Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Munguia-Hogan Scoring: Judges Agreed On Just Six of 12 Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
    When he missed his uppercut it looked like in mortal kombat 2 where they miss by a mile and then stand there with their arm in the air for a second before resetting.
    The only thing missing was the fireball

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
      The fastest fighter I’ve ever seen live is Floyd
      When we caught the replay we couldn’t believe how many punches we had missed and we had great seats
      He’d put together four five punches and we’d only see two
      So yeah ,quite objective to each’s own
      Right. I was at the Floyd vs Judah card. Even the “No knockdown” call is highly debated. People think that Floyd vs Tenzin was staged. In Slomo u can see the head snap back and the sweat fly. It’s not like anyone call tell u how the scam worked by making Floyd win an exhibition with no odds? If everyone got rich than whose money did they take? They hoped Tenzin would look good and get cred like Connor. But back to ur point, yes So many announcers call punches that end up being misses or vice versa in the replay. I love it when someone like Roy contradicts them and is usually proven right on replay. I’m not a big bare knuckle fan, but when I see them trade it’s hard to see what lands. When they split up one guys face is cut up, and sometimes it takes a replay to see what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Blond Beast View Post
        Right. I was at the Floyd vs Judah card. Even the “No knockdown” call is highly debated. People think that Floyd vs Tenzin was staged. In Slomo u can see the head snap back and the sweat fly. It’s not like anyone call tell u how the scam worked by making Floyd win an exhibition with no odds? If everyone got rich than whose money did they take? They hoped Tenzin would look good and get cred like Connor. But back to ur point, yes So many announcers call punches that end up being misses or vice versa in the replay. I love it when someone like Roy contradicts them and is usually proven right on replay. I’m not a big bare knuckle fan, but when I see them trade it’s hard to see what lands. When they split up one guys face is cut up, and sometimes it takes a replay to see what happened.

I seen Floyd cheap shot Gattilier and then tear him apart
        Poor Gatti he took some real punishment in that fight
        He was catching everything with his head

Comment

My card:

Swing rounds: 1,2,4,5,7,11
          Mung: 3, 6,12
          Hogan: 8,9,10

-----------------------------

2 judges gave round 9 to mung which i thought hogan clearly won

The scoring on the swing rounds was split between the judges except round 5 where all three judges gave it to mung

Scoring is not terrible imo

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
            I seen Floyd cheap shot Gattilier and then tear him apart
            Poor Gatti he took some real punishment in that fight
            He was catching everything with his head
            I’m Canadian, my family loved Gatti. Floyd beat him like a drum. I’ve seen Floyd since he turned pro. We called him “the last of the undefeated” next to his contemporaries. I always thought Floyd would win every fight and prolly wouldn’t bet against him vs anyone in history below 154. I knew he’d shut down Manny. Only fights I thought were close were the first JLC and first Maidana. “I damn near feel every punch coming” is one of my favourite quotes. Lots of people talk smack about Floyd and say which old time fighters would whoop him. But I never seem to get a straight answer when I ask how their pics went in actual Floyd fights?

Comment

I partied with Gatti a few times
              Great guy , wild but ok
              I’m from MTL
              Floyd was crafty in the ring and very good at it
              The only disappointment he enjoyed marinating a la Bobfather and worried about his O
              I thought Pac beat him
              Also JLC and the first Maidana fight had the makings of a great fight but you had Sir Kenny not allowing them to fight
              Wtv it’s spilt milk done and over

Comment

Had they scored it a draw, Munguia would still have kept his belt...

Comment

Mungia was exposed. If he moves up and fights GGG, he gets ktfo easily.

Comment

I scored it a draw too. The final total punches landed between these two was separated by 1 single punch. Munguia out landed Hogan in 7 of the 12 rounds. The outcry of robbery is foolish. It was a close fight according to punch stats, and judges scores it was sloppy and the fact that the judges could only agree on 6 rounds shows you just how many swing rounds the fight had.

Comment

Working...
                    X