Everyone keeps saying he is doing something different. Imo the new ghost album works a lot better as a soul/rap album. The sound goes together much better. The two work well

Comment

I have to say, the more I listen to this album, I find more to like. Its real subtle. Likw for instance. The song Momma is tight, and was hidden by the for sale interlude. Because the for sale interlude tests your patience, as I coulda did without it on the album. But Momma goes hard as shiet. I'll be back with more on my thoughts of this album. But as far as Im concerned its still not as good as the 1st album, but its very solid and gaining ground daily with me.

Oh yea, Hood Politics is cold den a b1tch too. That might be my cut on this album.
          Last edited by Chief2ndzOnly!; 03-26-2015, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
            Its not the world beater that they was makin it out to be, but its very solid. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than that shiet they tryin to sell us now(excluding Krit, Curen$$ey, and L.E.$.)

I was impressed with the complexity of the album after I gave it a 2nd listen. Give it another listen, when its just you and your thoughts my man(on a system might I not add), and it'll jump out and get atcha.
            I definitely agree its better than the mindless garbage out there now but it still aint my thang. I got a great system with a sub at my place and it still didnt make me like it lol.

Comment

take chiefz advice and give it a second listen.

theres a lot of subtle things going on that you dont pick up on straight away, but once you piece it all together what seemed bland the first time is nearly overwhelming.

there is just so much content on this album. people say rappers all say the same things and reinvent the same rhymes and they are often right. thats not the case with this album, it really is different both in terms of lyricism and beats.

i still hold tetsuo & youth ahead of it.. i think.. its really close.

Comment

This album was utter shlt. Tried to listen to it twice. Im still baffled that dr was the producer on this album.

I will go on to say this is as horrible as yeezus. These mainstream guys need to step their game up.

Comment

Mixed reviews here huh?

I'd rather listen to TPAB than Section.80 and GKMC. If it matters I'm not too big on Kendrick at all really.

Hood Politics and How Much A Dollar Cost are my cuts right now.

Comment

Albums dope as f.u.ck , not saying it's a classic and the whole album isn't pure fire but for the newer school rappers Kendricks one of the few bringing the heat lyrically and sonically.

Comment

I don't like him.

Comment

Working...
                      X