No announcement yet.

The Most Complete Boxer Ever

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
    *Yawn*.... Your extreme ignorance has become boring. Come up with some new material.
    Surrender accepted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
      Awwww, now that I've dumped you, you're trying to find a new beau.

I hope Houdini takes you, but maybe don't give it up so easy this time?
      Yup... Its true... Damn!! why can't I be accepted by a troll who has racist and misinformed views on boxing? Why can't we vacation together and talk of how Ray leonard never fought anyone as good as Rigo, while we sit on the front porch in Jersey and watch the semis roll by?

I kept on your ignorant @33 because there needed to be consequences to the vile, stupid crap you spew... Other members are also starting to keep the pressure on. You hate it because you just want to spew away... sucks to get called out on the silly things said doesn't it Rusty. You just want to spew and like most bullies, really can't stand to be handled...And handled is what you have been lol.

Every time a reasonable objection, or request is made to give you a chance to turn the crap you spew into a contrarian point, you attack the messenger because... you and everyone else knows that you are full of crap. You still have not posted proof for any of your ridiculous assertions and probably still do not know what it means to cut the ring off...

So yup you are what is known as a keeper... I really do not know how I will find another idiot to take my in... half the idiot that you are.

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
        Yup... Its true... Damn!! why can't I be accepted by a troll who has racist and misinformed views on boxing? Why can't we vacation together and talk of how Ray leonard never fought anyone as good as Rigo, while we sit on the front porch in Jersey and watch the semis roll by?

I kept on your ignorant @33 because there needed to be consequences to the vile, stupid crap you spew... Other members are also starting to keep the pressure on. You hate it because you just want to spew away... sucks to get called out on the silly things said doesn't it Rusty. You just want to spew and like most bullies, really can't stand to be handled...And handled is what you have been lol.

Every time a reasonable objection, or request is made to give you a chance to turn the crap you spew into a contrarian point, you attack the messenger because... you and everyone else knows that you are full of crap. You still have not posted proof for any of your ridiculous assertions and probably still do not know what it means to cut the ring off...

So yup you are what is known as a keeper... I really do not know how I will find another idiot to take my in... half the idiot that you are.
        I wonder if he wrote all that thinking I'd read any of it...

Hey, Forumstalker, since you're in ranting mode, can you finally tell us about that time Garcia cut DOWN the ring to beat Conn?

Comment

I wonder if he wrote all that thinking I'd read any of it...

Hey, Forumstalker, since you're in ranting mode, can you finally tell us about that time Garcia cut DOWN the ring to beat Conn?
          "Cutting the ring means to attack the fighter aggressively so he is defensive" --- Rusty the idiot

"based on beating the inconsistent and mecurial Riddick Bowe, Golota has one of the best jabs ever in boxing." ---Rusty the Moron

"When did Ray Leonard ever beat anyone as good as Rigo?" ---Rusty the troll

"Loma is better than Sugar Ray Robinson" --- Rusty the mental midget

"Coetze is better than Liston" --- Rusty the idiot savante, minus the savante part.

I don't need to say anything! And I love the new stupid strategy of the day, "bury head in sand" do not read post... Yeah thats about par for the course you idiot.

Comment

• It seems to me that boxers cannot be compared for the entire period of the existence of this sport. There are young fighters and there are legends. How can they be compared?

Comment

"Cutting the ring means to attack the fighter aggressively so he is defensive" --- Rusty the idiot

"based on beating the inconsistent and mecurial Riddick Bowe, Golota has one of the best jabs ever in boxing." ---Rusty the Moron

"When did Ray Leonard ever beat anyone as good as Rigo?" ---Rusty the troll

"Loma is better than Sugar Ray Robinson" --- Rusty the mental midget

"Coetze is better than Liston" --- Rusty the idiot savante, minus the savante part.

I don't need to say anything! And I love the new stupid strategy of the day, "bury head in sand" do not read post... Yeah thats about par for the course you idiot.
              I can explain something to you I can't UNDERSTAND it for you.

Now I see why you couldn't cut it in the girl scouts. Too soft.

Comment

I can explain something to you I can't UNDERSTAND it for you.

Now I see why you couldn't cut it in the girl scouts. Too soft.
                Hey do neither, a picture is worth a thousand words, and you are a picture of a turd.

Comment

Hey do neither, a picture is worth a thousand words, and you are a picture of a turd.
                  Daddy Issues really flaring up today, I see.

Would you like me to read you a bedtime story?

If you had and iota of athleticism and weren't adverse to sweat, I'd offer to play catch...

maybe I should take you for ice cream?

Whatever you need, I am here for you, buddy.

Comment

Daddy Issues really flaring up today, I see.

Would you like me to read you a bedtime story?

If you had and iota of athleticism and weren't adverse to sweat, I'd offer to play catch...

maybe I should take you for ice cream?

Whatever you need, I am here for you, buddy.
                    Yeah tell me the story of the Golota jab!! or oror... about that terrific South African ATG Coetze!!!!!

Comment

Yeah tell me the story of the Golota jab!!
                      Well, for starters, unlike Karate, in Boxing we use our hands. You clench a fist by collecting your fingers together andfolding your thumbs OVER them -- never wrapped inside the fingers. Because Boxing makes exclusive use of hands for striking, they're wrapped, taped, and covered in thick padded gloves.

We call striking with the fists PUNCHING.

(You win fights by being the better Boxer, so effective punching matters. You can't just pay your Sensei to give you a new belt, and tell you and your mom how proud you have made him.)

Now not all punches are created equal. In fact, punching isn't really the basis of Boxing, footwork is. That originates with a Boxers stance. Dependent on that stance and the footwork used for managing position in the ring, different punches have different value. Some will arrive faster, some will arrive harder. All will come from different angles.

The lead hand, when throwing a straight punch is a jab.

Golota's jab was quick, well-timed, varied and hard. He had a great sense of distance. He could disrupt his opponent's timing. He didn't over-commit to it, and always stayed on balance. While the punch carried a lot of mustard, he didn't mistake it for a power-punch like a bum like SOnny Liston would. Hitting hard with a jab is important, but not necessary. It's off the jab that everything else comes. Keeping an opponent off-balance and disrupting his offense is also a consequence of a good jab. So trying to make it a power punch can actually have deleterious results.

Golota began to dictate fights off his jab, the distance, tempo and ability to land follow up combinations of his own, or defuse his opponent's offense. Usually he worked to put his opponent on the back foot, and attack on the inside.

This can all be seen if you watch the fight with Riddick Bowe. Bowe was also known for an exceptional jab. But Golota handedly beat him in a battle of the jabs.

I know you don't watch Boxing, but if ever you decide to take up the hobby, this is one of the first fights you should see.

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                      or... about that terrific South African ATG Coetze!!!!!
                      Again, your ignorance of Boxing on display. Since you have mentioned SOnny Liston before, I can understand why you think Coetzee is an ATG. Compared to Liston, he is a great fighter. He didn't sturggle with Light Heavyweights. He could actually beat very good fighters.

Coetzee was very unrefined, however. He absolutely had the potential to be an ATG, but he was overly reliant on his right hand. Supplementary offense, and set-ups were absent from his skillset. He lacked all defense. Most damming of all, while a big powerful dude who could really pour on the offense, he was flabby and poorly conditioned.

Afrikaaners might be the most genetically blessed people in the whole world. But by the 1970s, simply being a huge athletic guy with a great punch and a great chin was insufficient for being champion. Conversely, we saw lots of champions of West African descent who are probably the least ideal choice for combat rise to the top, and most dominate, until the collapse of Communism. Training and fitness matter.

Against a cowardly fa'ggot like Liston who built his short and mostly insignificant career against undersized and unskilled opponents, yeah, Coetzee looks like an ATG. But if you actually watch his career, you'll see that for all his success, his over-reliance on a solid jaw and killer punch caused him to come up short.

Comment

Working...
                      X